Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome6295

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So far I've only seen 1:500 Variant covers. Has there ever been anything more "rare" than that? Like 1:10,000 or etc?
Post 101 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If there is a way to commission just one copy of a cover (not a blank cover with a sketch on it), I would do it. Then I could sell it as the 1:lifetime cover and we all know there's some dedicated collector who needs it.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
So far I've only seen 1:500 Variant covers. Has there ever been anything more "rare" than that? Like 1:10,000 or etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
If there is a way to commission just one copy of a cover (not a blank cover with a sketch on it), I would do it. Then I could sell it as the 1:lifetime cover and we all know there's some dedicated collector who needs it.


Already happend

http://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6221/page/1/quantum--woody-2017-1-2nd-print-one-copy/#7
Post 103 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Just wait until all comic books have serial numbers like dollar bills.

The chase will be on for serial numbers 000001 and so forth.

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Just wait until all comic books have serial numbers like dollar bills.

The chase will be on for serial numbers 000001 and so forth.

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.
imagine if it was on the inside face of the book.. Collectors may actually open their comics. ( at least 1 page)
Post 105 IP   flag post


Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Just wait until all comic books have serial numbers like dollar bills.

The chase will be on for serial numbers 000001 and so forth.

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.





Is 2399 too high of a number?
Post 106 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I have taken it on me to see if I can get people of our of their non-store variant fatigue. 😎

This Parrillo variant will go on sale tmr. Low print run as an image book




is that like a fat chubby pig demon girl?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke lol
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
is that like a fat chubby pig demon girl?

...reminds me of someone I once met at 2am
Post 109 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Met one of those once at the Lava Rock in Honolulu. It ended well.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Just wait until all comic books have serial numbers like dollar bills.

The chase will be on for serial numbers 000001 and so forth.

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.
imagine if it was on the inside face of the book.. Collectors may actually open their comics. ( at least 1 page)


Have a 32 digit serial #, one number on each page.
Of course that's added pressure on the creative staff to make 32 pages of something worth looking at besides the cover.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Met one of those once at the Lava Rock in Honolulu. It ended well.


Ha @Studley_Dudley the fact that your avatar is Shipwreck makes that statement even better
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I just "researched" this book more. I'm so confused

Post 113 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user



You want unnatural?
Post 115 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
holy cow
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
PSA @kaptainmyke Broke his pledge and ordered a Batgirl Variant today. He argues it's "Cover B"




Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Wrong "shame, shame, shame" pic. LOL
Post 118 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It’s not a homage or store exclusive Limited print variant so shut up
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
"B" variants don't count. They just do two different versions of the cover and you pick one. (If you buy both, that probably counts. But not one.)
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
"B" variants don't count. They just do two different versions of the cover and you pick one. (If you buy both, that probably counts. But not one.)



Post 121 IP   flag post
177016 121 21
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute