Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome6295

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Can we change this thread name to “@kaptainmyke whining about variants” please?

Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Post 277 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
yo momma
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
yo momma

How 'bout Yo-Yo Ma?
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

haven’t received it yet. I am being told that it is more red than what it appears on this scan

Wait so MAYHEW did that cover? Wow who is this guy? He came out of left field with ASM and now Vampirella?!

Would you ever sell this piece? I know you just got it.....but how? I want it.

He's been around. I've got a preliminary cover from him..

The earliest work I've seen from him was art on either Zorro or Lady Rawhide from Topps. Can't remember if it was one or both.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@doog The virgin cover of JLA #1 is pretty sweet looking. Just like the original. I think I'll get it.

Definitely go for the virgin set. You will not be disappointed!
Post 281 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

haven’t received it yet. I am being told that it is more red than what it appears on this scan

Wait so MAYHEW did that cover? Wow who is this guy? He came out of left field with ASM and now Vampirella?!

NFS - but does this mean that it is ok to buy OA of a store variant cover but not the store variant itself? 🤭
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Has Vampirella ever worn a dress or a t-shirt with pants?
Post 283 IP   flag post
Quote:

Never seen one. But how about this one 🤭

Post 284 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NFS - but does this mean that it is ok to buy OA of a store variant cover but not the store variant itself? 🤭

Definitely.
Post 285 IP   flag post
Quote:

Oh course not. She shops at a 70's retro fashion shop and only buys dozens of the same outfit every time. It's the same place where Bruce Banner bought purple pants.
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dress

T-Shirt (and corset) with Pants

Post 287 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a few of my spidey variants today from LCS ( standard ones).. so, so good.. ASM 800 has thumped all over action 1000 in that regard..

If variants look this good im not complaining.. Give me more.. Moebius looks amazing in person and great to hold. Nervous about opening these books though.. My standard ross book looks like its going to burst open any minute.. Staple is well out of place

Edit : ramos cover is really great too.. 799 and 800 look fantastic side by side.

No fatigue here I'm afraid..
Post 288 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Picked up a few of my spidey variants today from LCS ( standard ones).. so, so good.. ASM 800 has thumped all over action 1000 in that regard..

If variants look this good im not complaining.. Give me more.. Moebius looks amazing in person and great to hold. Nervous about opening these books though.. My standard ross book looks like its going to burst open any minute.. Staple is well out of place

Edit : ramos cover is really great too.. 799 and 800 look fantastic side by side.

No fatigue here I'm afraid..

Tale a look at 2nd print which gets released in 2 week time!
Post 289 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Between the thickness of the book and the flimsy paper it was tough to find 9.6 candidates of ASM 800, let alone 9.8s.
Post 290 IP   flag post

I agree. The paperstock used for the cover is too thin. Very tiny spine splits at top and bottom. Disappointed. Yet another reason to boycott! I preordered this in March by the way. This book was double bagged and sealed with a diamond sticker saying it was a 1:500 and yet it still suffered from some damage. Too thick of a book, too thin of a cover. bleh
Post 291 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke every copy I've seen (and I've only seen cover A) has had this defect on both top and bottom. I'm wondering how the shop variants are going to fair. My unknown comic books "lazy" cover has shipped...ill let you know. Going to be hard to find any of these in 9.8, unless that's what you ordered (slabbed).
Post 292 IP   flag post
Might be hard work for these shop variants find books that the guaranteed 9.8 slabs.. Doesn't leave much hope for those of us who chose to buy retailer copies raw.
Post 293 IP   flag post
This one goes on sale today. This is one variant which people should consider. if you do plan to buy it - go for the virgin set. Don't think you will be disappointed

Disclaimer: I will buy this set for selling

Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This one goes on sale today. This is one variant which people should consider.

Which one is this?
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Damn. It seems like the Marvel print shop has been pushing quantity over quality recently; Mayhew Venom #1's were all trashed & had to be reprinted, and I guess some of the ASM 800 variants came out looking like they'd been mugged. Hoping the shattered ASM 300 swipe version of 800 comes out ok.

Speaking of, any idea when that will be in @poka ?
Post 296 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man #1 Parillo Variant: (Basically a swipe of Web of Spider-man #1)

Post 297 IP   flag post
Quote:
Amazing Spider-man #1 Parillo Variant: (Basically a swipe of Web of Spider-man #1)

oh damn. I had sworn I wouldn't get an asm 1 variant..
Post 298 IP   flag post
Don't do it! It's a swipe! It's been done before!

Post 299 IP   flag post
Quote:
Don't do it! It's a swipe! It's been done before!

I know.. Its one of my favourite black suit covers..

Irony being Web #1 was the official demerge of the symbiote with Pete .. Is asm #1 a remerge?

Aaargh...

...... (who is selling this one?)
Post 300 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke My LCS had a 1:500 variant and multiples on other retailer incentives. The best of these was 9.4 or lower due to both the top and bottom interior corner damage.
Post 301 IP   flag post
sadface
Post 302 IP   flag post
Must....resist....store....variants...

Maybe I'll get the WoSM and JLA homage covers when the are discounted...
Post 303 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This one goes on sale today. This is one variant which people should consider. if you do plan to buy it - go for the virgin set. Don't think you will be disappointed

Disclaimer: I will buy this set for selling

That's a nice cover. You convinced me, Poka, so I bought a few. Even got one of the 9.8's on pre-order, which I haven't done yet for any comics. Seemed like a good price to be sure of that grade.

Where did you buy yours? From The Comic Mint? (I noticed Comic Mint prices are lowest, but don't know if it is too late to warn others. All the prices are pretty close, and Golden Apple are in CAD, so only seem higher in some cases.)

Post 304 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
...... (who is selling this one?)

https://sanctumsanctorumcomics.com/collections/sanctum-sanctorum-comics-oddities-store-exclusives/products/07-11-2018-amazing-spider-man-1-lucio-parrillo-sanctum-sanctorum-c-o-store-exclusive-trade-dress-virgin-set

Still plenty left. Just sayin.
Post 305 IP   flag post
600899 419 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?