Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Wanted STERANKO art and Comic books6291

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
So much Steranko goodness. Anyone have any art?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
So much Steranko goodness. Anyone have any art?

I wish I had some myself.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh

Rafel,
Here is my actual graded copy.

I'm willing to let it go for $150+ actual shipping cost.

Hi Joosh,
That's a little more than I want to spend. but thank you.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this bad boy on ebay for $50 free shipping.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Just got this bad boy on ebay for $50 free shipping.

Nice very nice!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised that no X-Men covers are posted or offered for sale.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I can post them if you want, but they are not for sale. For example:

Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I can post them if you want, but they are not for sale. For example:

Great cover!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
I guess #49 was the other one? Can't remember.. but I have it.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 - Here’s my #49. It took me like two years to find one in decent condition at a reasonable price.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 - Here’s my #49. It took me like two years to find one in decent condition at a reasonable price.

Very nice. What are you asking for it?
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Rafel - Like I mentioned earlier, i am not looking to sell my X-Men. If Steranko returns to RICON this year, I might get this one signed too.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Rafel - Like I mentioned earlier, i am not looking to sell my X-Men. If Steranko returns to RICON this year, I might get this one signed too.
Quote:

No problem. It's a great cover!! Thank you for sharing.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:

Hi Ed,
I received it yesterday and it's everything you said it was. Jim Steranko is my favorite artist. Thank you again.

Rafel.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

Hi Ed,
I received it yesterday and it's everything you said it was. Jim Steranko is my favorite artist. Thank you again.

Rafel.

Great! I am glad it arrived safely and you are satisfied with everything.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko art work is near impossible to find for sale. While Steranko's influence on the hobby is large, he actually didn't do a large body of work in comics. That means there isn't a lot of his artwork to go around. Collectors that have it won't sell because opportunities to replace it are rare. And Steranko doesn't do hardly any sketches or commissions (his reputation is commissions take forever to be completed) So his art is rare and expensive.

Steranko attends lots of shows and is a great guy to meet and talk to. It's easy enough to find his comics and his autograph is beautiful. Books with his art are not unaffordable. Nick Fury 1 is probably the least expensive 1968 Marvel first issue for instance. 9.4 copies are around $400.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Tales From the Edge #11

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post
Photographed this at Dragon Con. I don't think you'll get David Spurlock to sell it.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
His original art work at conventions was a bit too high for me - starting was about $1,300 - not sure what the upper limit was!!!
Happy enough to get a bunch of books signed - should be back from CBCS in 6months?? and to have diner with him.
Have Shield 6 and 7 both x2, Cap 111 and Bladerunner all in for authorized witness grading.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

This is one of the most beautiful covers you'll find in the $3 bins. Gorgeous book, doesn't sell for any money at all. And it's a wrap around cover as well. There is more goodness on the back this time by Buckler.
Post 46 IP   flag post

Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

This is one of the most beautiful covers you'll find in the $3 bins. Gorgeous book, doesn't sell for any money at all. And it's a wrap around cover as well. There is more goodness on the back this time by Buckler.

Now that's a cool cover. Thank you for sharing!!
Post 48 IP   flag post
598088 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?