Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Wanted STERANKO art and Comic books6291

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi FORUM, I'm a big fan of Jim Steranko and looking for anything he did. I'm trying to replace my lower grades with high grades slabbed or raw. STRANGE TALES, S.H.I.E.L.D. and original art.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I got the goods if you can pay $$$. Which issues specifically?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Got a raw VG- Captain America # 113, you can have it for $15 + shipping.

It displays well for the grade, I even dry cleaned it....had it on my wall at $25 at the Big Apple Con last month, figured someone would buy it to have Steranko sign it at the show. That's why I dry cleaned it.πŸ˜©πŸ˜–

I can post front/back cover pics, if you want it.πŸ‘Œ
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ah...I just saw that you only want high grades.

NevermindπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Got a raw VG- Captain America # 113, you can have it for $15 + shipping.

It displays well for the grade, I even dry cleaned it....had it on my wall at $25 at the Big Apple Con last month, figured someone would buy it to have Steranko sign it at the show. That's why I dry cleaned it.πŸ˜©πŸ˜–

I can post front/back cover pics, if you want it.πŸ‘Œ

I have that one. Thank you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Ah...I just saw that you only want high grades.

NevermindπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Most of mine are 8's or higher except for my STRANGE TALES 167 grade 7 which he signed back in 1977-78.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

NICK FURY AGENT OF SHIELD 1 - 7

Any STRANGE TALES 151 - 167
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector tim private msg quote post Address this user
I have Nick Fury 6 and 7, check them out at https://www.facebook.com/pg/timeoutcards/photos/?tab=album&album_id=283832292102575 Or https://mewe.com/group/5aed0d18ddbae10fc775ac11. Thanks for looking, Tim.
Post 8 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I have Nick Fury and his Agents of SHIELD 1 CGC 9.6. Steranko cover. Picture for reference only.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Interested to see what gets offered up here.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've got this one I could part with. I'm not sure what to ask for it, but I'd be open to offers. It is inscriped "To Chas," if memory serves me right. I bought it that way and had it verified. And everytime I look at it, I see the tape pull that I DID because I had to look at it one last time before sending it off to CBCS!!! If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even consider parting with it. It's my only copy of #113 also, so I'd have to replace it!! LOL!!!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

Here’s a taste...
(Not cheap though)

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've got this one I could part with. I'm not sure what to ask for it, but I'd be open to offers. It is inscriped "To Chas," if memory serves me right. I bought it that way and had it verified. And everytime I look at it, I see the tape pull that I DID because I had to look at it one last time before sending it off to CBCS!!! If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even consider parting with it. It's my only copy of #113 also, so I'd have to replace it!! LOL!!!

Nice book, even with the tape pull.

But yeah, that would be an unwelcome reminder of my carelessness, as well...knowing that the book was assumably in the 8-9.0's range, when I looked at it.

I can't remember ever damaging a book with tape but I did downgrade a McFarland signed copy of ASM #298.

It was signed by McFarlane on the first page, subbed it to CBCS at a con a couple years back.

I had several stacks on the table, I put some paperwork on top of the ASM 298,while talking to Paulus and Roman about comics, got sidetracked and forgot that the book was under the paperwork. ...I than leaned on the table with my hands....wmammo...I realized a book was underneath my palm.

Pretty sure it was around a 9.6, before I put my weight on it.

Came back as an 8.0.

I cleaned and pressed it before subbing it, can't remember if I had CBCS press it again but my eff up kicked in several CB spine ticks which obviously were not going anywhere.

Took me about a year to actually sell on eBay.

Bought it off eBay, for around $15-$30.

I do remember that I made $5 or $10 at most in profit.I think it was like six or seven bucks...πŸ˜©πŸ˜§πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Spending time dry cleaning & pressing a all white cover book, spines on those books just suuuuuck to clean....that was over an hour of my time, with pressing.

Between the time spent looking for books like that, prepping time and finanvisl cost of putting out $75 to "profit" $5, after having that $75 tied up for a year .....ugh.

I'd rather have the book back now, probably could have banged it out at double what I sold it for a year and change back.

Things I learned:

If a hot modern artist signs your book, it has to be on the cover to move quickly/a nice number.

1)
A Simon or Kirby sig on an interior page would be fine as wine, but McFarlane/modern collectors want to see a sig on a cover.

2)
Nothing else.
Post 13 IP   flag post
And Jesse, far as what you should ask for on your Cap 113, I'd say $100 shipped (assuming domestic shipping) is fair for both parties.

GPA data on Steranko SS slabs of this book are all over the place.

A 6.5 sold for $131 while a 7.0 sold for $77, and so on.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids Thanks for sharing your story!!

It IS a bad memory for me and this thread got me thinking about selling it. After researching, I was actually thinking of $100 plus shipping ($13), but I'd probably do $100 shipped in the lower 48. I think I'll post it up on a new thread here if the OP doesn't want it. Then, if no one here wants it, I'll put it up on an eBay auction and let it fly. I'm ready to move on. As long as I can get enough to buy a 7.0-8.0 raw Cap 113 to replace it, and have some cash left over, I'll be happy.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I only checked GPA, didn't check eBay to what's currently available, and what the prices are.

I personally wouldn't take less than a red nickel less than $100 + shipping for it, if I listed it on eBay.

It's, unarguably,a classic silver age Steranko cover, in higher grade, with a verified Steranko signature.

It's worth every penny IMO.

But on this board, I'd say $100 shipped (domestic) would be close enough for me, as eBay fees are cut out, which lovers the price by 12% for the buyer, without you taking a hit.

If the OP doesn't take it, I'd throw a bid on it in auction format.πŸ‘
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here’s a taste...
(Not cheap though)

Nice. Do you have anything from CBCS? I should have stated I'm not a CGC fan. Sorry about that.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
I have Nick Fury and his Agents of SHIELD 1 CGC 9.6. Steranko cover. Picture for reference only.

Now that's a nice cover!! CGC 9.6!! I'm not a CGC fan but for the right price I could. Let me know what your willing to take for it. Thanks.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I've got that Cap and it's being graded by CBCS as I type. Great cover!! Thank you for sharing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here’s a taste...
(Not cheap though)

Nice. Do you have anything from CBCS? I should have stated I'm not a CGC fan. Sorry about that.

I got Strange Tales 151-167 mostly in 7.0 range CBCS.

But you are asking for High Grade which means 8.5+. So all my 8.5-9.4 STERANKO stuff is CGC cause it has better resell value.
Post 20 IP   flag post
This is my favorite Steranko that I own.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here’s a taste...
(Not cheap though)

I got Strange Tales 151-167 mostly in 7.0 range CBCS.

But you are asking for High Grade which means 8.5+. So all my 8.5-9.4 STERANKO stuff is CGC cause it has better resell value.

Hmmmm....9.4 !! What do you have in 9.4?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim
I have Nick Fury 6 and 7, check them out at https://www.facebook.com/pg/timeoutcards/photos/?tab=album&album_id=283832292102575 Or https://mewe.com/group/5aed0d18ddbae10fc775ac11. Thanks for looking, Tim.

Hi Tim, I checked both of them out. very nice indeed. I just love the cover of #6. Email me at rcons333@yahoo.com with your best price with shipping. Thinking about #6, the inker must have cried when he saw this cover or was totally awe struck.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
This is my favorite Steranko that I own.

I have this one also. It is a cool very cool.
Post 24 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Rafel,
Here is my actual graded copy.

I'm willing to let it go for $150+ actual shipping cost.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
So much Steranko goodness. Anyone have any art?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
So much Steranko goodness. Anyone have any art?

I wish I had some myself.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh

Rafel,
Here is my actual graded copy.

I'm willing to let it go for $150+ actual shipping cost.

Hi Joosh,
That's a little more than I want to spend. but thank you.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Just got this bad boy on ebay for $50 free shipping.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just got this bad boy on ebay for $50 free shipping.

Nice very nice!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
598059 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?