Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS EventsComics Copper AgeMemorabiliaSignatures

Heroes Con!627

Collector Bagofleas private msg quote post Address this user
I've been at a lot more shows this year than in the past. But without fail, the single best show on the east coast is always Heroes Con!

This year was no exception. For the comic book and art lover, this show is second to none. It's all artists, writers, producers. No celebrities to speak of. It is the single most original art based convention in the nation.

They set up a large platform in the center of the convention with seating in front it, for people to sit and watch as artists work on pieces for the art auction that is one of the biggest centerpieces of the whole show each year.

And the sheer number of comic dealers is astonishing! Not to mention that Heroes has the best, and largest artist alley of any of the shows I've seen.

I went to this show for the first time last year and I promised myself that I would never miss it again. This year however, I managed to do something that I wasn't able to do last year.

I won an original piece at the art auction! It is a very cool Cannonball (Sam Guthrie) original art piece by Bob McLeod himself! It's 11x14 and features one of my all time favorite characters. I've always been a huge New Mutants fan. It was the series that got me into collecting comics in the first place.

So now I own two Cannonball art pieces by Bob, and now have them both hanging on my wall at home. Pictured here are those two pieces

Did anybody else attend this awesome show? If so, what did you manage to find or pick up?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cloudcloddie private msg quote post Address this user
those are sweet. congrats!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Picked this up 👍

WOW! Awesome!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Picked this up 👍
I can't quite make out the verified?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Stan signed first page
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
I got Steve Epting to sign several Captain America books and left them to be graded with CBCS. Heroes is truly an awesome convention. My son and I travel 400 miles round trip from East Tennessee, but it is worth every mile. CBCS staff, including the gentlemen that witnessed my signatures, were super friendly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
I got Steve Epting to sign several Captain America books and left them to be graded with CBCS. Heroes is truly an awesome convention. My son and I travel 400 miles round trip from East Tennessee, but it is worth every mile. CBCS staff, including the gentlemen that witnessed my signatures, were super friendly.

I was working the CBCS booth for Heroes. I don't think I was the one who helped you out, but yeah, we were steady busy the whole show pretty much! We did a boatload more books this year than we did last year at Heroes!

I travelled 7 1/2 hours myself to be part of the show. And I will do it again and again, every single year.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector scbeachbum private msg quote post Address this user
I attended. Been going for about 7 years. It seemed like there were more vendors and artists this year? Found several key issues I was looking for and grabbed several prints. Jennevie Bromell's art is great. Picked up several of her prints.

I agree with you, best show on east coast at a great price!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector therandyrobbins private msg quote post Address this user
How long will it take for a comic I submitted there on the 17th to show up on my profile?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by therandyrobbins
How long will it take for a comic I submitted there on the 17th to show up on my profile?

Mine hasn't shown up yet either. They are pretty busy right now with con season, CGC garbage, and personal matters. I'd say it might take a few more days than normal.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I also submitted at heroes. I would think we should see something next week.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Anyone heard anything about Heroes submissions. I submitted on that Friday June 17th and still nothing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Anyone heard anything about Heroes submissions. I submitted on that Friday June 17th and still nothing.

I submitted my books at heroes and they showed up in the system a couple days ago. Did you go to order history? I would think they should be in the system soon.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@Bagofleas if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for that affordable #15?
Post 15 IP   flag post
I received an email this past Monday stating they just were able to start the process with my submission at Heroes. So, I'm thinking about a couple of weeks behind?

I'm cool with it, I don't want them to rush, it's my first grading! Hoping it comes back pretty high! Fingers crossed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I submitted my books at heroes and they showed up in the system a couple days ago. Did you go to order history? I would think they should be in the system soon.

Still says no orders. What day did you submit yours. Mine was around 11:30 that day
Post 17 IP   flag post
If I haven't heard anything by Tuesday I'm calling.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbeachbum
I received an email this past Monday stating they just were able to start the process with my submission at Heroes. So, I'm thinking about a couple of weeks behind?

I'm cool with it, I don't want them to rush, it's my first grading! Hoping it comes back pretty high! Fingers crossed.

It's my first too. ASM #300 probably around a 9.6/9.8 that's why I'm wondering what's up.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still says no orders. What day did you submit yours. Mine was around 11:30 that day

I actually submitted Saturday morning around 10:45. I would call them on Tuesday like you said. The customer service is great.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I had a vendor pass so mine was around 9:30 Saturday morning.
Post 21 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We are still putting in books from Heroes. If your books are not in yet, they will be soon.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
@Bagofleas if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for that affordable #15?

:popcorn:
Post 23 IP   flag post
598060 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?