Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Live Action Swamp Thing TV Series (2019)6269

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
While I’d rather a modern film adaptation, this could be interesting.

Too bad it’ll be on a DC branded streaming service.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/swamp-thing-series-dc-streaming-service-1202795273/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I love the fact that they're doing Swamp Thing series. I hate the fact that it's going to be on their streaming service. It seems like in order to see a quality show you have to pay for it out the ass! Netflix, CBC Access, Amazone Prime, RedTube etc. I know that's the latest way to go but at some point, I hope it backfires on all of the money hungry companies and they lose viewership. On top of cable or satellite, people just can't afford it... at least I can't!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Totally agree, @OGJackster.

We have Prime & Netflix & I refuse to pay for another.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Usenet is the way to go.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Totally agree, @OGJackster.

We have Prime & Netflix & I refuse to pay for another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
While I’d rather a modern film adaptation, this could be interesting.

Too bad it’ll be on a DC branded streaming service

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/swamp-thing-series-dc-streaming-service-1202795273/

A streaming service thst solely offers a handful of shows to stream, is just about the worst business idea that DC could come up with.

I don't see how a DC streaming service could even exist, unless they charge customers something like $5/month, at the most.

They have a couple cartoons and what...1 or 2 live action shows planned for this service?

Who is going to pay more than a couple dollars a month for that, when you have Netflix which has thousands of movies, and all of the Marvel shows?

Swamp Thing, from what the article said, hasn't been green lit yet.I dunno about the status of the other shows.

DC needs to stream their content on Netflix or Hulu, to be competitive.

If the have a "DC only channel", they will not have nearly as wide a audience as Netflix or Hulu.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600909 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?