Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Miracleman #1 1:200 Variant6263

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I got lucky and found/bought Miracleman #1 - 1:200 variant!
I believe that Marvel will introduce him into the Marvel Movies in the near future with all the other "cosmic" characters.
Especially after all the court cases over ownership rights involving Todd McFarlane. (Its an interesting read.) Why pay all that money and go through all that trouble if they weren't planing on using him for something major? Just my 2 cents.

What do you guys think?
Check out Pics of the comic I purchased.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why the legal battles? because people like to get paid settlements and because lawyers love to make money? I am not optimistic about Miracleman.

I thought Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman were the 2 fighting in court over his IPs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I see this was still part of the Eclipse buyout Todd McFarlane did in 1996. Geez. That was a move that caused a lot of ripples. Lord....

Then I read that Mick Anglo had retained all the rights to Miracleman from the get go, and that Eclipse and McFarlane and others had no right or claim to the IP lmao

What a legal nightmare for everyone involved. Gaiman had to publish 1602 just to pay his legal battles with McFarlane.

That IP has so much legal issues with it I'd be afraid to read it and get sued.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke You're right Myke. They were in battle in court, then Marvel came in and bought up the rights to the character. Yeah, Todd thought that Miracleman went with Eclipse Comics, but it didn't happen that way. He even went on to try to incorporate the character into his Curse of the Spawn series.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Todd and Gaiman both should step back because it's causing fans to want to avoid either one like the plague
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yeah, but with Captain Marvel on the rise, the Inhumans (Black Bolt and team), Guardians of the Galaxy, they can easily place in Miracleman.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
I do not see Marvel ever using Miracleman in any movie 🤷🏻‍♂️ Still a cool book though
Post 7 IP   flag post
agrees
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
If anybody has the clout to untangle this, it's Disney.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Well, there was once going to be a movie. Now its been put on hold. But If Marvel and Disney see a cash cow, you know it has a chance to happen.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think a book to have would be the 2D version of Miracleman 3D. This one... not so much.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@X51 Do you remember the exact name of it?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Here's a write-up. It's version of Miracleman 3D that was produced for the visually impaired that had a problem reading the 3D comics.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Miracleman2d3d.php
Post 13 IP   flag post
@X51 Guess I'll have to keep in the look out for this one. Thanks
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@X51 Guess I'll have to keep in the look out for this one. Thanks

I look inside whenever I see a copy for sale. There is no difference on the cover. I've had no luck so far, but it's a very low priority for me.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't know the whole back story of the rights to Miracleman or about the lawsuit and dispute between McFarlane and Gaiman. Not sure how I missed this before. After reading about it, I must say that I lost some respect for McFarlane.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Gaiman worked out a deal with Marvel where he would write X number of projects in exchange for them backing getting the full rights to the character... basically cleaning house on everything, which really was the right thing to do, IMO. McFarlane ended up with the rights through the Eclipse BK back in the day... They only had the publishing rights to Miracleman, though, not the IP. That was the problem. Everything got really confused from there, though, thus why it went to court. In the end, Marvel ended up with the rights.

They have some sort of plan, I'm sure, but we don't know what it is. This is similar to the Watchmen situation on the DC side. How best to bring a beloved book / character / series into an established universe and not upset the masses too much. DC is finally trying to do right by the Watchmen and it's making some happy, some not. We'll see how that goes. Maybe the same will be done with Miracleman / Marvelman.

Will they try to make a film? I think it would be a mistake not to get things moving on the comic side first. I was honestly surprised with all of the reprints that they didn't segue into new material at the helm of Gaiman or someone else they trust....
Post 17 IP   flag post
Got my copy of Miracleman #1 1:200 today!
Next stop CBCS!

This white specks on the bottom of the comic are from my scanner only.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Cool, I'm gonna wait for the Venomized, True Believers cover swipe/homage.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@GanaSoth Cool, I'm gonna wait for the Venomized, True Believers cover swipe/homage.

Post 20 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Haha
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
So I just learned Miracleman is actually Marvelman, who is actually Captain Marvel. Don’t see that in a movie.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I think before all of that, he was one of the M&M Peanuts. The blue one.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak You got a good argument focal piece there. Both came out in 1954...
Post 24 IP   flag post
598060 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?