Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Unknown Comic Books - ASM #800 Exclusive6255

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Tomorrow at 2PM the pre-orders start. Looks very cool!
Click for Website

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow That's just lazy artwork. Wow brah.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Sometimes less is more. I haven't been overly impressed by any of the 800 covers. But this one appeals to me...it's got a nice blend of black, white and red...and I like the little goblin symbol in loeu of the spider. I'll be picking g up a trade dress of this cover....and likely no other variants of 800.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm gonna get one I like it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The Amazing Bat-Spider!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@X51 Amazing Bat Spider? Ha-ha. I don't see a bat. I see the old red costume getting covered by the old black costume.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Hinting more and more towards spidey wearing symbiote again

In which case I'm going with the inhyuk Lee cover
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
and I like the little goblin symbol in loeu of the spider

Post 8 IP   flag post
I've been saying he's going to wear the black costume symbiote again
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Yep.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
and I like the little goblin symbol in loeu of the spider

"In lieu". Typo. The white symbol that is normally a spider (black costume" appears to be a goblin symbol on a glider. I believe x51 referred to it as a bat.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I believe x51 referred to it as a bat.

A Bat-Spider to be more accurate.
Post 12 IP   flag post
To me it doesn’t look like a goblin. Looks like the white spider from black costume. The only difference is the tail or spider body bottom line edge.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke me too
Post 14 IP   flag post
Just looks like spidey symbol to me on this cover .. I also think it's a lazy cover but the symbiote creeping around the spidey symbol is pretty cool.

The ramos cover the costume has a bit symbiote / buggy eyes too so that's 3 covers of spidey in symbiote so I'm also pretty sure that's the go.. .

Oh man.. Spidey back in symbiote is a personal must have for me.. Not sure what others think but I might go a bit silly on this issue.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
To me it doesn’t look like a goblin. Looks like the white spider from black costume. The only difference is the tail or spider body bottom line edge.

I didn't realize the original black costume chest emblem had "horns" or antenna or pinchers...whatever the they're supposed to be (it seems to very by the artist). But these look more like devil horns to me in this rendition. But I see why my comment didn't make sense now.

surprised is one doesn't have a virgin variant. Unknown comics switching it up a bit with this set.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't realize the original black costume chest emblem had "horns" or antenna or pinchers...whatever the they're supposed to be (it seems to very by the artist). But these look more like devil horns to me in this rendition. But I see why my comment didn't make sense now.

surprised is one doesn't have a virgin variant. Unknown comics switching it up a bit with this set.
it's always been that way as I remember

Post 17 IP   flag post
Just never really noticed it I guess. Everyone draws them a little different I suppose.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Yep.

I've always been a black costume spidey webhead. I collected the stories from the era first above all others when I was a kid. I loved the black costume the most over all suits.

He'll return to red and blue. He always does. Always. Makes more sense to stay in black though. Spiders are not red and blue.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Agreed, whatever the black costume story that's coming will inevitably revert back to status quo once sales begin to drop.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

Now THIS is lazy...takIng one of their "exclusive" covers...suckering those like myself into paying $20...then sending an announcement about a "customer appreciation" cover...that is just a cropping of their previous exclusive cover, and charging $20 yet again (no print run announced, but it was "limited" and is now sold out while the other cover is still available)...

they appreciated MY original order so much they didn't even notify me of the exclusive cover until it was sold out. Much appreciated!

one of the things I liked about the original kirkham cover was it didn't have a virgin or other variant packaged with it...then this shows up. More reason to boycott shop variants.

#RESIST(shopvariants)

Post 21 IP   flag post
ooooooo I like that. Must....restrain......must....fight.....
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
What's black and white, and red all over?

A bleeding ant on a piece of paper.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yep.

I've always been a black costume spidey webhead. I collected the stories from the era first above all others when I was a kid. I loved the black costume the most over all suits.

He'll return to red and blue. He always does. Always. Makes more sense to stay in black though. Spiders are not red and blue.
all the teases he will be back in not just black but in symbiote this issue brings so many exciting " What ifs" to mind .. And then I remember we are getting a reboot back to another asm #1 which has preview pages of spidey dancing between a pack of old villains on trusty red and blue..

It just seems so unnecessary to do a reboot right now. (as always)

The way the red goblin story is going it looks like its headed for a hurried wrap up which is a big shame. Spidey putting symbiote back in and closing off on one or two issues is an even bigger let down

That new variant is awesome.. Much much better than the first. ( sorry to say it @drogio) But I just can't stand unknown comics obnoxious back cover.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:

You called this cover "lazy" 9 days ago!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You called this cover "lazy" 9 days ago!
it's not the same cover no bug eyes.. Its much better
Post 26 IP   flag post
It's a much different cover brah

of course i'm messing with you it's the same damn cover..... ZOOMED IN.

oooooooooooooooooooo maybe no one will notice! let's make a variant of a variant! we'll just zoom in, all these geeky fanboys are too stupid to notice and we'll get MORE money from them!

Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's a much different cover brah

of course i'm messing with you it's the same damn cover..... ZOOMED IN.

oooooooooooooooooooo maybe no one will notice! let's make a variant of a variant! we'll just zoom in, all these geeky fanboys are too stupid to notice and we'll get MORE money from them!

"And here's the kicker...we'll call it a 'fan appreciation variant' so they think we're doing something for them, even though we are charging them $20 for basically the same comic they just purchased!! It's brilliant, I tell ya!"
Post 28 IP   flag post
600771 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?