Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeGrading Help Needed

Grade me please6235

Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
OK, this is partially because I can't believe how beautiful this book is and, honestly, kind of to show off! Just received it. Wish I had more like it

These are hi-resolution scans, so zoom in as much as you want to see any flaws . . .

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Judging from the pics, it looks to be an 7.5 to 8.0
Has it had any trimming on the cover? Bottom spine corner looks very sharp as does the over all bottom portion of the comic. Back cover doesn't over hang the inner comic pages (back cover appears to match up with the inner pages) The comic looks to be very flat at the staples but the front cover doesn't completely cover the interior pages. This is only reason why I'm asking if it was ever trimmed, as it shows no signs of spine roll of ever having spine roll. Looks very nice for a 1948 book.
Beautiful Book! Thanks for sharing with us.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome book! If it hasn’t been trimmed and the interior pages are supple should be in the 8 to 9 range.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
With professional pressing and cleaning of the covers. As long as there isn't other hidden defects or staining. I could see this getting a 9.4.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are sure hardcore on this pressing thing. From the pictures provided I can see absolutely no reason to have this book pressed. I do agree that if the interior is nice it could grade as high as 9.4 however.Hard to say without a better look, though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
You guys are sure hardcore on this pressing thing. From the pictures provided I can see absolutely no reason to have this book pressed. I do agree that if the interior is nice it could grade as high as 9.4 however.Hard to say without a better look, though.

All those wrinkles along the white edges of the back cover, and the dirt on the back cover would all but disappear with pressing and cleaning. As it sits probably an 8.5 without pressing and dry cleaning.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Post 9 IP   flag post
601311 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?