Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

Grading and signature verification help6199

Collector Newbie private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a newbie (per my name) and interested in getting a comic book for grading and verifying signatures. I have looked over the internet but I can't find anything that directly deals with the questions below.

It is mainly for me to keep and I like the fact it will be stored well. It is an Action Comics #1000 Nicola Scott variant cover just released. I was there and it was autographed by 2 people on first day of release at the store:
1. Nicola Scott
2. Annette Kwok (colourist)

I'm quite new to this so I have a few questions:

1. Re signature verification, I was wondering whether to verify only Nicola's signature or both signatures. CBCS should definitely have Nicola Scott's signature but I am not sure about the colourist as she may not be known.
a. Do they have Annette's signature?
b. Do people only verify one signature even if the comic book has several signatures on it?

2. Do people actually get comic books graded only, even though there are autograph signatures on it?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
I was told they consider any markings on the comic as flaws unless you have them verified. So you’re better off taking the risk and having them verify both. On the last book I sent in with two, one was verified and one “could not be verified.” Still came back with a red label and no visible notes regarding the other sig verification failing. After all, a negative doesn’t mean it’s not legit, just that they were unable to verify it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this is an option for you, but if the book is for personal collection and you dont get a satisfactory answer to whether they have the signature on file, why not wait a few months and check back?

The book will survive a few months in a typical comic bag.....
Post 3 IP   flag post
598060 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?