Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
@poka Ah. I haven't seen that rumor. Where did you see it?

various places. here is one

https://comicsheatingup.net/2018/06/11/thinks-i-like-and-dont-like-for-the-week-of-june-13th-2018/#more-24707

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Looks like a lot of spec on that Titans Special 1. If she does appear in that, I bet Dynamic Forces won't be too happy about it because they are pushing Teen Titans 20 as her first appearance. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

If she does not appear in TS 1, I guess the next spec book will TTS 1, then maybe Titans 23.

If she appears before TT20 will probably just be a cameo so TT20 May still be the first full appearance
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
get both. My guess is that TT20 will be heavily ordered, but cover B will be harder to come buy and it has Crushs first cover appearance...so my guess is if it's just a cameo prior to that book TT20B is worth grabbing of the lot of them.

but TS1 was not widely advertised...so who knows.

TTS1 is starting to sell out too.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Unofficially official. TS1 has no Crush appearance. TTS1 is the first appearance (may still be a cameo).

Prices are starting to climb for TTS1 on eBay. And the book isn't out for two weeks!

Why is everyone so gaga about this character when they don't know anything about her, and Lobo isn't even that popular? S

Meanwhile I hear Venom #2 and Thos #1 may each have a first appearance...Thor being another mashup character. Because whe just have mashed enough!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I'm told the new Justice League #1 that came out last week, in the back there is a preview of Teen Titans #20. One page is the full cover with Lobo's Daughter on it and there's a two page spread with LD drawn large from the waist up in the top left corner.

Anyone here care about previews?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

Anyone here care about previews?

I think all the DC monthly comics/regulars had the preview.

But to answer your question....nope.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Always bet on Squirrel for modern profits.

Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Unofficially official. TS1 has no Crush appearance. TTS1 is the first appearance (may still be a cameo).

Prices are starting to climb for TTS1 on eBay. And the book isn't out for two weeks!

Why is everyone so gaga about this character when they don't know anything about her, and Lobo isn't even that popular? S

Meanwhile I hear Venom #2 and Thos #1 may each have a first appearance...Thor being another mashup character. Because whe just have mashed enough!

Yep then next chance is TT Special 1
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy a Titans 1 tomorrow. You saved me $5 bucks.

I preordered TT 20 a long time ago. Have a few of each cover coming my way when it comes out. I missed out on TTS 1. May try to pick one up at the LCS if they don't jack up the cover price.

I think people are interested in Crush because people like cutesy female characters (e.g. Harley Quinn, Squirrel Girl, etc.),
Post 58 IP   flag post
@poka

Is this the book we should get?

Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@poka

Not anymore unless you intend to read it
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@poka

Not anymore unless you intend to read it

So don't buy it? Can you screen shot the one we should be chasing?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Candidates are

Teen Titans Special 1

Titans 23

Teen Titans 20 covers a & b

Post 62 IP   flag post
I found this on eBay: Teen Titans 20

So now I'm not sure what the final Babs Tarr cover is going to be.

*edit*
It's the Kamome Shirahama Variant.

Post 63 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
When they say "teen". Do they mean 13?
Post 64 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Ha! I have no idea. But man, when we ordered covers A and B from midtown comics, they weren't offering the Kamome Shirahama cover. I'm starting to wonder how many cover variations DC is going to add for TT 20. I have never really chased variants in my past as a collector, but I can see how it can get insanely out of hand. That said, I think out of the three covers revealed, Kamome Shirahama's is the best so far. I wonder which one will be the most sought after?
Post 65 IP   flag post
I havent even seen the Kamine Shirahama cover offered anywhere. I ordered a b cover that didn't identify the artist thinking it was that cover...didn't realize there are three out there now..
Post 66 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Who is the fat kid with the basketball on his chest? Bouncing Boy?
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
I havent even seen the Kamine Shirahama cover offered anywhere. I ordered a b cover that didn't identify the artist thinking it was that cover...didn't realize there are three out there now..

I was fooling around on eBay last night and found it.

Here you go: Cover C

And a different seller:

Cover C
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Roundhouse
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Roundhouse

Roundhouse.....or....

Post 70 IP   flag post
TT20 release has been pushed to 7/25 (was 7/4). Probably to allow more open orders as DC likely caught word it's speculated as a hot book.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
TT20 release has been pushed to 7/25 (was 7/4). Probably to allow more open orders as DC likely caught word it's speculated as a hot book.

Which means that it won't be
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:

I remember reading a while ago that it got pushed back three weeks. According to the Titans 23 promo, the incidents that occur in Teen Titans 20 has affects on the Titans team. But now Titans 23 is coming out BEFORE Teen Titans 20. Seems that by pushing TT20 back three weeks, that the story in T23 won't make sense.

Quote:
Quote:

Which means that it won't be

True. Almost all pre-planned hot books or collectibles usually end up being neither hot or collectible.
Post 73 IP   flag post
TEEN Titans Special #1 (not to be confused with Titans Special #1) is now available for pre order at Midtown Comics.

order link

SWARM SWARM SWARM!!!!!!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
TEEN Titans Special #1 (not to be confused with Titans Special #1) is now available for pre order at Midtown Comics.

order link

SWARM SWARM SWARM!!!!!!

Those sold fast. Only one per customer, and they are already sold out.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I was able to get 2 on my pull list
Post 76 IP   flag post
I grabbed 3. Wonder if I'll get hosed out of none since the limit came out after my order went through.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@Drogio I hope you get them. I still don't have a copy. Guess I'll try a comic shop near me. I havent speculated on a new book in decades. Now I'm starting to regret all those copies of TT 20 I pre-ordered from mid-town. 😑

Fingers crossed that TTS 1 is just a cameo. 😁
Post 78 IP   flag post
I think it will be just a cameo....but since they pushed out TT20 a few weeks it'll be heavily ordered. We'll see what happens. If they deny my 3 copies i hope they still honor 1. Going to put in another order of comics I could not tack down at my lcs today...my lcs doesn't order much beyond their pull list unless it's a hugely popular title....and I don't buy titles consistently enough to have a running list.
Post 79 IP   flag post
TTS1 sold out at Diamond. No backorders. One of my friends tried to back order 2 weeks ago. Came back as unfilled.
Post 80 IP   flag post
598062 91 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?