Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionQuestions

Infinity War Discussion !!!!SPOILERS!!!6187

Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
So i wanted to be able to talk Infinity War with those who have seen it and I dont want to ruin it for others whom haven't yet. That said, where does Marvel go from here. To me Infinity War wrote an awfully big check that Avengers 4 will have to cash, can it? will it?

Obviously we all know that some people are coming back, strangely enough, that didn't make their death less emotional for me. However it all boils down to a few things, some people will have to stay dead, some of the survivors will have to die (we all know its gonna be at least 1 of the big 3 at least right? i mean if not, thats a ripoff) Mind you all this has to be done in a way that wont feel cheap, which means it cant be that the Time stone is really with Dr Strange or something stupid like that, and I'm excited to see how Capt Marvel will fit in and what she brings.

This brings me to the crux of this thread, what do you think will happen? what do you want to happen?

As an aside, in retrospect, I'm a little deflated that we didnt see the Iron Man/Captain America Reunion, the trailers did a nice fake with that, I never thought it would have been Bruce Banner in the Hulk Buster armor. Lastly, Marvel can't let Hulk go out like a bitch (pardon my language) I want to see new levels of Hulk Rage because he has to earn his......"hulkhood" back after being utterly demolished, and being scared the rest of the film. Movie Hulk isnt like comics Hulk where more rage equates to more power, but he does have to snap, consequences be damned and do something. I mean, he is supposed to be one of the strongest and Thor, Iron Man, and even Captain America put up a seemingly better fight. (goes without saying that Gamora did the best agains dear old Dad imo, even if it was a hologram or however we call that.

Sorry for being hyper verbose, let me hear your thoughts!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I was under the impression that Steve Rogers was Nomad. I also was under the impression the Star logo sent via pager/beeper post credits was a call for help to Nova and the Nova Corps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Captain Marvel is set in the 90s too I thought so that will most likely be a solo prequel film (like the success of Wonder Woman) that leads her into meeting Nova and the Nova Corps to save the day in Infinity War pt 2 possibly.
Post 3 IP   flag post
And how about the surprise cameo by the Red Skull
Post 4 IP   flag post
The redskull was a nice surprise and They said that Thanos wiped out the Nova Corp that’s how he already had the first infinity stone when they movie started. Though I think some of Nova Corps had to have survived just like some Asgardians had to have survived, maybe they’ll play a role in Avengers 4
Post 5 IP   flag post
Well....the story of Nova is supposedly he's the last surviving member of the Nova Corps

could lead into a storyline from Annihilation
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah, it would fit, but they barely developed the Nova Corps story at all, so it would be hard to introduce this super powerful guy that we should all care about. From the movie perspective they said here are the Nova Corps, bye. So I can’t imagine him having too big of a role if any. Assuming they don’t introduce/develop the character in the Captain Marvel movie
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley1883
introduce/develop the character in the Captain Marvel movie

Yep, which would warrant yet another standalone movie, lol

Other people to consider could be Quasar or Mar-vell
Post 8 IP   flag post
Marv-ell is in Captain Marvel movie, that's been confirmed to my knowledge, Jude Law will play him
Post 9 IP   flag post
And lets not forget HIM who was in the Guardians Easter Egg, though, i think they'll save that for GOTG 3, while Adam Warlock does have a significant role with Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet in the comics, it would feel rushed for him to be developed as a tertiary character to the point where we the fans care about him, and see him as relevant enough to contribute meaningfully, as far as the movie universe is concerned
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke that BLEW me away!Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
And how about the surprise cameo by the Red Skull
Post 12 IP   flag post
So am I wrong assuming that Steve Rogers was Nomad? He was in all black, hair longer, slicked back - all blacked out captain america star and armor.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So am I wrong assuming that Steve Rogers was Nomad? He was in all black, hair longer, slicked back - all blacked out captain america star and armor.

I haven't seen the movie, but Steve Rogers became the first Nomad in Captain America #180. One of my favorite Cap story lines!!!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I haven't seen the movie

What are you doing in here? HOW DARE YOU
Post 16 IP   flag post
Regardless of the costume, doesn’t he have to be acknowledged as “Nomad” in some form for him to be considered Nomad? I mean we could argue that Sue Storm was in the movie by that logic, she was in her Invisible Costume. But all joking aside, I still consider him Cap. They said Hawkeye will look like Ronin in Avengers 4, but unless he’s acknowledged as Ronin, he’ll simply be Hawkeye with a Mohawk in my opinion.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Never heard of her.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
The pager signal was to Captain Marvel. The movie comes out before avengers 4 and I'm sure they'll explain that.

Anybody notice how it was all the original avengers and presumably Hawkeye that survived? I think tht has something to do with it. Doctor Strange saw the only way to win so he knew what he was doing when he gave Thanos the time stone. Cap and Stark will be reunited at the start of the next movie
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought that warlock could undo what thanos did?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

This.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

This.

Not in time for the Movie. while theoretically yes, but we have to 2 movies before Avengers 4, Antman and Wasp and Capt Marvel. Both predate Infinity War in terms of time line, Capt Marvel is in like the 90's and Antman is after civil war up to start of Infinity war or somewhere near there. Warlock in Antman is unrealistic. Warlock in Capt marvel cant happen as this is before his pod is revealed in the Guardians Easter Egg, that leaves Avengers 4 or a Capt Marvel easter egg as the only logical possibility. From a character/movie standpoint, for Warlock to go from "embryo in shell state" from the easter egg, to showing up suddenly and reversing what Thanos did would be so incredibly cheap, id lose my mind. I would feel robbed. it would be worst than Justice League where Steppenwolf kicks everyones ass, then superman shows up and easily beats him alone, thats poor writing and totally undercuts all the others. For that reason alone, Warlock cant and wont show up in avengers 4, at least not in the sense that he will have any impact whatsoever. We dont know anything about him from the movie standpoint, he has 0 development
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
The pager signal was to Captain Marvel. The movie comes out before avengers 4 and I'm sure they'll explain that.

Anybody notice how it was all the original avengers and presumably Hawkeye that survived? I think tht has something to do with it. Doctor Strange saw the only way to win so he knew what he was doing when he gave Thanos the time stone. Cap and Stark will be reunited at the start of the next movie

Yeah it has to do with Dr Strange's plan, and I also think that Stormbreaker can play a role as the Gauntlet couldnt stop it, even with all the infinity Stones, and the fact that the gauntlet was damaged after he snapped his fingers has to mean something.

Pure speculation on my part, but as of now I think Thanos might reverse events himself as he looked somewhat dejected at the end and maybe him realizing that he killed Gamora and the end goal isn't as satisfying as he wanted. In a sense that would be a little cheap too.

Outside of that, an alternate time line seems more plausible. Dr Strange eithers knows that you cant use the time stone without any repercussions, they mentioned that in his solo movie, so maybe, MAYBE an alternate time was or will be created, and some of the dead will come from THAT timeline, then the band will be back together, and they can fight. I dont know, like i said, they have a herculean task of addressing how some of the characters will be brought back from the dead.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe those other characters are stuck in the SOUL universe.

The original rag tags who aren't the main Avengers are gone.

We didn't see WHAT HAPPEN TO NEBULA. Will she seek retribution for Gamora?
In the books she steals it.

What happened to Valkeryie?
Rocket doesn't even know all his buddies are gone. By the way, I took Groot as an elective.
Did you seen Alien by the way?

Captain Marvel is based in the 90s. I believe she is in a Quantum Realm. The pager was sweet. So 90s.
I have heard that after this movie, Captain Marvel, it's going to cause you go back and watch the others again. Hawkeye is a SKRULL IMO..

What is the EASTER EGG that no one has found in Guardians of the Galaxy? Rumors of it being the DNA symbol.

Conversation I had with my friend a month ago
"Did you see Captain America?" He replies, "Yes.."
"Do you remember when Red Skull got beemed up to space?" "Yeah.."
"Well where is he now??" "Oh yeah.."
"I think he's going to come out in the Infinity War.." "I forgot about that.." Glad this conversation didn't make me look like a fool.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I believe those other characters are stuck in the SOUL universe.

The original rag tags who aren't the main Avengers are gone.

We didn't see WHAT HAPPEN TO NEBULA. Will she seek retribution for Gamora?
In the books she steals it.

What happened to Valkeryie?
Rocket doesn't even know all his buddies are gone. By the way, I took Groot as an elective.
Did you seen Alien by the way?

Captain Marvel is based in the 90s. I believe she is in a Quantum Realm. The pager was sweet. So 90s.
I have heard that after this movie, Captain Marvel, it's going to cause you go back and watch the others again. Hawkeye is a SKRULL IMO..

What is the EASTER EGG that no one has found in Guardians of the Galaxy? Rumors of it being the DNA symbol.

Conversation I had with my friend a month ago
"Did you see Captain America?" He replies, "Yes.."
"Do you remember when Red Skull got beemed up to space?" "Yeah.."
"Well where is he now??" "Oh yeah.."
"I think he's going to come out in the Infinity War.." "I forgot about that.." Glad this conversation didn't make me look like a fool.

Not all are gone, Black Panther, Star Lord, Spiderman, and Dr Strange are coming back, Nebula is on titan with tony stark and a destroyed Iron Man suit. With regards to that, either Nebula/Stark build something and fly back or get picked up. As for Capt Marvel actually coming to earth, only 2 possibilities imo, she is welcomed by Thor or Coulson. Thor obvious becasue he knows of the Kree, etc etc. Good chance Danvers knows of Thor, she'll definitely know about Asgard. Another option which im kind of hoping for, Agent Coulson. He's alive we know that, and they dont have to crossover the tv series, but he has been in the Avengers movies and he also knows about the Kree due to his character on Agents of Shield, mith Nick Fury and Agent Hill gone, maybe Coulson comes back temporarily until fury comes back (assuming he does) or may he takes over moving forward if Hill doesnt come back.

Antman and Wasp are in Quantum Realm, Capt Marvel is in space somewhere
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I really wanted to see THOR AND ROCKET meet up and having a conversation as they knew each other all along and everyone else wondering "WTF..."
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
How was it that Iron Man (Tony) was dying coughing up on his own blood after fighting Thanos when he stabbed him with his own blade weapon, then he lived? Sure Strange offered Thanos the gem to spare Tony's life, but Thanos didn't heal Tony. Then a few scenes later Tony's fine (not hacking up blood looking like hes bout to go into shock and die) but able to heal or close off the wound (freeze?). Thats kinda lame IMO.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Remember the scene on Titan where Thanos is battling Dr. Strange and he questions why Dr. Strange hadn't used his best weapon (the Time Stone). Well.....maybe he did, unnoticed to everyone else and this is the key to the one way Dr. Strange saw to defeat Thanos, otherwise, why would he have so easily surrendered it to Thanos??? And then after Thanos leaves, Dr. Strange tells Tony it's the "endgame" now. Something to this or a red herring? Thoughts!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
At the end of the movie, Strange let Tony know the truth right before he "poofed" into anti-matter that there was no way to defeat Thanos. (He lied to Tony to give false hope before the battle on Titan.?.)

I think he surrendered his gem to Thanos because he knew it wouldn't matter one way or another. He probably didn't use it because he was hoping that Thanos wouldn't know where he had it hidden.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I think whatever it is Dr. Strange did, somehow ties in with the Nick Fury scene and the upcoming Capt. Marvel movie and maybe even the Ant-Man movie. I don't think Dr. Strange necessarily lied; he found a way and had a plan that eventually snatches victory from the jaws of defeat, otherwise there's no point to the next movie.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598065 162 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?