Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Help me Identify a Specific Hulk Comic6182

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I need your help.
I'm looking for the issue or series of a Hulk comic I had when I was a kid.

The story had Hulk jumping through portals in space or something like that, and he ended up on a planet where there were these parasite creatures that looked like a skeleton worm or a spine looking creature with long teeth that would dig into the host neck right below the skull. They talked by telepathic communication to the host and every living creature had one if they were on that planet. Hulk got one on him and they actually became friends, but the parasite died by saving the Hulk towards the end of the comic and Hulk was sad and called him his friend. Then had to go back into the portal, sad and lonely.

Anyone remember this issue? Was it Marvel Tales? Incredible Hulk?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Hey guys, I need your help.
I'm looking for the issue or series of a Hulk comic I had when I was a kid.

The story had Hulk jumping through portals in space or something like that, and he ended up on a planet where there were these parasite creatures that looked like a skeleton worm or a spine looking creature with long teeth that would dig into the host neck right below the skull. They talked by telepathic communication to the host and every living creature had one if they were on that planet. Hulk got one on him and they actually became friends, but the parasite died by saving the Hulk towards the end of the comic and Hulk was sad and called him his friend. Then had to go back into the portal, sad and lonely.

Anyone remember this issue? Was it Marvel Tales? Incredible Hulk?

I'm not sure because the period I'm thinking about wasn't my favorite run in the series. It sounds like a Tales to Astonish story. I don't remember the specific story you are talking about, but the "ended up on a planet" part sounds like maybe a Tales to Astonish issue in the #70-80 range. Those stories would have been reprinted in the Marvel Super-heroes series in the 70's. I'm pretty sure it's not Marvel Tales.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you for your help. I really don't have a clue what series, I just threw Marvel Tales out there as example. I will check through those Tales to Astonish issues you just mentioned. I appreciate it.

EDIT: actually, after looking at the Tales to Astonish covers, the Hulk looks more vintage in those then in the comic I remember. He was more of the 1980's drawn style Hulk. Also, I don't think it was a share book (as in different stories or characters).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like you are referring to the "Puffball Collective". They appeared in Hulk issues #301-#308.

Marvel wiki page on Puffball Collective
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I wish that was it Jesse_O but its not the alien form. Here is a rough fast sketch of how it looked on the Hulks back.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Thank you for your help. I really don't have a clue what series, I just threw Marvel Tales out there as example. I will check through those Tales to Astonish issues you just mentioned. I appreciate it.

EDIT: actually, after looking at the Tales to Astonish covers, the Hulk looks more vintage in those then in the comic I remember. He was more of the 1980's drawn style Hulk. Also, I don't think it was a share book (as in different stories or characters).

I thumbed through some of the reprint covers on Marvel Super-Heroes, and I remembered a little about what was going on. None of them fit your story descriptions. Probably much later.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Incredible Hulk Annual #13. It is part os the "Crossroads" storyline played out in Hulk 301-313 and Alpha Flight 28-29. There is a TPB that covers the entire story, And Thanks for asking this. I've only known about the Crossroads from Dr Strange comics. Now I may have to get the TPB!!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O HOLY SMOKES ! THANK YOU ! You found it ! Awesome !
Post 8 IP   flag post
No problem!!! And actually, the "Crossroads" seem to only appear in those issues. But if you look through the books, the planets and "space" artwork could come straight out of a Dr. Strange comic!! I'm intrigued by it!!!

Post 9 IP   flag post
Yeah I remember it was a strange portal world leading to other adventures/worlds. It was endless possibilities.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597868 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?