Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Proper Comic Classification Help!6156

Collector Sornom private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted a copy of The Sensational Spider-Man 0 Newsstand Edition to CGC and I am having issues. This comic has three versions: a purple webbing lenticular cover, a limited edition red webbing lenticular cover with a 3,000 print run, and the newsstand edition (which differs from the others because it does not have a lenticular cover)

CGC graded the comic but assigned the wrong label identifying it as the "purple webbing" lenticular cover. After I contacted them they told me to send the book back to correct the label error. However now I see that they are changing it to a Qualified label and treating the book as if it was printed without the lenticular cover due to a manufacturing defect!

The newsstand version isn't pricey but it's a real HTF because it was purposely manufactured without the lenticular cover. I contacted them but I still haven't heard back.

Does anyone know how CBCS identifies this comic? I know CBCS already delineates between direct and newsstand editions, I would hope they wouldn't treat it as a defect. At this point I'm considering sending it to CBCS. Any guidance would be appreciated. I've attached a photo. Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
My advice is send it to CBCS. CGC sucks.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know much about this book but if it the newsstand edition didn't have the lenticular, then CGC or CBCS should not mark it down (or qualify label it)

CBCS is definitely better at distinguishing between newsstand and direct so I'm confident you would get the correct label from CBCS (although considering its already paid for at CGC, I would make them fix it...there is no reason it should have a qualified label)
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
I love this cover I can't believe I've never seen it before
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
I love this cover I can't believe I've never seen it before

Don't feel bad, it seems CGC hadn't either... The back of the book is nice too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
I don't know much about this book but if it the newsstand edition didn't have the lenticular, then CGC or CBCS should not mark it down (or qualify label it)

CBCS is definitely better at distinguishing between newsstand and direct so I'm confident you would get the correct label from CBCS (although considering its already paid for at CGC, I would make them fix it...there is no reason it should have a qualified label)

Yeah hindsight is 20/20. I just didn't think it was going to be an issue. Waiting to see how it turns out. Just for a minute it made me question myself because I always knew that the newsstand editions looked like this.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sornom lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

Post 10 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Why the ? I was showing him the differences in the two comics and the one he has is limited to 3000 copies.
Post 11 IP   flag post
597904 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?