Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Witching Hour - Complete Set - on eBay6151

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow collectors,

I have just put up my entire complete set of DC Comics, Witching Hour.
#1-85. Thought I would let you all know in case your interested.

Oh yeah, Free Shipping and auctions starts at .99 with no reserve!

http://r.ebay.com/hN8Yhc

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Why
Post 2 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I don't know really. One small reason is I'm running out of room. (If you can really call that a reason, ha-ha.) Maybe I'm just crazy? Plus, the wife is tried of having to walk-around my piles of comic book boxes in the floor (when I dont have them put away on the shelves.)

EDIT: I know why I'm crazy - the wife!
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth I feel ya brother. I want to hold my books until I retire in about 10 years, but the need for room is dire, lol. Not because I am buying tons of books, but because I an in the process of slowly grading my collection so I can get max profit when I do sell it.
Problem, is slabs take up a ton more room, and with well over 1000 slabs, I am stashing them wherever I can. I have about another 1500 I want to slab, but thinking I better sell some off now to make room for others as they come back. Plus I am losing intrest in comics in general. Good luck with your sales.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I think we are all going through the same "room" stages (or have had that problem in the past) or it will eventually come to the newer collectors.
Good luck with getting your collections slabbed and thanks for the good luck charm!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Those are pretty cool books I might bid on them. Get a 10x10 storage unit if nothing else! Don't piss they wifey off
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Haha, I know right. Its hard to keep the wife happy tho, as I'm sure most of you know this.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@kaptainmyke Haha, I know right. Its hard to keep the wife happy tho, as I'm sure most of you know this.
Oh, I know this too well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Haha. You can tell by my eBay username, my wife and I share this account.
It was once a proud name of comic_collector_78, now... Mickeymouse_74
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

She has a hard time keeping ME happy. But she is doing a decent job so far. She will be off probation in 4 years and 10 months. That will be our 50th wedding anniversary.

I hope she makes it through the probationary period. I'm too old to train another.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Wow almost 50 years ! Congrats man! If ever the end of the world starts, I want you by my side... Your one tuff guy, probably hard to kill!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
We are going on 23 years. Still collecting but she is not a fan of it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
What a cool set. Lots of fun, if a tad corny, reading here.

By the way...space concerns can be addressed by storage, and most storage outside of metro areas is pretty cheap. It's worth it to get the books out from under you, but still be able to enjoy them.

And, it can be a tax write off for many (storage.)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
And, it can be a tax write off for many (storage.)

Oh? I did not know that!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@GanaSoth I feel ya brother. I want to hold my books until I retire in about 10 years, but the need for room is dire, lol. Not because I am buying tons of books, but because I an in the process of slowly grading my collection so I can get max profit when I do sell it.
Problem, is slabs take up a ton more room, and with well over 1000 slabs, I am stashing them wherever I can. I have about another 1500 I want to slab, but thinking I better sell some off now to make room for others as they come back. Plus I am losing intrest in comics in general. Good luck with your sales.

You turn money into comics, and then comics into money, you can’t lose!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

You turn money into comics, and then comics into money, you can’t lose!
well that's the hope. Will see if it happens fingers crossed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Just added a comic to the selling list.

For those that missed this comic, or just want another copy:
The Batman Who Laughs #1 First Print
.99 cents no reserve Free Shipping!

eBay Link

Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow looks like you're gonna get a few bucks selling this lot for sure
Post 18 IP   flag post
Yeah. Not too bad.
But honestly, I just try to give other collectors good deals. Thats why I start at .99 cents no reserve, with free shipping. I run out of room pretty fast. My wife and I just bought a new House; closing on it 23rd this month (forgot its now May). We have outgrown this place we rent currently.

And as you have seen in many post on here; I'm always buying hot new comics.
So I sale things pretty cheap. I'm not greedy just crazy.
Post 19 IP   flag post
starting at 99 cents let's the market decide what it's worth
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
wow looks like you're gonna get a few bucks selling this lot for sure

I think it will close at a figure that works put to around $5-$9, per book.

If they were my books, I'd be pretty miffed if they closed out at $5.50 per book.

Didn't look at the pics too closely but assuming the later issues are around VF, they are decent $5 convention stock books.

Earlier issues would go in my $10's, maybe some in my $5's...#1 is good for anywhere from $50-$125-ish, in raw VG/FN to VF.

Basically, the #1 is a sacrificial lamb...along with a few other early books...especially if they are f/vf-vf...Some sweet Wrightston, Toth and Adams covers populate the first 20 issues.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yeah, there is still 2 days & 16 hours left.
Yes, there are some cool covers, some silly.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yeah, there is still 2 days & 16 hours left.
Yes, there are some cool covers, some silly.

Just checked out the pics on my desktop, only brefly looked at them on my cell earlier.

#1-6 look around FN+ to VF , gong off/from the front covers....with the #1 and #2 the sharpest of the first 10.

The #1 could be ncer than an 8.0.

assumed the #1 would be around a VG/FN.

Gana, f I were yo, 'd add an "estmated grade" on the #1....f t really s an 8.0( or even better), puttng up FC/BC scans of #1 on here , would boost your biddng activity.

In any event,given that the earlier books are actually sharper than had thought...and t looks lke most of the 85 books are likely around 7.0-8.0 and only a handful are in mid grade........

I can see this lot closing out with upwards of a $10 per book median figure.

You probably have around $2000 worth of books here, if you broke them down individually and priced them out at Overstreet.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Here is a couple of issues scanned, for better viewing.

Post 24 IP   flag post
I'd post up the back cover scans, to those 3 books, to let your (potential)bidders know what's up....increased bidder confidence goes a long way in auctions.

Judging from FC scans of those 3, (which is not accurate)...

Guesstimate grades in respective order are 9.0-9.2, 9.0-9.2 and 9.4-9.8.
Post 25 IP   flag post
OK. Here are front and rear scans of Issues #1, #13, and #38 respectively.
Sure they could be Dry Cleaned and maybe even a few pressed to help get higher grades.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Nice VF'S.👍
Post 27 IP   flag post
Refresher: Ends in 1 hour. Get'em it if you want'em. Price is at a steal.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Refresher: Ends in 1 hour. Get'em it if you want'em. Price is at a steal.

Yeah, someone got a good deal.

Tbh, I figured the closing price would work out to about five bucks a book but I wasn't going to say that and queer your auction.

I was pulling for ya, guy.😉
Post 29 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids Haha. Thanks. I'm glad someone will enjoy them. I have all the digital editions to read if I wanna read them at anytime. BUT nothing beats the smell of an old comic book.... Nothing.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600438 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?