Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestions

Liefeld pop-up witnesses?6148

Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
So, Rob Liefeld is doing a pop-up event in NYC on May 15. Is CBCS going to be there to witness autographs? I've got a few Liefeld keys I'd like to get graded.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Zarbongo love your icon...beautiful stories for ugly children is awesome...i will have to reread the onrs i have
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo
So, Rob Liefeld is doing a pop-up event in NYC on May 15. Is CBCS going to be there to witness autographs? I've got a few Liefeld keys I'd like to get graded.

how much is he charging?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I will be in NYC for a H Jon Benjamin signing on May 15.

When and where is Liefeld signing?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Answered my own question:

Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld is launching his own pop-up shop in Midtown New York City ahead of the release of 20th Century Fox's Deadpool 2. Going under his company name 'Liefeld Creations,' the shop will be open May 15 from 2:00 to 7:00 pm. EST.

“I am so excited to be able to bring the first ever Liefeld Creations Pop Upto New York City!" said Liefeld. "There is no city in the world that’s better suited to host an event like this than the city that never sleeps! I can’t wait for fans to be able to come and meet me and get exclusives never offered anywhere under one roof before! See you all May 15th!”

Liefeld will be on-hand, meeting fans and selling comic books, original art, collectibles, and over 40 exclusives that he has amassed in his career.

The location of the event is being kept under wraps, to be announced May 13 - two days before the pop-up shop event.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo

how much is he charging?

one arm and one leg
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen him charge as much as $120 for NM 87 and 98. He's starting to charge more for X-Force 11, too. Anything outside of those books is still a chunk of change! Who knows, though...

I'd assume he'll have someone on hand to facilitate.

I do know he's doing a signing event in June (Vegas), so that's something to think about. If you need info on that, just reach out to me and I can point you in the right direction. No, it's not through me, I'll just link you to the FB Group - good guy who runs it.

ALSO, Rob will be at Frank and Sons in the LA area (City of Industry) on May 19th. CBCS will be there to facilitate signatures and grading.

https://www.frankandsonshow.net/special-events/
Post 7 IP   flag post
X-Force 11 cost me $60 or $80 each (I forget which) at Boston last year. I also paid $40 for the $1 True Believers reprint of NM 87.

Every time a movie comes out Rob raises his fees (for Deadpool or Cable books).
Post 8 IP   flag post
@drchaos And thus why I have no books signed by him. My 98 and 87 are in process here, press / grading, while several other books are being graded with sigs. Waiting for the results!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought four copies of X-Force 11 recently and will get all four double signed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos do you witness signings for CBCS?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I found out from CBCS recently that I have been approved as a facilitator. In the past I have only witnessed my own books aside from the occasion where I witnessed for someone else at a show who was on line with me for the same artist.

I think I might be able to get Liefeld around 2pm and still make it in time for H Jon Benjamin.
Post 12 IP   flag post
There is a VIP package on his website that gets you some freebies, front of the line privileges and a credit on autograph prices. 100 for the regular and 130 for the "extreme" VIP package. The $40 off of the autograph price for NM 98 might actually make it worth it.

@drchaos i'll DM you as we get closer to the signing and maybe we can connect.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@drchaos Congratulations on the facilitator status! I'm still relatively new to the AW side of things (almost a year now), so I have a road to travel before I'll hit that side of things. No rush! I'm also not getting a HUGE amount done.
Post 14 IP   flag post
598060 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?