Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignatures

Lady Death La Muerta #1 kickstarter6146

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
If you are intetested....Pulido seems to be involved

https://mailchi.mp/ladydeathstore/only-2-weeks-until-the-la-muerta-1-retribution-kickstarter-launches-1134789?e=3386c5b04c
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
All he does is launch kickstarters for new Lady Death issues. He's done slightly more than a few.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I've never really....understood....this use of Kickstarter by established creators to publish established characters that have an audience. I thought kickstarter was supposed to be for newbies that needed some help getting a book published.

Is there something wrong with the old fashioned business approach where established creators 1) Create a comic title 2) Publish it regularly 3) use the money from sales of previous issues to publish future issues?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I thought kickstarter was supposed to be for newbies that needed some help getting a book published.

My thoughts exactly!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Lady Death is awesome! I’ve taken part in a couple Kickstarter campaigns and have gotten a bunch of really cool books. I passed on the most recent one as I thought it has become too frequent. However, is this the only way a publisher can compete with the big dogs in today’s market? The books that Pulido puts out are fantastic! Artwork is great and story is fun. I don’t mind how any artist chooses to get quality books to the fans, however I do agree that the constant Kickstarter thing is a little wierd.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I've never really....understood....this use of Kickstarter by established creators to publish established characters that have an audience. I thought kickstarter was supposed to be for newbies that needed some help getting a book published.

Is there something wrong with the old fashioned business approach where established creators 1) Create a comic title 2) Publish it regularly 3) use the money from sales of previous issues to publish future issues?

Agreed, but....

Step 3 was probably foregone, in Pulido's case, in favor of buying drugs.

How else can you explain the lack of capital?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:

Agreed, but....

Step 3 was probably foregone, in Pulido's case, in favor of buying drugs.

How else can you explain the lack of capital?

Same way Stan is going broke
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

Same way Stan is going broke

No more "with a happy ending" for Stan.

Anyhow, I lost interest in Lady Death ever since Evil Ernie and her are not together. Plus, it maybe me, but no one seems to do Lady Death right 'cept for Steven Hughes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
597994 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?