Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Ninjak vs The Valiant Universe Series6133

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The new series from the Schoenke brothers (Super Power Beat Down) debuted this weekend via comicbook.com. Did anyone get a chance to see it yet? There are 2 episodes out now with the 3rd releasing today. It's going to be daily until the finale on the 27th

Episode 1

Episode 2

Once you check it out, here are my full thoughts and rating on it:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Vere bad acting, lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Vere bad acting, lol

lol yeah it was a weak point, especially Roku.
I dinged it on some of the CGI too
Post 3 IP   flag post
Episode 3:

Episode 4:
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I've been excited to see this series for over a year. It's a lot of fun seeing these characters come to life. The acting is very cheesy in spots, for sure. JDF did a nice job as Bloodshot though, but whoa nelly, the actress playing Roku was super cringey. Eternal Warrior's costume looked a little flimsy (cos-playerish) in the first episode. I was wondering when Shadowman was going to show up, and I loved his intro in today's episode. Not sure why Quantum and Woody wasn't included in this series. I guess they weren't in the source material for this story?

I also really like the score. The music for the intro and end credits is really cool, written and composed by Aaron Schoenke's father Sean Schoenke. I just wanted to say that they are a father and son duo, not brothers.

Looking forward to seeing the final two episodes!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
If any of you guys are interested in raw 9.8 candidates of Bloodshot #6 (1st Ninkak app) I have 5 of them available for sale at $20 each + $8 shipping (double bagged/double boarded in myliye2's/full backs via boxed priority)

Take all 5 and shipping (within the US) is on me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
When I saw the trailer my first thought was that it looked like 1990’s UPN.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It got worse episode by episode. The more the characters talked, the worse it got. Why is it that short films find such a need to drag out the credits? Thankfully, I could skip ahead. XO's outfit sure looked like cheap spandex to me. Not really getting the vibe of a chunky Eternal Warrior wearing such an idiotic outfit to do battle. Ninjak is so great that he can hold his own against the other characters, but gets defeated in the first few minutes by Roku(?). Ninjak escapes while the other two are talking and Bloodshot never says or does anything? I think the writing is horrible. I was hoping to get some throwback feel to he comics I liked in the early 90's. Oh well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510

Same.I watched all of 10 seconds before I X'd that slop out.

AFAIK, Ninja will be included in the big budget Valiant live action filmms...presumably, anyway.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510

Same.I watched all of 10 seconds before I X'd that slop out.

AFAIK, Ninja will be included in the big budget Valiant live action filmms...presumably, anyway.

If they ever get made. I got rid of all my Valiant books when the first wave of nuttiness hit.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600439 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?