Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Spider-Man Merging with Venom again ???6128

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hey comic collectors. I just wanted to get your inputs on the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #800.
I just pre-ordered a (hate to say it) CGC 9.8 graded copy from Frankie's Comics. (It was sold out at The Comic Mint.) Luck me I was able to get a copy ordered before Frankie's Comics sold out too/

The cover shows Spider-Man merging with Venom! I know that most covers now-a-days are all "Venomized Variant Covers" etc, but the way Spider-man is getting his butt handed to him by the Red Goblin, what else can he use?

There is also rumors of a death of a major character in this issue.
What are your thoughts? Here is a picture of the comic I pre-ordered below.

Here is my receipt of my lucky timing purchase:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Also, it's alleged that Peter will stay in the black costume forever now. If he ever dons the red/blue costume again his entire circle of friends and family will be dead. Does anybody actually read their comics anymore? It's like, we just collect them and horde them for the cover art only. I speak for myself, too, so this isn't just a comment directed at anyone in particular. It amazes me how many people I watched chase the red goblin storyline with vast multiple copies of each variant and each issue - yet no one has any idea what is actually going on with Carnage, Venom, Brock, Norman, Normie, and Peter.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I read the digital versions only. Last issue I read was Thanos #18. (Great series!)
Last Issue I have read in Amazing Spider-Man is 798. I still haven't gotten 799 read yet.
But, yeah, I only invest in certain issues for collecting, but read whatever in digital.
Post 3 IP   flag post
EDIT: Removed by OP.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That site asks me to download something called "playster".
Post 5 IP   flag post
EDIT: Removed by OP.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke A good CBR reader is CDisplayEX (I use.)
http://www.cdisplayex.com/

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth I'm not sure if putting links to a site that is offering essentially free digital CBR files is a good thing to do on this site.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE Oh I will remove them then. I dont want any issues.
Sorry guys, if you want the links, PM me, and I will give links off-site.
(Not through this CBCS site, but through personal email).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@kaptainmyke A good CBR reader is CDisplayEX (I use.)
http://www.cdisplayex.com/

I'll download it as I use CDisplay version 1.8.1.0
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yes. Also, it's alleged that Peter will stay in the black costume forever now. If he ever dons the red/blue costume again his entire circle of friends and family will be dead. Does anybody actually read their comics anymore? It's like, we just collect them and horde them for the cover art only. I speak for myself, too, so this isn't just a comment directed at anyone in particular. It amazes me how many people I watched chase the red goblin storyline with vast multiple copies of each variant and each issue - yet no one has any idea what is actually going on with Carnage, Venom, Brock, Norman, Normie, and Peter.

I read them,but most times I'll wait until the story arc is over to read them. Otherwise I forget what's going on issue to issue. I can't normally read multiple arcs and follow it over several months.

I miss the days where stories could be told in 22 pages and for $1.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Also, this crap about spider never wearing the red and blue again will last as long as most characters stay dead these days. But is rumor that he is merging with venom, or just dawning a black costume?

My guess is the latter.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I had assumed he was just wearing the black costume ( not symbiote).. That's why I'm 50/50 on the Lee cover.

If Pete is only wearing the standard black cover, the lee cover is more of a throw back venomized cover.

If Pete does wear the symbiote in 800, then that cover is great.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I am really looking forward to what is going to happen. Oh and don’t fall into the trap that things changes in #800. Do make sure you get 801 as well
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I am really looking forward to what is going to happen. Oh and don’t fall into the trap that things changes in #800. Do make sure you get 801 as well
agree.. Its been a fun read so far
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I'm liking the arc; but frankly, some of it is just plain irritating.

Carnage (Cletus Kassady) is my biggest pet peeve. They (Marvel) cannot seem to decide if they like him with robot legs (post tear-apart by Sentry) or healed human (Deadpool Vs. Carnage, Carnage 2016 run). The inconsistency in the character design is just lazy. The Darkhold-applied power set buff from the 2016 run (immune to sonics, limited vulnerability to fire) was also lazily continued, supposedly as a "benefit" of mixing klyntar biology w/ the goblin formula.

Hell, if that's true, wouldn't the poisons want to be mainlining crazy sauce? 'Cause for all the characters that have been Poison-d, we haven't seen any Goblins. Methinks Red Goblin is going to end up helping solve the Poison issue; but that's purely a WAG.

Also, the lineup of ASM: Red Goblin, Venom, and Venomized isn't coming together the way it was probably planned. Collectively, the story works (ish); but reading the books as released is jerking the story around from place to place. To read/enjoy, and have a clue what's going on, it would probably be more enjoyable to read in linear order via TPB.

I'm also on the fence about Eddie Brock getting stripped away from Venom (again). I agree that the Lee Price version of Venom had all the appeal of a raging school bus fire, but Eddie Brock is turning into the Marvel version of Charlie Brown; he will always have the symbiote-football snatched away, and its not entertaining anymore.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
was also lazily continued, supposedly as a "benefit" of mixing klyntar biology w/ the goblin formula.

Quote:
Methinks Red Goblin is going to end up helping solve the Poison issue; but that's purely a WAG.

Quote:
Venom, and Venomized isn't coming together

Quote:
he will always have the symbiote-football snatched away

Are you speaking in code and what is a WAG
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'm finding the red goblin asm books perfectly fine to read as a stand alone story and thoroughly enjoying it at that.

800 can't come soon enough
Post 18 IP   flag post
WAG = Wild A$$ Guess?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I'm a Venom/Carnage guy, so I actually read the issues.

Carnage got a massive buff during the 2016 Carnage series; he was made immune to sonics & no more vulnerable to fire than any other random character. This buff was carried-over to the current Red Goblin arc w/ a line of dialogue from Norman about "Symbiote + Goblin Formula = immune to sonics/fire." Now, if that's true, wouldn't the remaining symbiote-bonded characters (Venom, Scorn, Mercury Team/Hybrid, Mania) want to get their hands on Goblin Juice & start using the stuff to eliminate their weaknesses?

From the Venomverse/Venomized, & recent Venom+X-Men crossover books, there are two characters the Poisons haven't been able to handle: Carnage (Cletus Version) & Anti-Venom (Flash Version). Also missing from the Poison's stable of assimilated heroes/villains are goblins; so I'm guesstimating there's something funky about the goblin formula that prevents Poisons from absorbing the curly-haired residents of crazytown.

As to the "not coming together," the way the releases are staggered, the story isn't easy to follow. It would probably make more sense reading it laid out in order in a TPB.

The "Football" was my Charlie Brown analogy. Charlie Brown will always kick at the football, and Lucy will always snatch it away before he can connect. Eddie Brock will always jump on a chance to bond with the Venom symbiote and try to be a hero, and Marvel Editorial will always find a way to snatch it away before he gets the chance.

@Drogio You are correct sir.
Post 20 IP   flag post
What's the deal with the eyes sticking out in this costume?
Maybe it is the symbiote?

Post 21 IP   flag post
Good observations. I've always liked the anti-venom arch. I am still waiting on my antivenom ASM books to come back from grading.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe another Venom Spawn?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Typical comic book reader:

Reads Marvel comics

Has read Marvel comics for years

Gets a specific joy while reading his favourite characters

Gets upset with change to these characters because it steps outside of that specific joy

Will read looping stories that continue on forever chasing that specific joy
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@DJC_II Sounds about right! I call it chasing the dragon.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard lol you have a saying for this? that's pretty amazing

please explain
Post 26 IP   flag post
598034 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?