Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Realistically, what superhero power would...6100

Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
Realistically, what superhero power would you want if you could have ANY, one that ISN'T going to become an every day bane of your existence after the initial fun wears off?

I feel that its probably not all that it cracks up to be - this being a superhero lark!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Menoth79 private msg quote post Address this user
Connect me to the speed force.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Telekinesis or Magneto's power to control magnetism doesn't seem like something that would ever get old.

Teleporttation, flight, or at least the ability to lesp long distances (like the Hulk) would seem pretty convenient as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
i can see the advantages of being as quick as flash but i think you'd quickly feel very guilty for all the times something happened that you saw but didn't act on. A child falling over, an accident that could have easily been avoided with intervention. Its hard to find a superpower that would benefit yourself whilst not making you feel obligated to help others.

Maybe having a superpower would make you a better person and it wouldn't feel like an obligation....

I think telekinesis could (over time) end up with you being a very lazy, lethargic person who can't be arsed to lift a finger! Again, teleportation the same. Why walk to the shops etc when you can teleport. In a 'real world' situation, i think most superpowers are hampered in one way or another.

Would jumping like hulk or flying really be that great?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I would take Wolverine’s healing ability. Be nice to never get sick and age much more slowly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp the not getting sick id agree with, ageing slowly.. not so much. I think id rather pop my clogs rather than see all my loved ones die around me cos I'm ageing so much slower than they are.

Not getting sick is a very good call though!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
id like to fly. vacation anywhere!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Mr_adam_R by yourself? you can just go by plane now... really don't see flying as a great power to have if any possibility is on the table.
Post 8 IP   flag post
have you been in crowded airports, holy cow, its insane sometimes! and expensive sometimes. plus, being able to swing by my brothers house in vegas or on a beach in florida on my lunch break at work would be awesome. since I was a kid, ive always though it would be pretty cool to fly. @nikki666666, how about you, what super power would you want?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Mr_adam_R I honestly can't think of one that i would want that wouldn't have more of a downside in the long run..
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki666666
@Mr_adam_R by yourself? you can just go by plane now... really don't see flying as a great power to have if any possibility is on the table.

Next time you find yourself in bumper to bumper traffic or delayed at the airport you might want to rethink your answer.

Instead of going to the airport, going through security and waiting around you could just take off and go where you want, when you want.

It would be like having your own helicopter with free gas without the storage issues.

Also, you don't have to go by yourself, you could always carry someone.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think telekinesis could (over time) end up with you being a very lazy, lethargic person who can't be arsed to lift a finger! Again, teleportation the same. Why walk to the shops etc when you can teleport. In a 'real world' situation, i think most superpowers are hampered in one way or another.

Did Darth Vader seem lazy to you?

Quote:

Would jumping like hulk or flying really be that great?

Yes, it would be awesome.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Nikki: good point about not wanting to outlive your loved ones. Hadn’t considered that.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I would choose the ability to fly. The freedom of the skies and being capable of visiting any place on the planet at my convenience. Just strap on a GoPro and start my own YouTube vlogging channel. Also, it would be a real blast chasing after UFO's.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@drchaos - you get it man.
to just not hear other people standing in the gigantic security line, griping and whining about the gigantic line like it gets smaller the more they complain and throw a fit. and I bet those are the same folks in the 10 mile long traffic jam honking their horns like it speeds things up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@drchaos Ever see Vader run???
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos Ever see Vader run???

Picture on the right is Vader without his armor.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Flight or super speed. Either would be great.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I want Bruce Wayne's superpower: "I'm Rich".
Post 19 IP   flag post
@drchaos is his face part of that armour!! these pics are at least 140 years apart!!

I think in an everyday situation id become super lazy with the power to move myself around or move things to me without having to lift a finger or get out of bed! haha
Post 20 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke a magic infinite money pocket would be cool!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos is his face part of that armour!! these pics are at least 140 years apart!!

I think in an everyday situation id become super lazy with the power to move myself around or move things to me without having to lift a finger or get out of bed! haha

Picture on left is probably recent.

Picture on right is what he looked like in 1977 when the first movie came out.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
@kaptainmyke a magic infinite money pocket would be cool!!

Until you realize that you left it in your other pants.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I would choose the ability to fly. The freedom of the skies and being capable of visiting any place on the planet at my convenience. Just strap on a GoPro and start my own YouTube vlogging channel. Also, it would be a real blast chasing after UFO's.

Bingo.
Flight, all the way. Screw superhero-ing, I just want to enjoy the pleasure of flight without the anchor of a machine or device that limits the full experience.

Speed would be cool, but I see problems for the speedster when needing to interact with 'normal' people.
Having the mental endurance to be able to react at speeds described in comics and film must make dealing with everyday people seem like talking to the sloth in Zootopia while he's sleeping.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I want Bruce Wayne's superpower: "I'm Rich".

You beat me to it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Invisibility at will.

Which could make me more wealthy than Bruce Wayne. Among many other advantages.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Invisibility at will.

Which could make me more wealthy than Bruce Wayne. Among many other advantages.

I imagine you mean through the acquisition of info, or similar.
The drawback I see for invisibility is that 'you' can still be tracked by other means, assuming someone is looking for 'you'. A guard dog would detect 'you' as you waited for the room to clear out (for example).

I've always felt that SOME forms of invisibility (such as the illusion type) would still cast a shadow.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I could see where being Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man or the Elongated Man would have it's advantages with the girls if you know what I mean!
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Plot armor!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I could see where being Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man or the Elongated Man would have it's advantages with the girls if you know what I mean!

Telepathy would give you the same, if not better advantages with the ladies Plus, would give a ton more benefit in other scenarios as well.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601274 54 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?