COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Well it works, thanks 🍺

Not a bad shipping cost either, but on a cheap book certainly not worth it 😁

Yep - cost me $5 to ship the other way 🍺

Wow, Hong Kong really has its stuff together compared to China. That book I bought from you arrived very fast as well.

There is certainly a stigma you have to fight being listed in Hong Kong. I would have assumed it would be just like China and take a month to arrive, And if I didn’t know any better I would pass your listings right by because of that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well it works, thanks 🍺

Not a bad shipping cost either, but on a cheap book certainly not worth it 😁

Did you add the shipping cost into the asking price? That’s what I’d suggest.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@00slim
Not for international. I’m going to raise my numbers to offer free domestic (which covers shipping to the ebay international shipping center), so international buyers will still see ebay’s shipping charge to them
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wow, Hong Kong really has its stuff together compared to China. That book I bought from you arrived very fast as well.

There is certainly a stigma you have to fight being listed in Hong Kong. I would have assumed it would be just like China and take a month to arrive, And if I didn’t know any better I would pass your listings right by because of that.

Yep - the challenge I have is that there are a few sellers from Hong Kong who are selling fakes. So I previously been hit with a VERO suspension because I got mixed up with one of those seller. At late as last night one of my listings got called out to be a fake in another forum becuase one member previously had a bad experience with Hong Kong. So had to correct that and get the moderator to vouch for me. The only thing I can ask buyers to look at is my feedback
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I do the same. 👍🏼

Funny thing? Just last night, I discovered that the Global Shipping option had be turned off on ALL my listings.

I have no clue how that happened. Spent a fair amount of time correcting that. Who knows how long that option had been removed? Probably missed out on a few sales. Oh well, it’s fixed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I do the same. 👍🏼

Funny thing? Just last night, I discovered that the Global Shipping option had be turned off on ALL my listings.

I have no clue how that happened. Spent a fair amount of time correcting that. Who knows how long that option had been removed? Probably missed out on a few sales. Oh well, it’s fixed.

No, I'd say you lost out on zero sales.

The GSP raises shipping costs paid by buyers by about double the cost of usps international priority.

If a slab costs $80 a buyer to ship from the US to the UK via usps priority if the seller is not enrolled in the GSP...it will cost the buyer about $160, if the seller is opted into eBay GSP.

So, I'd argue that you lose sales by opting into the GSP.

The solution IMO is to ship low dollar items via usps 1st class air (comes with full delivery tracking), with an option for priority.

Ship higher tickets out via priority , require signature confirmation to the addressee.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
If a slab costs $80 a buyer to ship from the US to the UK via usps priority if the seller is not enrolled in the GSP...it will cost the buyer about $160, if the seller is opted into eBay GSP

Maybe I’m not understanding you correctly, but those numbers make no sense.

@Poka confirmed if he hits the BIN on one of my listings the GSP will only charge him $18 all the way to Hing Kong, and just today I shipped a slab to UK myself for $28
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
If a slab costs $80 a buyer to ship from the US to the UK via usps priority if the seller is not enrolled in the GSP...it will cost the buyer about $160, if the seller is opted into eBay GSP

@Poka confirmed if he hits the BIN on one of my listings the GSP will only charge him $18 all the way to Hing Kong, and just today I shipped a slab to UK myself for $28

I dunno about all of that, I can't ship a slab (boxed up at 2 pounds 6 ounces ) to the UK for $28 via usps international, let alone International priority...those numbers makes no sense to me.

You and Poke are offering reduced/nearly free (?) shipping via uses international priority to international buyers?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-is-a-RIP-OFF-double-shipping-charges/qaq-p/27572190
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I checked a raw not a slab. Also when you ship to Europe most countries will have import taxes, which might drive up prices.

Let me check one of your slabs
Post 34 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer slab is $24 to either Hong Kong or UK
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@shrewbeer slab is $24 to either Hong Kong or UK

Not bad, USPS charged me 28 at the counter today. Seems ebay is a better price. Idk how some folks think its a ripoff 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
You and Poke are offering reduced/nearly free (?) shipping via uses international priority to international buyers?

No I’m offering free shipping to the ebay’s GSP, buyer pays whatever ebay charges them from there (~$24 to UK or HK).
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

No I’m offering free shipping to the ebay’s GSP, buyer pays whatever ebay charges them from there (~$24 to UK or HK).

Gotcha.

Buyer still has to cover import/duty charges, though. Not sure if eBay has a secondary tax on that if the GSP is used, I think they may.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
I tried the free shipping thing last week. Had four sales in three days of slabs I’ve been trying to unload for the past six months. Could be coincidence. I’m also noticing way more watchers on my books.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha.

Buyer still has to cover import/duty charges, though. Not sure if eBay has a secondary tax on that if the GSP is used, I think they may.

GSP calculates import/duty charges. There are no additional charges (FYI - U.K. does not have import/duty taxes as long as declared as books)
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-is-a-RIP-OFF-double-shipping-charges/qaq-p/27572190

GSP is only for items located in US or U.K, so no I have not enrolled in GSP. Anyway - my shipping is cheaper than GSP 😎
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
sellers. please please please dont use ebay global shipping / international priority

While some books can be sent to me from USA to Australia for around $20 AUD the global shipping/ international priority shipping price is WAY up there at $50.55 per book

As i only really look for books up to $100 ( or $150 if i MUST have it ) the $50 is usually more than half the value of the book.

Hence my only really option for international purchases is for comic retailers who ship for $20 - $25 AUD and allow me to put 2-5 books in one order. Most of the shops like frankies, comicxposure etc ship to me for $25AUD. Ebay postage price from sellers USA is just nuts. Ive seen raw books with postage prices in excess of $80 !

In the reverse. Should i ever have a book valued at $200 AUD / $150 USD i want to sell, i will probably offer free shipping globally. I wont get full value, but better chance of a good auction for me. ( Just have to start the bidding at minimum cost of book plus shipping to USA )
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Wraith I will sell free shipping Australia once I have got my listings updated with a new shipping table later this week - just saying 😎

On the other hand shipping for Autralian sellers are also expensive. Believe it cost $40 for shipment of one slab from Australia to US with Australia post?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Yes shipping slabs not cheap.. Shipping raw in a comic mailer is around $25 AUD if I get it in the right type of envelope .. I THINK

Will keep an eye on your shop
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If you do choose to use gsp, make sure you have all the right information on the box size and weight so at least it will quote an accurate price to the buyers willing to go through gsp.

Sometimes I list free shipping, but forget to enter the shipping details because it doesn't matter to me as I'm flipping the bill...but it does matter to gsp.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, I been saying this - it's now that time of year to be selling collectibles and comics again. People are broke from January to March. Sales are picking up for everyone now that IRS tax refunds are getting rolled out and people are planning for spring/summer....

It has nothing to do with free shipping.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Guys, I been saying this - it's now that time of year to be selling collectibles and comics again. People are broke from January to March. Sales are picking up for everyone now that IRS tax refunds are getting rolled out and people are planning for spring/summer....

It has nothing to do with free shipping.

Mike is right, screw free shipping.

The problem with free shipping is that it is not free. Not free for the seller means the buck will be passed on to the buyer, in turn the BIN price of all of a seller's books is raised by $5 to $15, depending on weight and value.

Hell, even on cheap books, free shipping makes no sense.

If I sell a raw worth $20, I can't eat $5 to ship the book...even buying bulk cardboard mailers at .50 cents each, it costs me $1.30 in shipping supplies (with 2 cardboard inserts) per single Gemini mailer of comic (s).Bubble wrap and shipping tape adds up quickly.

As does the cost/weight of using 2 full bavks, a mylite2 and double bagged in a m2/fullback silver/gold combo.

What I do is offer flat rates for US buyers, which is typically at my cost.

And a incentive to buy 2 comics/lots, to get capped priotity shipping at a total of $5 on as many books as you want.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Super-Heroes-18-1st-App-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-GOTG-SILVER-AGE-KEY/202295095835?hash=item2f19ba321b:g:McMAAOSwC2xa1UPb

I have 4 or 5 GOTG keys listed now.

If I increased the price on each by $5, the odds of someone buying more than 1 of them is reduced.

For international buyers I charge by weight, and automatically subtract 16 ounces for each additional item.
Post 47 IP   flag post
601319 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?