Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Tips to keep your Comic safe during signings6056

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
The way I get signatures, I do the following:

1) Get a "Modern Age or Current" bag and board, put your comic inside, get blue painters tape and make a square or rectangle where you would like the comic signed.

2) Next, take the comic out carefully and get an exact-o blade or a sharp razor blade and cut out the inside of the square or rectangle you just made with the blue painters tape.
*(You might have to replace the backing-board after the cutting, so be aware.)

3) Get a "Silver Age" bag and board, and put the "Modern Age or Current" bag and board, you just cut the shape out of, and place it inside the "Silver Age" bag and board. Again, trace out the same area of the square or rectangle you made earlier, and cut it out carefully.
*(Again, you might have to replace the backing-board after the cutting, so be aware.)

4) Then place your comic back in the "Modern Age / Current" bag and board, (do not use tape, just tuck the flap over) and then place the "Modern Age/Current" bag inside the "Silver Age" bag and board. Again, do not tape, just tuck it over.

5) Finally, use either a "Golden Age" or a "Magazine" size bag and backing-board to place your double protected comic book into and then use tape to seal the final bag and board.
*(To make it obvious, you might want to get a huge white or brightly colored blank sticker and place it on the outside cover of the "Golden Age or Magazine" bag, instructing them to "Please Remove this bag only to get to "Premade Signature Window - Thank You"

This is probably the safest way to get a comic book signed that I can think of.

Please share your tips and tricks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/submit/windowprep.htm
Post 2 IP   flag post
kaptainmyke
Nice site ! Thanks for the tips !
Post 3 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke WOW man, your comic book pressing of that Vault of Horror #23 is AMAZING !
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I used KaotainMykes tips last year. This year with one book I'm going full crazy and cutting a hole in a backboard. The book will have boards on both sides and just have the joel to sign on showing
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried that before but often times creators will want to see what they are signing lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen these for sale to help address this need

https://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=4365

Post 7 IP   flag post
I haven't used those before or seen them in person
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/submit/windowprep.htm

Very nice site!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I did my first window prep for a Stan Lee signing last week. When I Googled how to do it, coincidentally, @kaptainmyke’s site popped up.

Though Mylite 2’s scare me, I followed his suggested protocol. Anxious to see the final results.
Post 10 IP   flag post
i thought everybody here knew about my site lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I remembered you had a section on window prepping. It was just convenient that it popped up high on the list from Google.
Post 12 IP   flag post
nice. take that google seo!
Post 13 IP   flag post
597980 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?