Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Amazing Spider-Man #39 Price?6033

Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spiderman-39-CGC-8-0-WHITE-pgs-KEY-Osbourne-as-Goblin-1st-ROMITA-/332587396383?hash=item4d6fc0ed1f%3Ag%3AfOgAAOSwUwhaqv~3&nma=true&si=yuJLd4Gyvy19NQA1a%252FXXKJCiBfc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Good share @gman, thanks. Nostomania has just harvested all halroark past eBay sales, including the ASM 39 above, and added this seller to the harvest list. It took under 10 minutes for us to obtain and validate all sales, both slabbed and unslabbed. They will appear on the production site next update and will influence future pricing computations.

Normally I would leave a seller like this off the harvest list for reasons like the following. While I realize these are minor issues, they are telling as to a seller's overall credibility.

- Frequent typos in listings, e.g.:
"Tale of Suspense" and "spiderman" (no effort to hyphenate)
This always feels sloppy to me, but it's common, and our code is smart enough to do the correct mappings.

- Unnecessary subtext and subject line verbage, e.g.:
The Amazing Spider-Man # 107 v.1 CGC 9.0 OWWHITE pgs Bondage Cover
Really? Spidey tied up warrants tagging as a Bondage Cover? Come on.
and the v.1 adds nothing here

But minor gripes, a CGC sale is a CGC sale, we'll take it.
And I spot checked their unslabbed sales (like this one) enough to decide they are worth grabbing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spiderman-39-CGC-8-0-WHITE-pgs-KEY-Osbourne-as-Goblin-1st-ROMITA-/332587396383?hash=item4d6fc0ed1f%3Ag%3AfOgAAOSwUwhaqv~3&nma=true&si=yuJLd4Gyvy19NQA1a%252FXXKJCiBfc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh what the heck, I pushed all the new data to production. There's the @gman sale on the site, and huh,
look at that, happens to land right on the complete CRAP Nosto computed CGC 8.0 value. To be fair to @VCBE Nosto pricing does have some serious issues, but they are being addressed, and this year we will be recomputing all pricing data from the beginning of NostoTime. But on a book like this were there are sales? We will be rock solid.

Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I paid $300 for this raw Jazzy John Romita signed copy. Even though it's personalized, I don't mind. It's an absolutely beautiful copy and the cover isn't mucked up by a signature.

Post 28 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’ the one I bought from @gman this past Sunday. Perfectly centered and looks great. Thanks again, George.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here’ the one I bought from @gman this past Sunday. Perfectly centered and looks great. Thanks again, George.

Wow that's a beaut @esaravo. Looks more 8.5ish than 8ish.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
esaravo will be buyin the 1st round if we meet up for brews.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
esaravo will be buyin the 1st round if we meet up for brews.

I got 2nd round!
Anybody with a CBCS 8.5 Planet 41 as avatar is someone I'll have beers with.
Cool factor there is not lost on this guy.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@TommyJasmin - I saw that book in person. Very cool cover with Medusa trying to transform a bound beauty into a snake-head while a see-through robort crashes into the room! Unfortunately, that one was way past my price range.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I paid $300 for this raw Jazzy John Romita signed copy. Even though it's personalized, I don't mind. It's an absolutely beautiful copy and the cover isn't mucked up by a signature.

Gotta love the whiteness of that interior page shot...that is a cherry of an 8.5 😍😍😍
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

That's a beautiful Book Ed!

One that I have always wanted to pick up as well.

With all the back and forth in this thread about the pricing, Your purchase is as recent as it gets.

Based on your purchase could a guy pick up a nice centered 8.0 for under $400?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 - Yes, it is possible.
Post 36 IP   flag post
600777 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?