Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Y: The Last Man5994

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Y: The Last Man just got a pilot order from FX after 3 years of development and Brian K. Vaughn fighting over the rights to the book he created at Vertigo.

Who read this book? Would you want to watch a show based on it?
The showrunners have been attached to things like American Gods, Jessica Jones and Heroes

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am glad I picked up a high grade # 1 a few months Ago.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Only missing #1 in rhe run...loved this book
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
YTLM is an excellent read, even won a Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series. As much as I’d love to watch it on the screen one day I’m a bit reserved they will be able to do the story justice. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! For once I am ahead of the curve. Got this 9.2 for $100 last month. I had a feeling the show would get greenlit!

BTW I have the full run. But was missing the 1st print #1. The story is awesome!

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I read the series...had all the hard cover editions at one point. I read them as they were released. I would read an entire hardcover in one sitting...couldn't put it down and was anxiously waiting for the next one. Loved how it had cliff hangers and twists that just kept coming. But how it ended really pissed me off...Although I can't entirely remember why. I think I was expecting a certain happy ending but hey had one last evil twist in store! I sold all my hard covers after that.

Either way, I think I'll enjoy seeing this as a series. But obviously it's not a story that can go in on forever. It has a finite beginning and end. Wonder how many episodes it'll take.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
This can't come out soon enough! Got a lot of individual issues and a lot of original art from the series! I am planning on selling some very soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently Elijah Wood is in the running
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I loved this book, and completed my full run at some point last year... I have a 9.8 #1, as well as a raw #1 in so-so shape, signed by Pia Guerra. I hope they do the story justice, it should be a great series.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I read it; good series.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597889 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?