Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver AgePop CultureSignatures

RUNAROUND5989

Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG

So, again I ask... who's not doing anything about this...?


I'm not sure why they need a waiver to fill the claim. So one of two things needs to happen:

1. Fed-Ex pay you the insurance and close the claim, which by paying you and closing the claim should inherently mean that any shipper claims are no longer valid.

2. CBCS needs to file the claim from their end and reimburse you now as a customer and deal with getting their money out of Fed-Ex. At this point, if you used CBCS in-house shipping, there is no need for you as a customer to even be involved in this dispute.

Being totally impartial, I would go with #2 as the most customer friendly way this should be handled.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG

So, again I ask... who's not doing anything about this...?


I'm not sure why they need a waiver to fill the claim. So one of two things needs to happen:

1. Fed-Ex pay you the insurance and close the claim, which by paying you and closing the claim should inherently mean that any shipper claims are no longer valid.

2. CBCS needs to file the claim from their end and reimburse you now as a customer and deal with getting their money out of Fed-Ex. At this point, if you used CBCS in-house shipping, there is no need for you as a customer to even be involved in this dispute.

Being totally impartial, I would go with #2 as the most customer friendly way this should be handled.

Yes, exactly! You are CBCS's customer. They are FedEx's customer. You deal with CBCS, and let them worry about FedEx. You didn't get your shipment, and you didn't sign for it, so they (CBCS) have to make it right. And that is exactly why you bought insurance from CBCS.

I say, just stop dealing with FedEx. That's not your headache.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcJ

I really don't know what more I can do at this point besides taking legal action.

I've done a lot of leg work trying to get both parties to contact each other and have been transparent.

I've been polite and patient. I never cursed anyone out. I'm even a Silver tier member and have books submitted.

All I really wanted were my books or the very least compensation and accountability.

Like I said before, I've contacted (called & emailed) CBCS customer service numerous times. Today, in the spirit of this thread, I contacted CBCS to follow up with and provided the recent correspondences from FedEx.

Any response from CBCS? Crickets. I mean come on, @TimBildhauser from CBCS is on this thread...

All I've gotten was the "RUNAROUND".
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Send a message directly to Steve Borock via Facebook Messenger, so he will be able to look into this for you. Jake doesn't have the authority that Borock has.

I do believe that Fed Ex is trying to screw CBCS out of CBCS's ability to file a claim with either FedEx (or CBCS's private insurance company).

The FedEx rep virtually said exactly that, in her communication to you.

I do not know how CBCS insures their shipents but in any event, Fed Ex is asking CBCS to file a waiver , legally absolving FedEx of blame.

If CBCS signed such a waiver, CBCS would be waiving their ability to file an insurance claim thru either Fed Ex and/or CBCS's private insurance company, for the $700 non-delivered shipment.

Basically, I read this as either a Fed Ex employee stole your package or Fed Ex has lost the package.

And Fed Ex would know if either one of those two possibilities is what actually happened.

CBCS has no way of knowing this.

But bringing this to Borock's personal attention is what I would suggest that you do, for now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
I would focus on FedEx. CBCS has shipped and the claim process has been removed from them. I'd write a very well crafted draft short and succinct (not a book) and copy it to text. It would include all the vitals but super short. I'd send off one copy every morning to the most relevant email address(s). I'd keep a paper copy of all the pertinent information in my wallet and depending on any open time call them once in awhile. I'd be matter of fact and have zero anger involved. I'd do this for at least 2 or 3 months and also research if you can involve any outside help as well. There is a point where you know it ain't gonna happen but for $700 its worth a few more shots.


I'd suggest going this route as well, after hearing back from Borock.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The way I understand CBCS's terms of service is that they are responsible for filing a claim if you used their company FedEx account and you are responsible if you wanted them to use your FedEx account info.
Post 55 IP   flag post


Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The way I understand CBCS's terms of service is that they are responsible for filing a claim if you used their company FedEx account and you are responsible if you wanted them to use your FedEx account info.
well if that is true I used cbcs's FedEx as I do not have a FedEx account
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The way I understand CBCS's terms of service is that they are responsible for filing a claim if you used their company FedEx account and you are responsible if you wanted them to use your FedEx account info.
well if that is true I used cbcs's FedEx as I do not have a FedEx account


Item #16 on the Terms & Services page says:

SHIPPING POLICY:
Please be assured that your items will be shipped within 5 days after they have been encapsulated and passed the final Quality Control evaluation. The carriers that may be used are: FedEx or the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). We can also ship through FedEx or United Parcel Service (UPS) using the client's personal shipping account, but the client will be responsible for supplying their own insurance as CBCS is not responsible for any damaged or lost, packages or contents, mailed via a client supplied service account.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG

"These things take time...".


This is bull right here. I worked at a company that did huge shipments daily. Our claims were all repaid by the next monthly billing cycle. We kept on our carrier's butts because we paid for a service and expected results. If they said it would take two days and it took three, we requested a refund because our customers expected it when they were told it would arrive. If something was lost or mangled, we expected compensation in a timely manor, just as the shipping company expects payment for their services. My recommendation is to put your foot down and say enough of the bs, you want an check by the end of next week and you don't care where it comes from.


I don't disagree with what you are saying, but a large account has more leverage than an individual user. Also, you do have to stay on their butts constantly and they will give you the runaround until you are blue in the face if they think they can get away with it. Where I work, we turn over our claims handling to corporate individuals that have no stake in whether we get compensated or not. We've asked for status updates and got the reply that the individual no longer works for our company and they don't know when they'll get a replacement. Also, when our products sell for millions, the people are more concerned about getting replacement parts and meeting our shipment dates than they are a dealing with a $10,000 part that's rejected.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
How about this ... start a new thread, call it something like: Lost Shipment! Then contact CBCS in some way (email, d.m., phone call, voice mail, or mix it up) once per day, and record that in the thread. Maybe even tag CBCS forum folks in that post. But record exactly what you do, exactly what CBCS says or how they respond, every single day.

Maybe start off by saying, I've tried dealing with FedEx and that didn't work. Now I'm dealing only with CBCS, according to the terms we both agreed to.

Then see what happens. My bet is CBCS doesn't want such a thread to show them in a bad light and it won't take them long. And I also bet the right people at CBCS have not yet become aware of this situation. Because again, they don't lose anything when a shipment is lost. They have insurance that YOU paid for.

And if something is broken in their process? They would want to know that, too. You'd be doing them a favor. Because the people you've dealt with so far either don't know what to do, or are making a wrong assumption, or just have a misunderstanding of their own processes. (Or they CAN'T do anything, because you are already dealing with FedEx ... that's a possibility too.) Because the actual process is: you are protected from exactly this situation.

And that is what CBCS wants: insurance that protects their customers. If it isn't working, they'd really want to know that, so they can figure out how to fix it.

Good luck!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
How about this ... start a new thread, call it something like: Lost Shipment! Then contact CBCS in some way (email, d.m., phone call, voice mail, or mix it up) once per day, and record that in the thread. Maybe even tag CBCS forum folks in that post. But record exactly what you do, exactly what CBCS says or how they respond, every single day.

Maybe start off by saying, I've tried dealing with FedEx and that didn't work. Now I'm dealing only with CBCS, according to the terms we both agreed to.

Then see what happens. My bet is CBCS doesn't want such a thread to show them in a bad light and it won't take them long. And I also bet the right people at CBCS have not yet become aware of this situation. Because again, they don't lose anything when a shipment is lost. They have insurance that YOU paid for.

And if something is broken in their process? They would want to know that, too. You'd be doing them a favor. Because the people you've dealt with so far either don't know what to do, or are making a wrong assumption, or just have a misunderstanding of their own processes. (Or they CAN'T do anything, because you are already dealing with FedEx ... that's a possibility too.) Because the actual process is: you are protected from exactly this situation.

And that is what CBCS wants: insurance that protects their customers. If it isn't working, they'd really want to know that, so they can figure out how to fix it.

Good luck!


I would add a link to this thread, in a newly created thread...and than contact Borock directly including the link to the newly created thread.

FedEx is trying to screw you with this "waiver" nonsense, FedEx is basically trying to make you want to forget about the whole thing by frustrating you and directing blame onto CBCS.

Fed Ex is the problem.

Not CBCS.
Post 60 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@infinityG I work remotely and as such don't have access to all of the information regarding this situation. Customer Service would be the point of contact for getting this resolved. Call them Monday morning. I guarantee we're not trying to give you the runaround. The process might take a little time to sort out but it will happen.

@CopperAgeKids I agree that it sounds like the FedEx waiver request is an attempt to absolve their responsibility.

I'd also say though, don't go to Steve with this. He can ask CS about the status of it but it's not something that falls into the realm of grading. Let CS handle it.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
To some of us, $700 is A LOT of money. The proverbial shite would be hitting the fan if I even remotely felt like I was being ignored or being given the runaround.
Post 62 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard Yeah, I get that. In a case like this though there are steps that have to be taken to recover that loss. FedEx looking for a waiver to be given before taking any action on their end sounds like a big part of the problem when they're, ultimately, responsible from the sound of it. I don't know of any company that would grant that waiver, pay out the $700 and then hope they could find a way to recover it.

@infinityG Have you requested FedEx to provide an image of the signature of the person that supposedly signed for the package? If not I definitely would if I was in your position.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate your feedback. I agree, I'm reluctant to get Steve involved and it should be handled by customer service.

I don't have a FedEx personal account so this all would have gone through CBCS' FedEx account.

I do recall one thing. When CBCS customer service called FedEx to make a claim, I recall Jake or the shipping manager being surprised that FedEx told them a claim had been made by me, which is true. I was naive to do so and can you blame me to take a hasted action? FedEx lost my books!

At that point, I remember this being some kind of mistake by me because that somehow negated CBCS' pursuit for a claim. I was kind of confused about that because why not just close my claim or cancel it and open a new claim for the package? What am I missing? FedEx closed my claim anyway.

This is all so frustrating and if it's CBCS' responsibility to make a new claim, why not do it?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser

I do have a proof of signature. Jake provided that to me. It's definitely not my signature.

appears to be a game of hot potato to me...
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The carriers... in this case FedEx... will say anything that they think will make you give up. If they see it's going to take them time and money to drop the issue, they'll start to take it more seriously.

Once every couple of years, we'll have a truck line say we signed for a delivery and they'll produce a forged autograph of someone who works for us. That opens up an avenue of illegalities, so it's probably only done by less intelligent people trying to make the problem in their job go away.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
My run-around has come to an end I finally got in my books after what they said was 6 attempts at delivery today being the 6th supposedly
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
@TimBildhauser

I do have a proof of signature. Jake provided that to me. It's definitely not my signature.

appears to be a game of hot potato to me...
I sincerely hope you get your books and if for some reason you don't I hope you get compensated
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
. . . .FedEx looking for a waiver to be given before taking any action on their end sounds like a big part of the problem when they're, ultimately, responsible from the sound of it. I don't know of any company that would grant that waiver, pay out the $700 and then hope they could find a way to recover it. . .


Tim, if the books were sent on a CBCS account, Fedex needs the waiver or they shouldn't pay out to the OP. The contract here is between CBCS and FedEx to deliver goods. OP is not a party to that contract. If Fedex pays the OP, nothing prohibits CBCS from seeking reimbursement and FedEx would be on the hook. Most waivers in this type of a situation are an agreement that CBCS will transfer their right to recover to the OP, thereby covering Fedex so they don't have to pay out twice.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Tim, if the books were sent on a CBCS account, Fedex needs the waiver or they shouldn't pay out to the OP. The contract here is between CBCS and FedEx to deliver goods. OP is not a party to that contract...

All true, except the deal with the stolen delivery was not the OP. :-)
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I should have worded that better. I was referring to the OP of the fake sig portion of this thread.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@infinityG I work remotely and as such don't have access to all of the information regarding this situation. Customer Service would be the point of contact for getting this resolved. Call them Monday morning. I guarantee we're not trying to give you the runaround. The process might take a little time to sort out but it will happen.

@CopperAgeKids I agree that it sounds like the FedEx waiver request is an attempt to absolve their responsibility.

I'd also say though, don't go to Steve with this. He can ask CS about the status of it but it's not something that falls into the realm of grading. Let CS handle it.


Yeah, Tim....I agree with you 100%.

I meant to say/imply that Borock would not be the one who did the investigation/leg work etc.

Borock has his hands full as the head/finalizer grader at CBCS. This is a customer service issue, not a grader issue. All I meant is that Borock would have more experience overall and that he would simply direct customer service in the ideal direction.

I actually meant to say what you said, I just didn't articulate myself properly.
Post 72 IP   flag post
184458 72 22
destitute