Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
My books changed to shipping last Thursday. Will they be shipping from Florida or Texas?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a message from FedEx books will be delivered tomorrow. Very excited!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector marvelfreak1313 private msg quote post Address this user
9 Weeks in, and my books that I submitted at WonderCon at the end of March, logged in as received on April 2nd, and they are just labeled as Received. The wait is torture, lol.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Something very strange happened to my order. It was in Grading...then for like an hour or so it said QC, now it says Billing and I guess I have a credit of $14?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
Modern Fast Pass book received on April 9th went into QC yesterday and Shipping today! Will be 10 weeks before it leaves the facility but its finally going to be on its way home. Bad timing with the move is all.
I am super pumped about sending in a ASM #50 to the new location in Dallas, but I am setting up my expectations of a longer than 6 week turnaround due to the move logjam. But I'm impatient and it was only $10 more. Crossing my fingers.......
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Books just say "shipping" for 2 days now. It seems to usually update as "shipped" within same day. Anyone else experiencing this? I like "shipped" because that usually means I can see grades. I have one order that was fast pass modern going into week 7/8. However I have one 2 day, with fast press, showing "shipping" in less than 3 weeks, so I guess that's a win
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Books just say "shipping" for 2 days now. It seems to usually update as "shipped" within same day. Anyone else experiencing this? I like "shipped" because that usually means I can see grades. I have one order that was fast pass modern going into week 7/8. However I have one 2 day, with fast press, showing "shipping" in less than 3 weeks, so I guess that's a win

Mine now say "Shipping" and I've been checking to see when the grades will post...nothing yet though. Today is the second day in shipping.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
One of my current 6 submissions has said "shipping" for two days on the CBCS website. I also got an email two days ago that this subm was in the CBCS shipping department. Then this morning, even though I am supposed to get this batch via PO Registered Mail, I got a call from Fed X saying they had the box and what is a street address? It seems to be going OK currently but I never got a "Shipped with tracking number" email and this subm was supposed to come PO, not Fed X.

My big concern is that other submissions were sent to the PO Box and no one told me. My PO is a couple hours round trip, so I really rely on CBCS telling me if they shipped something. I could not get through to Customer Service (even the voice mail was full!), but I did leave a message with "billing."

I love CBCS and the complexity of this move must be essentially overwhelming. I understand how these things can happen. I just hope nothing was shipped to the PO box without someone telling me.
Post 108 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@RareComics - Check your spam folder. For some reason, all my shipping information goes into my spam folder. No idea why, since the received and most other updated information goes where it is supposed to.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@esaravo I really appreciate your suggestion. I did check, but there is nothing in my spam folder, either. The CBCS email letting me know my shipment had made it to the shipping department went right into my regular email folder, so I suspect CBCS simply did not send me an email letting me know this package had shipped. It is of particular concern to me as there is another house with a nearly identical address about half a mile away, and my packages sometimes go there. If I only had a tracking number, I could keep track of it. At any rate, thanks again for your suggestion.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
I received an email saying my comic had moved to shipping, but no information on when it shipped or a tracking number. That is until I get a text from FedEx saying I should be expecting my package today. Happy to say my comic arrived safe and sound. However, I do wish I could see the grader's notes on it. Maybe after the move they will be added.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawummel
I received an email saying my comic had moved to shipping, but no information on when it shipped or a tracking number. That is until I get a text from FedEx saying I should be expecting my package today. Happy to say my comic arrived safe and sound. However, I do wish I could see the grader's notes on it. Maybe after the move they will be added.

IDK if my experience is common - but it matches yours. I have had a number of submissions where the books arrive a day before or the same day as the books show completed on CBCS's website. There seems to be - sometimes, oftentimes, always? - a delay from the books being done and showing done on the CBCS web portal.
Post 112 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure the website is behind, because I got a Fed Ex shipping update today letting me know my books will arrive tomorrow and on my account it still shows "Shipping" as the status. I'm sure this is probably due to their move.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Skinschamps2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I am confused, I paid for 2 Day Modern Turn around, Book (Yeah, just one) arrived at 844am on June 1st FED EX CONFIRMED. So, even if I gave it a full day for the clock to start on June 2nd, then by June 4th it should have been completed, then I paid for 2 Day Return FedEx Shipping, that would have been June 6th. I will even give you until the 7th. Its the 9th. It still shows as Submitted. Well, I would love for someone to explain that if you cant do a 2 day grading turn around, and cant send the book back in 2 days. Why do you sell it as an option? Help, no answers to emails, phone calls or messages left.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah.... I get the turnaround time being vague on regular submissions, but if you're paying for 2days or fast passes it does seem like their should be credits or refunds added to account

I paid for fast pass modern on 5 books, so $45 extra. I do know that there is a move occurring, but 8 weeks ago when I submitted I was unaware.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Post 115 IP   flag post
I am more upset that they dont respond at all. Nothing. How hatd is it to click reply on an email and say book received ,being graded and delayed 2 days or whatever. Even if they have 1000 emails , cut and paste. At least thats something.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Update. Since I never received a tracking number email from CBCS, I tried to sign up my shipping address with Fedx directly so I could make progress on receiving the package. Unfortunately, since the package was supposed to be shipped via Post Office, it was addressed to my PO box even though shipped via Fedx. Fedx will not recognize the PO box address, so I cannot get tracking number from Fedx, either.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
@Skinschamps2000 Last I heard just last week the delay was 2-3 weeks when I called and was able to get through and who knows if that means the 2-3 week delay starts on the 18th or what so it could be more like a 5 week delay
Post 118 IP   flag post
YEah, Thats is just deceptive practices and fraud. I dont care if your moving, everyone got sick with poisons, or whatever excuses a business has, that in the YP department) YOUR PRoblem. Within my purchase area, it should have said, we are in a 5 week delay do you wish to continue OR go to CGC and let them do it in the paid for time period. Just poor business. Well, they can avoid and ignore, but eventually they will be at a Con and I will be at a Con. Face to face questions are harder to ignore. lol
Post 119 IP   flag post
Update 2. Finally got the phone number of my local FedX Office. Called early Saturday. Nice lady claimed my package was on truck and would be delivered between 1:30-2:00 PM Saturday. Asked for tracking number but she did not have it. FedX never arrived, I was home all day. I still love CBCS, but sure wish I was not going through this.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Update 3. The package arrived! Thanks to everyone who offered helpful suggestions.
Post 121 IP   flag post
No Emails returned, voice mail full, no reply on threads, do they still attend cons?
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully my books will ship before the months over already well blew past my 12 week window, depends on how fast they get the move finished
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
I realize that the move is now in full swing, but my comics have been in the grading phase for a solid month now, and the 13 week window is officially up. Is there any timeline for when things will be up and operational again?
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
today is my 12 weeks. still marked as "grading" but it could change by end of day. Either way not terribly worried since they are moving even though they did say everything being worked would be shipped before they move. (if i remember corectly)
Post 125 IP   flag post
I’m not usually one to complain, but I feel like the ball has been dropped on my orders. The first one was received on Dec. 13th, 2017, 2 moderns with pressing and one is a VSP. I still haven’t gotten them and I’m on Week 27 (it says “Received” still online with 25 week processing time). My other order was 2 Modern VSP fast pass (no pressing) and I received them last Saturday, but one of the books didn’t pass authentication. I’m ok with that, but I’m not ok with being charged the grading fees for the book which was never graded or encapsulated. I’ve tried calling customer service all week and can’t get a hold of anyone. I finally got an email reply on the second order saying that they charged me the correct amount, which is incorrect. I should have a $14 credit/refund. Normally I wouldn’t make such a fuss about this, but I mean both of my orders have been screwed up now. I know the move has been a huge undertaking, but your customer service shouldn’t suffer as a result.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is at three cons this weekend that are each three day events - Brooklyn, Charlotte and Denver. If you figure a minimum of 3 to 4 employees per con - and they will have time off since they are working weekends - I doubt there will be much going on next week grading-wise or customer service-wise especially with the location transition.

I am a fan of CBCS but they have a lot of challenges right now.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie I just wanted to clarify something. Starting late last year (I believe) CBCS stopped sending graders to do cons. The majority of the people at cons are remote CBCS employees (like Tim Bildhauser and Mark Roman) or CBCS AWs and facilitators. Yes, Borock, and a few others, still make occasional appearances, but not like earlier years. They found that sending graders to cons seriously effected TATs. More than what they anticipated. That is the reason why on-site grading has been put on hold this year. So really, CBCS being at three cons this weekend should have little effect on what is going on in Dallas,
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector jackblankenship private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted one book for verified signature on April 26th. I paid for 2 day modern: Fast Pass ($50), Signature Verification ($25), Fast Pass Press ($35)and pick up from CBCS headquarters in St Pete ($10 -$5 for handling and $5 for pickup).

I wanted the book done before they moved to Dallas because I’m local to their St Pete location. All in all, with handling and shipping I was in $115 (invoice attached)for a book that doesn’t have half that value, but it’s a favorite of mine and I wanted it slabbed.

I was told that even with 2 day modern fast pass the verification would take 6 days and the fast press another week. I was ok with two weeks turnaround. That was on April 26th. It’s now June 15th. We’re talking over 40 BUSINESS days and almost 7 weeks. The book still says processing. I wrote customer service and was told it still hadn’t been pressed, but if they didn’t get to it before the move, they would ship it to me for no additional cost. “Gee, thanks.” I said I wanted a refund for the two day processing and fast pass. Still no word back.

Am I wrong to be upset or expect a refund?
Post 129 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Jack,

I'll find out what's up with your order asap. Give me a week to get back to you, but rest assured that I'll get an answer for you.

PS. I deleted the picture of your invoice for the sake of security and your confidentiality.
Post 130 IP   flag post
598088 999 30