Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Since the last update is several months old, i thought I would start a fresh thread. The old thread could confuse someone who didn't know.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I got mine back in 10 weeks and I was a happy camper. They were all modern ss.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
So - what are the TAT currently?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I have gotton some of the books i have submitted and yes i know pancaking take awhile but i think some folks would like a TAT for this? But this is my opinion is all i think you guys at CBCS have done great since the bad year of weather and such. Keep up the great work😊🍺
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrotherKenneth private msg quote post Address this user
This is what frustrates me about CBCS. You start a thread about turnaround times but don't actually post any. More empty promises. #soon
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherKenneth
This is what frustrates me about CBCS. You start a thread about turnaround times but don't actually post any. More empty promises. #soon

I'm not making a promise, Kenneth. I just removed the thread that was causing confusion and replaced it with a thread that people can share the turnaround times on their own submissions. I am not in charge of turnaround times, nor making announcements about them.

Turnaround times are improving. I do know that much. That trend should continue.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherKenneth
#soon

#Soon
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
The January and February ones were submitted at Ace Comicon.
Here are my latest turnaround times as of recent. None of these got pressed.

I was disappointed with 2 of my January books grades because they were super crisp when I handed to CBCS for signatures they'd obtain from Adam Kubert and yeah, bad grades. I knew what I was getting in to with my books I submitted for Romita to sign, but not my 2 Kuberts books. I wonder if someone didn't handle them correctly or what not but that's just the way life is, we gotta deal with it. I might not get the cards I want, but you got to learn how to play'm.

January 31 Completed 4 books (No Fast Pass)
February 15 Shipped 1 Book (Fast Pass)
March 22 Processing 6 Books (No Fast Pass)
March 27 Shipped 3 Books (reholders)
March 28 Submitted 1 Book (Fast Pass)

#Soon
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
January 29th Production/Maybe Shipping 9 books (no fast pass, 1 VSP)

February 13th Production 9 books (no fast pass)

March 12th Grading 1 book (no fast pass)
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, so apparently, the website reporting an order's status as "Grading" despite them being out of grading and awaiting/in production is not a glitch in the site but working as intended. This seems contrary to the purpose of providing an idea of where the books are in the process.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't been following TATs that much lately. What is the current modern w/o FP TAT? (roughly is just fine)
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Current TAT is at 12 weeks.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts @TimBildhauser Hi guys! Reading up on the guesstimates for hurricane season & its not inspiring. Granted, the odds of meteorologists correctly forecasting the weather are worse than the most tilted of Las Vegas slot machines; but given last year's TAT boondoggle courtesy of Harvey/Irma, are ya'll stocked up on slabs an' whatever else you need should the slab manufacturer get pounded again?
Post 14 IP   flag post
It won't be an issue this year. There is a...contingency plan.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
It won't be an issue this year. There is a...contingency plan.
Well isn't that just cryptic? LOL

There's a lot going on behind the scenes at CBCS right now. Announcements will be made as things develop. It may not seem like some issues are being addressed (i.e. census, adding pressing to the online submission form etc.) but things are. A lot of it isn't a simple overnight fix and things have to be prioritized. We know there's stuff that's been on the request list for some time now but addressing things that help keep everything running internally have to be dealt with first.

Some (many?) of you may not realize that since day 1 everything CBCS has accomplished has been a combined effort at the hands of anywhere from 25 to 35 people at any given time. All things considered I think that's something we can be proud of. We've hit some bumbs along the road and have always tried to handle them in the right way, meaning what's best for the majority of you. Has it been perfect? Hell no, it never will be. That's just not how the world works. But that's also not going to stop us from continuing to do everything we can to offer you the best service we can.

When confronted with criticism we have and will continue to make every effort to fix things that aren't working to improve the service we offer. Again, there's not always going to be an instant solution. Making adjustments takes time but we're doing what we can every day with the resources we have at our disposal. Bear with us and I think you'll be pleased with the results of our efforts.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted a GA book with CGC in mid-January and a GA book with CBCS on the Same day. Both were shipped yesterday. That's a good TAT for CBCS considering the delays to TATs last year, Bravo.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser No offense & with all due respect.. but you guys are all talk and #soon. Actions speak louder. PGX has 1 guy in his mom’s garage and gets it done faster, lol.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The old thread could confuse someone who didn't know.

Others would call it destroying the evidence.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
PGX has 1 guy in his mom’s garage and gets it done faster, lol.

Yes, and if we only received 10 books a week, our turnaround time on all tiers would be zero days.
That comparison isn't even apples and oranges. It's more like apples and scissors.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
The old thread could confuse someone who didn't know.

Others would call it destroying the evidence.

Nothing was destroyed. It's still floating around. Go post in it and bump it back to the top.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@TimBildhauser No offense & with all due respect.. but you guys are all talk and #soon. Actions speak louder. PGX has 1 guy in his mom’s garage and gets it done faster, lol.
And with all due respect... we're making an effort to improve the quality of service every day. We don't post updates or give target dates on when things are going to take effect because with everything that's on our plate right now we can't guarantee specific dates. TAT has improved by about 4 weeks since February and we're working diligently to improve it even further.

The point of my previous post is that there's a small group of people doing a whole lot of work to offer better service all around. Keep that in mind the next time you want to post "#soon". These are people that have been dedicating 10, 12 or more hours a day to get books into the system and back out the door. Most, if not all of them, are putting in a hell of a lot of effort to make that happen.

Like I said, we're not perfect and aren't ever going to be. There's always going to be room for improvement and CBCS as a whole is making an effort to do better for all of you. Some things take time and all we're asking for is a little patience.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts @TimBildhauser Will CBCS start posting new TAT update threads like they have in the past? If not, why not?

I personally think it would be helpful. Over the past 6 to 8 months, many people posting on these forums have stated that they would not submit anything new to CBCS until the TAT's improved. It would only benefit CBCS to show that this has in fact occurred. I would like to see something more than just anecdotal posts from various people on their own experiences.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
PGX has 1 guy in his mom’s garage and gets it done faster, lol.

Yes, and if we only received 10 books a week, our turnaround time on all tiers would be zero days.
That comparison isn't even apples and oranges. It's more like apples and scissors.

... and you can run with apples.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Lonestar I posted earlier in the thread that current TAT is 12 weeks, that's down from 16 weeks in February and we're hoping to hit somewhere in the 8-10 week range in the near future. It could take 3 weeks or it could take a couple of months to get there. Right now we just have to take each day as it comes at us and see how much ground we can gain.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
Tangentially related, do we have any idea what the TAT for reholders is right now?
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Drahcir I'm not sure about that but would guess 2-3 weeks max.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Have pressed times sped up as well?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
These TAT are for non pressed books i assume?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Venomade Yes.

@teacha777 That I don't know. Ricketts would be able to answer that.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597867 999 30