Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite The only one that had my attention was a very nice looking ASM 129; but he's asking full CBCS/CGC price for Oregon product, and I don't have enough warm fuzzy to go for it. The ASM 129 printing wasn't uniform across the top; and books from Oregon have been known to get a haircut on their way to "9+" grades. Just too much risk for that kind of money.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
All of you conspiracy theorists....Do you guys think any of your posts through before you post??? CBCS is a business that wants to stay in business. Some of the most respected people in the industry work for this company...this is no half-assed, PGX operation! All these posts of CBCS doing shady things or intentionally trying to screw over customers....WHY WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO DO THAT! This whole TAT situation sucks for everyone, especially for the people at CBCS! They are losing customers and money that I am sure they don't want to be losing. They have said multiple times in multiple places that they are trying to do what they can to catch up. Everyone just needs to let them catch up and quit bogging down everything with the constant complaints that are all EXACTLY THE SAME!
Post 977 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnove1977
I wonder if people who post in this forum post get their comics put at the bottom of the pile.

@schnove1977 Look, they're not going to retaliate against a paying customer with the occasional (valid) complaint regarding production delays. We've pretty much all said our piece on that issue. They want your stuff graded, on slab, and out the door just as much as you do; if for no other reason than its the only thing that will get people to stop complaining.

Besides, all you've done is complain a little bit. If CBCS were going to retaliate, I guarantee there are higher priority targets. As I've said before, I half expect a shipment* of slabs filled with ashes.

*Preferably before Christmas.
Post 978 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
All of you conspiracy theorists....Do you guys think any of your posts through before you post??? CBCS is a business that wants to stay in business. Some of the most respected people in the industry work for this company...this is no half-assed, PGX operation! All these posts of CBCS doing shady things or intentionally trying to screw over customers....WHY WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO DO THAT! This whole TAT situation sucks for everyone, especially for the people at CBCS! They are losing customers and money that I am sure they don't want to be losing. They have said multiple times in multiple places that they are trying to do what they can to catch up. Everyone just needs to let them catch up and quit bogging down everything with the constant complaints that are all EXACTLY THE SAME!

BEST. POST. EVER.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Or they can give their customers some compensation for their royal screw up. 1 free graded book or signature verification, something like that. I would be extremely angry if I paid for quickstream and got my comics several months later.
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector dalkeil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkeil
I have many orders piled up, the earliest from May 12th is now "grading", while a submission the next week is still "processing.

I'm not complaining, just posting info for those curious about wait times currently.

15 days later, no status changes on anything above
Post 981 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I wonder if people who post in this forum post get their comics put at the bottom of the pile. I think CBCS should at least send us pictures of our comics so we actually know they haven't lost them. If my books weren't signature witnessed books i would just ask that they send them back in whatever state they are in.
Quote:
Is there anyone in Dallas that can swing by their office - take some photos and post them so we know what's really going on?

In regards to this, that's just not going to happen. Your books aren't lost but we're also not going to let someone come in and take photographs of the inside of a secure facility. Haven't you ever wondered why it is that in the 4 years CBCS has been around & the 18 years CGC has been around you've never seen pictures taken by employees and posted when they're at work?
Post 982 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly! The amount of value your vaults/secure storage facilities hold must be massive! Quite literally like a bank I'm sure.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

BEST. POST. EVER.

Truth hurts doesn’t it guys.
Post 984 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

BEST. POST. EVER.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you but the fact of the matter is that if you're going to get all bent out of shape because your funny books are are taking longer to get to you than anticipated then you need perspective in life. You do realize they will get to you right? it's just taking longer...that's all...just taking longer. CBCS has not stolen your books. They're on there way. How would you act in a real crisis situation? sheesh!
Post 985 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Where I used to work, there was a guy that would gain pleasure from prodding folks and trying to initiate hostility because he thought it was fun.
I left that job and I never have to deal with his immaturity and nonsensical logic again. The best solution I could come up with was to walk away, ignore him and leave him to enjoy living his own sad life.

Anyways, just a life lesson learned...
Post 986 IP   flag post
@Bronte While underway, the sailors on our boat developed the "Law of Conservation of Happiness;" a riff on the laws of thermodynamics.

The premise was, "happiness can neither be created nor destroyed, only altered in form." While tied to the pier, the boat was attached to "the world," which we considered to contain an infinite amount of happiness. While underway, there is a fixed quantity of happiness on board; so in order for any individual to increase their happiness, it would have to be taken from someone else. This was performed with ruthless efficiency; though it was freely acknowledged that the captain had the ability to reduce everyone else on board's happiness to zero & hoard it all to himself at his discretion.

Sounds like you worked in a similar environment; I don't miss it either.
Post 987 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Oooo i love this analygy..i am an avid sailor and as captain i try not to reduce happiness on my boat...easier now that i don't race as much!!
Post 988 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament

You theory sounds like our raises. Our boss had 3 percentage points he could give to each of us per year. Essentially a finite number for happiness. (Yeah, barely cost of living). However, on more than one occasion, I tried to "donate" my share to those with whom I felt worked harder or deserved it more than I. My boss rejected my requests.

But the moral of this story was that, sometimes the sailors doing all the rowing need more food than the cook in the galley...

Btw did you ever read the thermodynamics of hell?
Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
My main order was recieved in july. So I expect my books back in January by the wait times posted here
Post 990 IP   flag post
Is hell exothermic or endothermic?

Dr. Schambaugh, of the University of Oklahoma School of Chemical Engineering, Final Exam question for May of 1997. Dr. Schambaugh is known for asking questions such as, "why do airplanes fly?" on his final exams. His one and only final exam question in May 1997 for his Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer II class was: "Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:

If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true...Thus, hell is exothermic."

The student, Tim Graham, got the only A.
Post 991 IP   flag post
@Bronte Oldie but goodie.
@KatComics Right idea, wrong kind of boat.
Post 992 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is still the turnaround thread?
I have questions...

About how long until books are shipped after they have entered the labels stage? AND is the FedEx shipping 2-day, or ground? Trying to plan holiday travel arrangements...

Thanks.
Post 993 IP   flag post
@Guy There's not an exact amount of time it takes. It depends on how many books are in the order, obviously larger orders take more time to reach shipping once they get to Labels.

They're shipped FedEx Ground. In most cases it takes roughly 2-3 days to arrive depending on your proximity to Dallas.
Post 994 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser thanks for the info, pretend I have 8 books, no signatures or anything special. is that like 2-3 days before shipping?

thanks!
Post 995 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

BEST. POST. EVER.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you but the fact of the matter is that if you're going to get all bent out of shape because your funny books are are taking longer to get to you than anticipated then you need perspective in life. You do realize they will get to you right? it's just taking longer...that's all...just taking longer. CBCS has not stolen your books. They're on there way. How would you act in a real crisis situation? sheesh!

Wow it must hurt even more than I thought.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Collector oginecka private msg quote post Address this user
Out of curiosity, is there any rough ETA when the profile comics database is going to be working? Currently, the orders are not updating their status, nor can I view a list of my comics that had been graded.
Post 997 IP   flag post
@Guy My best guess is that an order of 8 books should hit Shipping within a week of being in Labels. I can't say for sure, it could be a little sooner or later than that depending on what is in the queue before it.

@oginecka Unfortunately I don't have a time frame on this. There's a lot of programming work being done on the system.
Post 998 IP   flag post
in Labels now....Shipping soon!! 🤘
Post 999 IP   flag post
601347 999 24