Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Please grade this TEC 359 (time sensitive)5933

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga

Did you put this book under a black light yet?

That would reveal color touch, that did not bleed thru the cover.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
Maybe I missed it but was this an eBay sale or a private deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
I also did not see this book under any eBay searches....If purchased thru a Facebook group, that spells trouble IMO.

Although I bought this on the day of the eBay coupon, I did not buy it on eBay. It's from an older gentleman (not Facebook either) who just so happened to use a scanner. If this book checks out, I am going to be making a lot more purchases from him.

Quote:

I recently moved and could not find my blacklight, but I did not notice any color bleed through and cover looks nice and original to the naked eye.
Post 52 IP   flag post
So I don't have any kind of patience, and decided that since I got such a good deal on the book I would splurge on same day grading. Monday evening I overnighted the book to CGC, they got it this morning (Tuesday), and they graded and shipped it this same afternoon. That means I am now exactly $1,209 and 4 days into this comic ($999 + $51 FedEx + $159 grading and return shipping).

Now you may be wondering why I sent it to CGC instead of CBCS... While I slab most of the books I KEEP in my collection here at CBCS, I have learned the hard way that there are closed-minded collectors who will only buy CGC slabs. Since I planned on flipping this book, and I wanted the maximum number of potential buyers, I had to go with them.

HOWEVER, as a challenge to my fellow CBCS forum members, I will pay for CBCS to crack and regrade this book if one of you buys it (CBCS forum members only). Who wants to roll the dice?

So without further ado the grade is...

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Crowd sourcing works again!

Congrats on the nice book and great grade. Now I have to go check out GPA and see what your profit will be . . .

Nice! Double your money, double your fun!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
8.5...what is PQ?

Nailed it!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
That's a nice copy! I'd say anywhere from 8.0 - 9.0

Right on! Congrats on the grade
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
I don't see any signs of trimming, but to really see you have to see if the cover and pages look like they are all exactly (and I mean exactly) the same length. You can see the top and side are not trimmed because you can see the pages sticking out just ever so slightly from under the cover - the way it should be (or the cover over hanging the pages a slight amount).

Nice book, that looks like a real score!

It's pretty much impossible to tell if a book has been trimmed without having the book in hand & laid out on a flat surface in front of you.

Quote:
@Darkga

I really don't want to 'start something', but you recently said this:

Quote:
Shoot me a pic of the questionable company's slab....front and rear pic.

I'll take a look at include that book in my BIM pricing suggestions, I will include GPA 90 Day averages on each of your slabs , along with my suggested BIN prices, and GPA of the questionable company's slab...and I'll let you know if I can see any restoration on the front/back cover of the questionable slab.

If you weren't referring to trimming in your resto check offer, how would you have checked for CT by blacklight using scans/pics?

You can see my point, right? Both statements seem to have been made with a fair amount of certainty. It sounds like you're offering to do something for someone that you're telling another can't really be done.
Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I estimated "8.5 ish", and I suck at grading.

I am sooo happy this worked out so well. It gives me solace that not everyone is dealing from the bottom of the deck.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga how much are you selling it for?

Do you consider 24 month averages?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Darkga how much are you selling it for?

Do you consider 24 month averages?

I'll do a number below GPA 12 month average for well known (to me) forum members. PM if you are interested, and we can come up with a number. I may even be interested in partial trades or full trades for the right book. Things I'm looking for:

Golden Age Phantom Lady, first series #13 and up, any condition
Crime Suspenstories #22, any condition
A low grade X-Men #1
A high grade Giant-Size X-Men #1
A Hulk #181 (why do I keep buying and selling and buying this damn book)

Surprisingly I don't need any Vampirella because I already have it all (at least all the books I want).
Post 60 IP   flag post
598060 60 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?