Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite just grabbed this loot crate off amazon for 7.98 shipped (prime). Saw one on eBay for $4.99 shipped still bagged, but wondering what kind of packaging it would arrive in for free shipping..figured going through Amazon may be safer...not sure...

one remaining on Amazon if anyone is interested

Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

I remember buying that one off a spinner rack back in the day. The colors really popped on that cover, almost glowed.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Sometimes a store variant just gets it right.

Forget about the connecting covers...lovin' this as a stand-alone. Liking it better than the Virgin cover (something about seeing "the Amazing Spider-Man" in the background makes it right).

And after my persistence with Comicxposure (delays in shipping without explanation, not answering my emails/messages, having to go through someone at NYCollectorCave to get them to even acknowledge my order was delinquent...) the copy they send me looks gem mint...I cannot see a single flaw. Very happy.

Gotta get this slabbed with a Crain sig for the PC. Yellow label would look good with the green.

Post 29 IP   flag post

Found at BAM! for Buck ($1 ea). Given a cartoon series is in the works and the book getting some good press as of late, figured why not see what it's all about. This may be the only marvel book I read after the forthcoming reboots...hoping MG is not one of them starting over.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some Moderns today. I bought the Alias because I watch the Netflix show. I picked up the All-New Wolverines because, well, it’s the new Wolverine. And the Deja Thoris has a gorgeous cover, it’s based on Edgar Rice Burroughs, and it cost 25 cents.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Pick-ups from a small local Con today:

This has been on my list in 9.8 for ages. Thanks to a trade, I could afford it:

The wife saw this & had to have it. I asked if she'd be cool with it being her early Anniversary gift & she gladly accepted.

Had to put it on plastic, but worth it to see her happy.

Wonder Woman #23!

A trade + cash made this possible.

Probably a 3.0-3.5. The cover is barely hanging onto the top staple. Still glad to have it.

And two very cheap fun raw finds:

Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@dielinfinite just grabbed this loot crate off amazon for 7.98 shipped (prime). Saw one on eBay for $4.99 shipped still bagged, but wondering what kind of packaging it would arrive in for free shipping..figured going through Amazon may be safer...not sure...

one remaining on Amazon if anyone is interested

Ok, so don't order from that Amazon link...despite my request not to send it unprotected, they threw it into an envelope with nothing to protect it from (a) rough handling of USPS, and (b) the elements....found it in a puddle on my outside steps.

It never had a chance, but honestly the condition of it looks like it's been through this a few times befor.

Sending this one back.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Yay, eBay Bucks! My Thor 166 badly needed an upgrade, but I've wanted an SF&HHC13 for a while.
Now if I can just stay off eBay until after the eBay Bucks period is over so I don't see something I want more lol

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sometimes a store variant just gets it right.

Forget about the connecting covers...lovin' this as a stand-alone. Liking it better than the Virgin cover (something about seeing "the Amazing Spider-Man" in the background makes it right).

And after my persistence with Comicxposure (delays in shipping without explanation, not answering my emails/messages, having to go through someone at NYCollectorCave to get them to even acknowledge my order was delinquent...) the copy they send me looks gem mint...I cannot see a single flaw. Very happy.

Gotta get this slabbed with a Crain sig for the PC. Yellow label would look good with the green.

That looks great. I still have not received my copy from them. :-(
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I went through the same thing with Amazon and some Portrait Collections by Dave Aikins- 2 copies each of Vol 1 & 2. Four soft cover books in the same type of envelope big enough to hold ten, and that's it. The books weren't even bagged together, let alone bagged at all. They were allowed to shift around with the corners catching the inner bubbles- they were a mess.

Only 1 was acceptable, obviously because it had 3 other books to protect it, so I kept that one and returned the other 3 for replacements with a scathing note to their method of shipping books.

The confirmation email showed they got my request correct (obviously I needed 1 copy from one vol, and 2 of the other). They arrived in better condition despite being sent in the same effing envelope, but they got the numbers wrong and now I had too many of one vol. So we had to go through it again until I finally got the right number of books in acceptable condition.

Never using Amazon for books again. They have ZERO respect and no consideration for the items we buy.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Got a trio of trades in the mail today!

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
On a low grade golden age kick.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Finally arrived.. Im more excited for when the connecting trade covers come as I think they pop more, but happy to have this one given its low distribution.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just had to share a few that showed up at my door today. The .20 one is one that I've wanted for a while.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfitch77

I just had one of those stolen from my eBay cart last night as I was about to buy it...literally seconds from closing the deal!

Almost picked one up at my L s today...but was asking too much for the condition it was in...continuing to look for the right price...
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:

I just had one of those stolen from my eBay cart last night as I was about to buy it...literally seconds from closing the deal!

Almost picked one up at my L s today...but was asking too much for the condition it was in...continuing to look for the right price...

Bummer! I hate when someone buys something out from under me... makes me a terrible impulse buyer cuz i hate the thought of missing out.
I dont know if i got a good deal on mine or not. Though it is in what i believe to be excellent condition.
Post 43 IP   flag post

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Another one checked off my want list. Thanks to huskershawn.

@conditionfreak - you might remember that I submitted two to CGC when you originally searched for this one. They both came back as 9.8
Post 45 IP   flag post

Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in the new Skybound Megabox today.
Crude #1 Megabox Variant.

Walking Dead #100 McFarlane Variant. My least favorite of the #100 covers and I already have a copy. Was hoping for the Here’s Negan or #100 red foil Variant, oh well.

Oblivion Song #1 convention variant.

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

The Button pts 1-4, all newsstand editions from Barnes and Noble magazine stand, all signed by the artists and writers.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 50 IP   flag post

I commissioned a "Black Spider-man" for Adi Granov. What do you think?
Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Dood 🍺

I like what you got!

These are really rare, the last few of the dying (dead) newsstand comics

Post 53 IP   flag post

Really liking the batman who laughs.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Caught up on some variants from the original run.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600876 999 30