Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Real nice haul. I also see that a lot of them are newstand copies. Buying collections is a lot of fun and that is the way most of your regular dealers at the shows do it.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Had a fun day at the Motor City Comic Con yesterday. Here is what I picked up. I also got my Neal Adams print signed. My 16 year old son joined me and he picked up a few "What If" books. I think he is trying to collect them all. My favorite pick up was the Suicide Squad original art with Harley and Katana done by Eduardo Pansico. I think his work is under appreciated.Also bought some prints and had John Cassida sign them for me. Fyi, the first 2 signatures are free if you have something you bring.

Post 277 IP   flag post

Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I'm still sorting everything into boxes, but I kept a small list next to me of the more expensive issues:

ASM 299/300/301, New Mutants 1/14/18/25/26/Annual 2, Hulk 324, Blade Runner 1, Web of Spider Man 1/32, Uncanny X-Men 184/201/221/241/244, Star Wars 1/100, Daredevil 254

He stopped collecting before the Cable/Deadpool issues of New Mutants; but I can't complain. Even the "dreck" is pretty nice; lots of Uncanny X-Men between 115-250, complete (to the point he stopped collecting) runs of X-Factor, New Mutants, ROM, Daredevil, ASM/Web/Spectacular (including the full McFarlane run), & Incredible Hulk; along with various "...WTF is this(?)" stuff; like a complete run of ElfQuest.

I wish my parents had loved me enough to subscribe to damn near every Marvel title for like ten years.

This particular co-worker was issued an ultimatum by his wife: by the end of the week he had to choose between his golf clubs or his old comics; but either way, one side of the garage needed to be cleaned out. He pulled a number out of thin air, I gladly paid, and I think it worked out quite well.

Moral of the story: Golf sucks, read comics.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Oh! Him! I have that, but I was disappointed with it.

You mean with the comic or his appearance?

The story... his appearance.
If I'd known the story, I would have never taken the effort to buy it.
Post 280 IP   flag post

@CaptainCanuck Booster Gold #1 is going nuts b/c of the rumors that he's being added to the DC TV lineup. This issue looks great; I'm not confident in my ability to grade accurately just yet, but I figure with a clean/press (just to be sure) it should get into 9.6-9.8 territory. So that puts it between $150-$400, with (hopefully) that on the upswing if the TV/Movie rumors are substantiated.

I was actually kind of impressed that Blade Runner 1 was a $25-50 book. Also, the Kraven's Last Hunt books are all on the upswing. Is there something I missed on the Kraven front? Movie announcement or whatnot? Also, I got the Daredevil & Punisher Bullseye issues in this collection! Since Bullseye has been confirmed for Season 3 of Daredevil, I hope these get a nice bump courtesy of Netflix.

Finally; what's the word on Cloak & Dagger? I know the TV series is pending, but have the books gotten any kind of bump at this point? I picked up the limited series & first series, but so far they aren't exactly impressive.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The 1st appearance of Cloak & Dagger (Spectacular Spider-Man #64) has leveled off. It’s worth a couple hundred in the 9.6 range.

Kraven people are speculating could be a movie villain soon, but it’s just that, speculation. No announcement. And if they do a Kraven movie, “Last Hunt” is awesome potential material for the film.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament

Booster Gold movie is supposedly in the works too.
Post 283 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ordered a couple / won a couple.

Signed by Cho

Post 284 IP   flag post

Post 285 IP   flag post

Post 286 IP   flag post

Post 287 IP   flag post

Post 288 IP   flag post

Post 289 IP   flag post

Post 290 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Very nicely done.
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

VERY nice 3-D Supes! Are the glasses intact? Mine were detached, but still with the book.
Post 292 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
VERY nice 3-D Supes! Are the glasses intact? Mine were detached, but still with the book.

Funny you should ask. The description did NOT say they were missing but, they were. I emailed ComicConnect about it. I have yet to hear from them. Probably by Tuesday.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived 😃 Sorry for the bad pic 😡 this cover is amazing!
Post 294 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I got this the other day. It’s a little rough but I got a good deal on it. It collects the comic book adaptations of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty in a slightly oversized format (similar to Marvel Omnibuses)

Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I bought at Nickel City Con over the weekend.
A semi grail for me as I don’t have any issues of DD with him in the yellow costume. Trying for a #1-#100 run and currently this book is king in the run.

Post 296 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a variant collector, nor do I regularly buy new comics. But when I saw the tv promo of the new show "Deadly Class" and realized it was set in the 1980's, I HAD to grab a copy of #1. I've got stuff piled on top of my copier/scanner and I'm not inclined to clear it all off for just one comic, so I grabbed a Google picture of the one I received today. I'm hoping the tv show is good. The premise of the comic looks great and I may have to start buying the series.

Post 297 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
A semi grail for me as I don’t have any issues of DD with him in the yellow costume. Trying for a #1-#100 run and currently this book is king in the run.

lol, I have a low-grade DD #1-15 run and my DD#6 is probably in the worst condition (after my 0.3 #1). Well, I have two copies, one is coverless and the other has water damage on the cover. I've been meaning to replace it with a more presentable copy but stuff keeps coming up.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

Funny you should ask. The description did NOT say they were missing but, they were. I emailed ComicConnect about it. I have yet to hear from them. Probably by Tuesday.

They're givin' me a $10 credit on my next order. That'll work
Post 299 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave

lol, I have a low-grade DD #1-15 run and my DD#6 is probably in the worst condition (after my 0.3 #1). Well, I have two copies, one is coverless and the other has water damage on the cover. I've been meaning to replace it with a more presentable copy but stuff keeps coming up.

Mine has minor tearing on the bottom staple, crunched top left corner, visible spine ticks. Rest of the book is pretty solid.
This book wasn’t really on my radar but the price was too good to pass up.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Have to love the dollar bin. Mattina cover +zombie variant + Moon Knight

Post 301 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Nice find. That is a bad azz cover.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user

Recent E-bay win.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 304 IP   flag post
I FINALLY got around to picking these up!

Post 305 IP   flag post
598084 999 30