Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Disappointed with CBCS5896

Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing Something along those lines. Basically we have to assign a replacement cost to each book. That way if, for example, FedEx is transporting the books and they're damaged or the facility were to go up in flames while your books are in our possession that's the amount you would be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@moodswing Something along those lines. Basically we have to assign a replacement cost to each book. That way if, for example, FedEx is transporting the books and they're damaged or the facility were to go up in flames while your books are in our possession that's the amount you would be reimbursed by the insurance company.

Now will this price adjust after they grade the comics? I plan on dropping mine off at a con.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Does anyone have a good place to look at the cost and time comparisons for both companies? I will most likely be submitting my first 5-10 comics this Summer and I still haven't decided who to go with. I plan on getting most pressed from CFP first. I believe my comics are in the Bronze-Modern (Iron Fist 14, New Teen Titans 2, NM 87,98 and a couple X-Men books).

CBCS does pressing in-house. I would go with them.

It think I want to support other companies, just not the big 2. I assume the pressing turnaround time is much faster too.

If you're not using CBCS, I can certainly recommend who NOT to use. You can PM me if you're interested.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing Once they're graded we have a record of the assigned grades and would be able to easily look up the fair market value for reimbursement if required. Keep in mind that if you submit a book and under value it, once it's graded it would be bumped up to the appropriate grading tier. For example:

A comic is submitted with a value of $200 in the Expanded tier with a grading fee of $30 (Max value $250). Once graded the FMV is determined to be $1000, it would be bumped up to Quickstream with a grading fee of $58 (Max value $1150) and you would be charged the difference in fees between the two tiers which in this case would be $28. So yes, your book would be covered by the insurance for $1000.

Which convention?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I saw her on Sharon Osbourne's daytime talk show and she had a roll of fat pushing her shirt outward. It was so unflattering that I was amazed they didn't film the interview from a different angle or have her stand up. I question whether the pictures of her in this thread are free of digital manipulation or airbrushing in general. I normally think she's attractive, but I was actually cringing a little when I saw her on that show.

They may be digitally manipulated, but I would also suspect that they are from when she was much younger. The King of Queens went on the air like 20 years ago...

Exactly, she's 47 now. I wouldn't expect her to look the same as when she was on Saved by the Bell

I did not know she was on Saved By the Bell. I had to check to verify you were right.

Yeah. I think that would be really disturbing to associate her appearance then with the word "hot".

I'm glad she was older in the bathing suit pictures.

Why is that disturbing? She was in her early 20's on that show and we're about the same age. Nothing wrong with that.

It's disturbing because she looks about 15 in that picture. That was probably the intent. I have no real disagreements with your points. The girl I love asked me out when she was 18. She tricked me. She acted like she was in her late 20's. It was more awkward for me than it was for her, but she's a 12 on a scale of 1-10, so I was smitten from day one.

I didn't know Robert Redford posted here.
I'm a big fan sir.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. I am buying ever 9.8 copy I can find where reasonable priced of a particular copy. I pay $100-$110 for CBCS/CGC and $50 for PGX. And donโ€™t ask what cover it is. My lips are ๐Ÿคซ.Hopefully we can all agree that the price of PGX is lower.๐Ÿ˜†

I use both CBCS/CGC. How ever, I premarily use CGC for submission as I just cannot get around with a TAT of 15 weeks and 25 weeks if you get it pressed. I have a few for pressing/grading whic( were submitted in December and pressing has yet to start. And no I donโ€™t pay extra for fast track unless I wish to be sure to be one of the first on the market of a particular issue.

Point being - we all have our reasons. That doesnโ€™t mean we have to trash the competitor.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I didn't know Robert Redford posted here.
I'm a big fan sir.

You lost me on that reply, but I figured it out.
When he posts, let me know.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I don't know who that is. But I will look it up.

Check out the movie, "Bound" with her and Jennifer Tilly.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Gina Gerson is sexy, but I absolutely never delete my Facebook message from Kari Wuhrer!

I delete almost everything else.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...

I highly doubt the OP owns 3 successful businesses.

Homeboy can't string a coherent sentence together, for one.

His apparently dumb posting style (by dumb I mean incoherent verbiage) looks deliberate to me....He posts pro-CGC and anti-CBCS talk on CBCS' so board, he could be acting the part of a fool to obscure his will full intent of bashing CBCS.

If that is the case, I do not think that he is a CGC employee. He would be a dealer who only sells CGC graded books.

His apparent idiocy would be an act, if my hunch is correct.

Or he is just a headcase.

I do not think he

I would be very surprised if he has subbed any books at all to CBCS, let alone 20K worth of silver.

My gut feeling is that VCBE is a shill account.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I will for a dollar

Damn, you're cheap! LOL!
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...

His apparently dumb posting style (by dumb I mean incoherent verbiage) looks deliberate to me....He posts pro-CGC and anti-CBCS talk on CBCS' so board, he could be acting the part of a fool to obscure his will full intent of bashing CBCS.

If that is the case, I do not think that he is a CGC employee. He would be a dealer who only sells CGC graded books.

I do not think he

I would be very surprised if he has subbed any books at all to CBCS, let alone 20K worth of silver.

I agree. I will put my 2 cents in too.

I Need! I Need! I Need! Gimmi Gimmi Gimmi. What a tool.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I do not think he

Maybe so. I believe he got into a tiff with kaptainmike the other day and claimed to be a personal trainer. I'm a gym rat and based on the other personal trainers I have known, it makes me think that if he does have 3 businesses, they are the kind that equal up to one regular paying job.

I will say this, if he his a personal trainer, I find his whole spiel about giving the customer what they want ironic. Because the personal trainers that I have known have been total dicks and totally pushed their clients into doing something they didn't want to do. It's kind of the nature of the job unless one is working with elite athletes.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do not think he

Maybe so. I believe he got into a tiff with kaptainmike the other day and claimed to be a personal trainer. I'm a gym rat and based on the other personal trainers I have known, it makes me think that if he does have 3 businesses, they are the kind that equal up to one regular paying job.

I will say this, if he his a personal trainer, I find his whole spiel about giving the customer what they want ironic. Because the personal trainers that I have known have been total dicks and totally pushed their clients into doing something they didn't want to do. It's kind of the nature of the job unless one is working with elite athletes.

I used to be a gym rat, in my mid 20's til mid/later 30's and yeah, I know that personal trainers have a tough time making a decent living. I looked into being a PT as a side job , and that was as far as I took it.

A PT who really sells himself, as you noted, can make a decent 40-50K a year but you have to build a client list and steadily reel them in with trendy schlep like Crossfit Olympic lifting based fads and so on, while avoiding a gym like Bally's, wherein you basically pay Bally's to work there IIRC.

He'd really have to be cranking out 80 hour weeks, to run 3 successful businesses like that.

Maybe he also takes a lot of stimulants and runs high dose test + tren cycles,as well..... that would explain his apparent fits of rage on this board.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 114 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know him from Adam. But what I do know, is that generally, people are so much cooler online.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Disappointed with Convention Booth Convenience Situation perhaps?

I'm not up to date with phrases the "me" generation uses
Post 116 IP   flag post
A personal trainer complaining about having to walk farther.
Post 117 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Instead of a personal trainer, perhaps he is a professional complainer?
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I was at a con once and Ditko, Kirby and Kane asked me if they could give me a free one off sketch. I almost said yes until I realized that their chairs were facing west so the sun would have been in my eyes while I waited. I passed on it and told them to get their act together.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol. Well played. What were they thinking!?
Post 120 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I loved her and Kevin James' acting in King of Queens. But their latest show together, (Kevin Can Wait). isn't very good. She has obviously had one or more of those Hollywood Face Lifts, and looks bad.

Nope. No plastic surgery. Just a LOT of botox. It's on the Internet.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
I don't know who that is. But I will look it up.

Check out the movie, "Bound" with her and Jennifer Tilly.

Jennifer Tilly. mmmm. She's so painfully hot. Just don't let her speak. Yikes!
Post 122 IP   flag post
I don't know- That voice saying the right words might be pretty hot too.
Post 123 IP   flag post
598084 123 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?