Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is always looking to add qualified and friendly people with good customer service skills to our staff.

Currently we are looking to hire for openings in our grading department. The open positions are for pre-graders, and graders for vintage and modern comics, as well as restoration detection. CBCS is also looking for professional individuals in our customer service and operations departments.

Available positions:
Comic book pre graders
Comic grader, Modern
Comic grader, Vintage
Order entry / Receiving
Customer Service
Operations – Shipping

CBCS offers competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits. These positions are located in our CBCS facility in St. Petersburg Florida facility. Some positions require up to 30% travel.

If you are interested in working for CBCS and believe you meet the qualifications please email your resume to Customerservice@cbcscomics.com

CBCS is an equal opportunity employer
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
If only I didn't live in the UK and had any relevant qualifications lol

So close I feel to getting the job
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
If only you'd open a west coast branch.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Texas. I would move back to Houston for a grading job.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon

No way! You guys might secede at any moment, then the shipping fees skyrocket!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon

No way! You guys might secede at any moment, then the shipping fees skyrocket!

LOL

I'm in Dallas but planning on moving back to Arkansas pretty soon - been away for 20 years. Of course my first Google was on LCS's in the area.

St. Petersburg would be
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
If I lived in Florida, I'd be on this like a fat kid on cake. Does CBCS assist in relocation?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys and gals have a no dealing in funny books clause?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Beige private msg quote post Address this user
I guess you only hire more staff if business is going through the roof.
I wonder what could have caused this upturn in fortunes for CBCS.....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
When are you going to open a place on the West Coast?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SecretCharacter private msg quote post Address this user
Maaaaan...

You guys really liked Colorado, right? Dry air, good moderate temperatures. You should open a branch here!

(Really though, if I was in Florida, I would jump on this in no time.)
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector JayLefler private msg quote post Address this user
If you ever need any DBA's or Tech guys...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SleepyZ private msg quote post Address this user
Oh boy, if only there were reqs for software engineering..

Best of luck to you fine folks on finding some great candidates!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Nc49er private msg quote post Address this user
How or who do we contact about the openings?
thanks
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Nc49er private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind I see it now !! Missed it when I 1st read it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige

damn thats a big dog
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nc49er
Never mind I see it now !! Missed it when I 1st read it.

If you missed seeing that then what are you gonna miss trying to grade a book? *rimshot*
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Beige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige

damn thats a big dog

That's not me or my dog - but it's an Anatolian Shepherd - I had one the same size - miss him, but just too powerful to live in a house.
They are actually used in Africa to guard Wild Big Cats from Poachers!
Mine was about 190cm and 100kg
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I could see a grading company such as CBCS opening another location, I'd vote for in Seattle as it would help pull a lot of business down from the Vancouver Canada area and surrounding areas. A full operation that could encapsulate the books here, as well as at the main base of operations in Florida. Would result in lower shipping costs for the consumer by sending to a west coast center and lighten the load on the Florida center and also result in books possibly being graded and returned to the customers even quicker. It's only a matter of time before one of the grading companies opens up a west coast location, might as well be CBCS. ;-)
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
I could see a grading company such as CBCS opening another location, I'd vote for in Seattle as it would help pull a lot of business down from the Vancouver Canada area and surrounding areas. A full operation that could encapsulate the books here, as well as at the main base of operations in Florida. Would result in lower shipping costs for the consumer by sending to a west coast center and lighten the load on the Florida center and also result in books possibly being graded and returned to the customers even quicker. It's only a matter of time before one of the grading companies opens up a west coast location, might as well be CBCS. ;-)

I would love a Seattle grading company, but of course I live in Seattle and am biased.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Don't open in California. The cost of running a business here is too expensive.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5

In order to handle the workload that CBCS has to contend with, I am wholly confident that CBCS graders consistently do all that is required of them.

There is no cause for a mirrored facility in another part of the country.With all due respect, I would say that neither CGC or CBCS will ever open a second facility.

Both companies will continue to expand and hire more staff, as needed, to keep production in line with consumer demand.

CBCS does not need a second facility to "draw in business" from Seattle, Canada, or anywhere else.

The overwhelming majority of books that CBCS and CGC grade & encapsulate are shipped to them from collectors world wide.And to a lesser degree, received at conventions.

You are completely overlooking the financial expense with opening & operating a second facility.

CBCS's operating expenses would be doubled.

There is the purchasing of additional encapsulation machinery, the rental of the second office & the work space involved in shipping/receiving and storage and encapsulation, doubling their workforce from customer service reps, pre-graders, graders,a finalizer (Borock cannot clone himself),
CBCS or CGC will never open up a second facility, there is literally no benefit for CBCS or CGC to do so.

This would cause a grading company to bleed money and it would all be done for reasons that are just about completely redundant.

How would CBCS (or CGC) cover and offset the 100% increase in operating costs?

There are no investors out there that would support such a venture, the cost in relation to the return would be ridiculously high.

That said, the cost of CBCS's grading fees would see a very large increase.

In turn, all but the most loyal of CBCS customers would turn to the competition to have their books graded.

At that point, CBCS would continue to lose even more money.Remember, their operating costs are now at 200%, so this would be a very hurtful to CBCS.

Now, they are screwed on several levels.

Ultimately, this would only benefit CGC.

It should go without saying that the roles here between CBCS and CGC are completely interchangable.

If either CGC or CBCS were to open a second facility, they would be doing their competition a very big favor.
Post 22 IP   flag post
We need more emoticons. Just sayin'.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CopperAgeKids hit the nail on the head.

I think a much better idea would be for CBCS to invest in a mobile encapsulation unit, so they can grade and encapsulate on site at Cons.
Post 24 IP   flag post
"The Slabmobile"
Post 25 IP   flag post
"The Encapsulator"
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

I think a much better idea would be for CBCS to invest in a mobile encapsulation unit, so they can grade and encapsulate on site at Cons.

Hey The_Curmudeon!
I am a CONS and I approve your idea.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Hey The_Curmudeon!
I am a CONS and I approve your idea.

+1

I vote "The Slabmobile" though.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
On site grading is the number one killer of turn around times due to the logistics and the amount of staff involved.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
On site grading is the number one killer of turn around times due to the logistics and the amount of staff involved.

Eh, just sayin'...CBCS is hiring more staff to deal with such potential issues.

Based on another comment you posted elsewhere on this forum, I think you just don't like onsite grading

...I remember you posting you had a Star Wars 1 that was graded onsite by CGC...and you resubbed it to CGC, and it came back a point or so higher.

One bad apple (or a marginally unsavory experience with onsite grading) doesn't ruin the batch.

Onsite grading will surely increase the number of submissions that CBCS receives at any given show, where onsite grading is offered.

From some of those submissions, CBCS is likely to have gained (repeat) customers, that they may have not had gained, if the customers were not drawn in by onsite grading.

If a show is big enough for CBCS to offer onsite grading, CGC will be at that same show, offering onsite grading.

To continue to increase CBCS's marketshare and brand visibility,CBCS needs to compete with CGC on all fronts.

That is why CBCS is hiring more people, across the board, in every department.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598088 79 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?