Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Conventions for April-May-June5857

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Jumping forward a bit to August but Terrificon has an awesome artist lineup this year.

In addition to many other great artists they have both Michilini and Frenz for any Spider-Man fans out there.

Problem with Terrific Con is that it takes place very close to Boston Comic Con.

The majority of dealers that set up at Boston, also set up at Terrific Con.

Basically, dealers' stock will be picked over at Terrific Con.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

If Big Apple doesn't wipe out my budget I'm going to check this one out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Jumping forward a bit to August but Terrificon has an awesome artist lineup this year.

In addition to many other great artists they have both Michilini and Frenz for any Spider-Man fans out there.

Problem with Terrific Con is that it takes place very close to Boston Comic Con.

The majority of dealers that set up at Boston, also set up at Terrific Con.

Basically, dealers' stock will be picked over at Terrific Con.

I only did the first two days of Terrificon last year and I was so busy getting autographs that I only had about an hour to shop for books. I remember looking at a lot of wall books but only buying a few.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone AWs headed to HeroesCon?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Anyone AWs headed to HeroesCon?
Post 30 IP   flag post

VA Comic Con in June looks solid.

VAComicCon.com

CBCS will be there, taking subs and witnessing sigs.

CGC SS Facilitators will also be there, check the CGC SS subforum for the names of the CGC SS Facilitators who will be there.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/48-the-signature-room/
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Rob's prices keep going up and up
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Rob's prices keep going up and up

Depends what he signs; just like McFarlane charges a premium on some books.

His signature commands one of the highest premiums out there , far as CGC and CBCS gold labels go on copper and ,moderns. Check GPA and GoCollect

He's right up there with McFarlane gold labels.

Liefld's fees increased last year or a few months back, right when he made the exclusive signing deal with CBCS.

There has been no announcement that his fee will be increased for the VA Comic Con.Given that CBCS AW's have posted Liefeld's signature fees for this con in June, about a month ago, it stands to reason that if there were to be an increase, it would have been reflected back when Leifeld was contracted to appear at this show....also, considering that his fees were increased when he made the exclusive signing arrangement with CBCS, there is no way he would double dip, in such a short period of time.
Post 33 IP   flag post
These are his prices for “Deadpool Day” at Frank & Sons

Post 34 IP   flag post
Okay....

What was the point of that post?

If you think Liefeld charges too much, don't give him books to sign.

Here is what I found on a recent McFarlane signing; the prices are in line with Liefeld's fees.

https://m.facebook.com/krscomics1/posts/1624018840998585:0

Liefeld may be 10% higher, I'd have to double check that....but if he is, I think that would be due to having 2 Deadpool movies and a Cable movie out within a 3 year span.

The characters he created make hundreds of millions of dollars in movie ticket and DVD sales....and his signature on a New Mutants 87 and 98 adds significantly more FMV, in high grade, than the $100 he charges.

And with him going exclusive to CBCS, factor those 3 things together, add in the fact he is one of the most popular artists working in comics....and the sum represents that.

It is only logical that he charges more than he did 3 or so years back.
Post 35 IP   flag post
The point of the post is to illustrate current prices. Thought it was obvious.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
The point of the post is to illustrate current prices. Thought it was obvious.

It seemed to me that your point was to "illustrate" your negatuve opinion that Liefield charges too much for his sigs/remarks.

Sure, I would prefer that he signs and sketches books for free, or charged a nominal $10 or $20 for a sig/head sketch.

I'd give him as many copies of as many New Mutants ,X-Force and Deadpool books as I could find, if that was the case.

That's not the case, so one should be judicious with books that are gien to him for sigs/remarks & slabbing.

Just don't give him a mid grade copy of New Mutants 100 and expect to make a profit.

Unless the book has personal significance to you.

His fees are a comparative bargain, in comparison to Frank Miller.Miller, whose name is bigger than Liefeld's, in terms of movie properties, charges proportionately to his level of pop culture success....As is the case with other creators whose characters' are commercially successful; see Liefeld and McFarlane.

Miller charges a minimum of $100 to sign any book, if I'm not mistaken.I think he has a sliding scale for his bigger keys, on top of that $100.

Cons charge a premium for giving people/fans access to Miller, at conventions

You can't just stand in line to meet Miller, talk to him for 30 seconds, and give him books to sign.

You have to pay for a ticket, just for a Miller "event", in addition to the admission ticket to a show.

http://baltimorecomiccon.com/2018/05/frank-miller-returns-to-baltimore-comic-con-in-2018/

I will be paying for that access to Miller at the Baltimore CC.

I will also be giving Liefeld a couple books to sign for CBCS gold labels at the VA CC, which won't cost a nickel.

I greatly prefer the VA Comic Con, in that respect.
Post 37 IP   flag post
AWs headed to Heroes Comic con?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Definitely! That's my hometown. I worked for Heroes back when I was a kid ... it was my first summer job.

Are you going? Also, what are AWs? I feel like I should be able to figure that out...

Anyone else from the forum gonna be there?
Post 39 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Liefeld's charges were higher than most when it cost me $30 per signature for X-Force 11 in 2016. Now the same book would cost $80 per signature.

$80 may sound like a lot but if Domino gets her own movie watch the price go up even more.

I would rather pay $80 for a signature on a book I can resell for a profit than to pay $20 for a signature on a book that no one wants.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

I'm reasonably sure the "Gold" package at Baltimore CC ($300) gets you early VIP admission (normally $165) PLUS 4 Miller autographs.
That comes out to $135 for 4 Frank Miller autos. I purchased right away before they realize a mistake might have been made. That's only $35 per auto.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I noticed GoCollect has X Force #11 listed as the real Domino's 2nd second appearance. What do you make of that?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Definitely!
Are you going? Also, what are AWs? I feel like I should be able to figure that out...

?

authorized witnesses.. that's to get your comics to recieve yellow label when getting graded.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
If your in the Rochester/Buffalo NY area Flower City Con is this weekend.
http://www.fc3roc.com/
CBCS will be attending this year. I’ll be working at a friends table (13th Verse Comics)
Stop by and say hello.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm afraid I'm going to miss the Fairfax Con.
Are there any other events coming up, local to DC area where CBCS (or the other guy) are accepting submissions?
Post 45 IP   flag post
I am going to start a JULY-AUGUST-SEPTEMBER THREAD.

#soon
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@drchaos I noticed GoCollect has X Force #11 listed as the real Domino's 2nd second appearance. What do you make of that?

That may be why I do not use GoCollect.
Post 47 IP   flag post
598019 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?