Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionQuestions

(PGM) 1969 DC WONDER WOMAN #180 Triple Cover5855

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
In this weeks installment of "Please grade my" (PGM) I present to you:

1969 DC Comics WONDER WOMAN #180
**Triple Cover**
Mid Grade.
Death of Steve Trevor.
Key issue.

An old lady wrote a small grocery list in cursive writing on inside most inner rear cover (if that makes any sense at all). I hope she got her dye, large rollers and lipstick. Cool book that tells a cool story.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Cover cleaned. There was terrible staining on covers, dirt, oil, and debris. Small tear upper left corner of frontmost cover. Wavy bends and creases on all 3 covers, scratches and color breaking creases. An old lady wrote a small grocery list in cursive writing on inside most inner rear cover (if that makes any sense at all). I hope she got her dye, large rollers and lipstick. Edgewear on right side and bottom edge with some tiny creasing. Centerfold attached at both staples. Spine has bumps, edgewear, back cover has a tear folded over, some sort of paper scuff from another book underneath, several wavy bends, and few crease lines. Dark staining/scuff on back cover lower left corner. Stains could not be completely removed without being too invasive or aggressive. Staples not rusty.
Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
That is not only very cool, but I can also say, I have never seen a triple cover error. Two, yes.....three, no.

Wow! thanks for posting, myke.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
All three covers will be graded, as well as the inside of the book (but that doesn't get noted on the label). Based on your description and photos, the second cover will receive the highest grade, and that's generally the real grade the book will get. The inner cover has a shopping list so it's probably a 4.0 at best, and the outside cover has tears and other issues as well. So I'm going to say the book will grade somewhere in the 6.0 to 7.0 range (but difficult to tell since we can't really see the whole of the second cover). A very cool book!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yeah I'm having trouble uploading all photos to this site.
Post 6 IP   flag post

Middle cover.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Book! Only had one book with more than one cover in my time collecting. Would have been very happy with a triple cover WW.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice...Curious why someone would write on the inside of the cover. My folks would write on anything laying around especially when talking on the phone and need to write a phone number / address. But odd to open a comic (or anything) in order to write something.

Makes me think of the movie "Christmas Story" where Ralph hides a Red Ryder ad in his moms magazine...maybe this was someones Christmas list that the kid would see at the end of the comic and "be tricked" into buying some of that stuff for his mom
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
REALLY cool!

Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT I voted your post up, not because of what you said but because I'm a Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster fan!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Thanks...My sis got me that Jedi Bumble years ago for Christmas...press his hand and he plays the Star Wars theme.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597868 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?