Odds and Ends Sale5808

Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Ah, the infamous F**K cover. Surprised this is still here.

Obviously it’s just plants.

I'm missing something. Where's the controversy?

Look next to the palm tree above the back of the tiger. See anything?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, ok. Thanks, @DavidM. 👍🏼
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Ah, the infamous F**K cover. Surprised this is still here.

Obviously it’s just plants.

Oh I agree, but some feel it was intentional, so the extra attention has made it slightly desirable for those who would be otherwise uninterested.

EDIT: This is from my book, not esaravo's. Ignore the spine tic

Post 53 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS - What could I post here that you’d be interested in? I thought you might want the Shadows. Are there any Kirby-done books or covers you are looking for? Old DC reader copies of something? Weird, short run series that most collectors have forgotten about (Rima, Arion, Shade, Aarak, Black Magic, Prez, etc.)

PS - Did you figure out what page Royer inked for BWS? I looked through my Marvel Treasury Edition #15 and maybe page 17 (Sonya’s face and hair) looked a little different.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Star Spangled War numbers: 152 (GD), 155 (G/VG - oxidation), and 183 (VG/FN); and Our Fighting Forces #124 (VG) for $10.

Post 55 IP   flag post

GI Combat issues: 118 (GD/VG), 135 (VG), and 141 (VG/FN) for $15.

Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS - What could I post here that you’d be interested in? I thought you might want the Shadows. Are there any Kirby-done books or covers you are looking for? Old DC reader copies of something? Weird, short run series that most collectors have forgotten about (Rima, Arion, Shade, Aarak, Black Magic, Prez, etc.)

PS - Did you figure out what page Royer inked for BWS? I looked through my Marvel Treasury Edition #15 and maybe page 17 (Sonya’s face and hair) looked a little different.

I'll try to put a list together. There's bound to a gap here and there. I do need a nice set of Fantasy Masterpieces (vol 1) 1-5.

I don't know which page number it is. I don't have my own copy yet (got one?)
When looking for his work, I always start with the female eye's, if there are any.
Post 57 IP   flag post
The following are being posted at the request of @MR_SigS. I have Fantasy Masterpieces #1-3. No. 1 has a few corner bends and creases; I would call it a 7.0. No. 2 has some corner rounding and a light bend bottom right corner; in the 7.0 to 8.0 range. No. 3 has some light bends typical with square-bound comics and a small (1/4”) tear back cover (next to paint brushes); probably in the 8.0/8.5 range. All have bright glossy covers and page quality OW (#1) or OW/W.

Post 58 IP   flag post
PM sent
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
always loved the Harold goes to Washington cover
Post 60 IP   flag post
601288 60 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?