Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Odds and Ends Sale5808

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hope everyone is enjoying their Saint Patrick's Day and feeling good enough to be looking for some comics to purchase. I have put together some packages at discounted prices of some odd-ball books that I have lying around.

For those you don't know me, I am a long-time collector and not a dealer. I don't sell on ebay and I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account. I have sold and/or traded books with dozens of great collectors on these forums for the last three years or so, many that I now consider friends. I try to be fair and I sincerely want everyone who purchases something to be satisfied with their books. I know how to package, and I ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking and insurance (I will not ship Media Mail). I only accept PayPal as payment and I will ship pretty much anywhere in the US for $10 (prices quoted do not include shipping).

It will take me some time to post the scans, so please be patient. The first "I'll take it" claims it. I will PM you to finalize the sale. These are packages of two or more comics, and I'd like to sell them that way. If no one claims a package after a few days and you are interested in some of the books, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. If anyone is looking for something in particular that you think I might have, feel free to ask. For this evening, I am posting mostly Silver Age DC's, Charltons, and Gold Keys that on average are in VG to FN condition.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
you dont own any VG/Fn books brother
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
First package - Scooby Doo (Gold Key) issues: #19 (VG/FN), #20 (GD/VG), #21 (VG/FN), #25 (VG/FN), #27 (VG/FN), and #29 (VG). $55 for the lot.

Bonus comics - no charge with this package - #8 and #13 (Whitman):

Post 3 IP   flag post
Next are three Charlton horror comics with Ditko covers and art. Ghostly Tales #83 (VG/FN) and #88 (VG/FN), and Haunted #5 (VG) for $15.

SOLD!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp #6 (FN) for $8.

Bonus comic - #8, no charge.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Strange Adventures #197 (GD) and #233 (VG/FN) for $6.

SOLD!

Post 6 IP   flag post
80 Page Giant #2 (VG), #3 (VG), and #14 (VG/FN) for $45.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Super DC Giant #S-20 (VG), S-22 (VG), S-24 (FN), and S-26 (VG) for $20.

Bonus at no charge #S-16.

Post 8 IP   flag post
How about some Gothic Romance? The Sinister House of Secret Love #2 (VG/FN), #3 (VG/FN), and #4 (VG/FN-) for $45.

Bonus comic - From Beyond the Unknown #24.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1 (VG), #2 (VG/FN), #3 (VG/FN), and #4 (VG/FN - ink scribble on cover) for $80 (these typically go for around $25-35 each in GD).

SOLD!

Gorgeous Jeff Jones grey-tone cover:

Bonus books - Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion #6, #8, and #15.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1 (VG), #2 (VG/FN), #3 (VG/FN), and #4 (VG/FN - ink scribble on cover) for $80 (these typically go for around $25-35 each in GD).

Gorgeous Jeff Jones grey-tone cover:

Bonus books - Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion #6, #8, and #15.

Gonna support your sale

Take it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks, @poka. I will check with the Post Office on Monday about shipping to Hong Kong.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
you dont own any VG/Fn books brother

Au contraire mon frere!

(Hey I got to use those French classes that I was required to take in college LOL)
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
got any tales from the crypt or vault of horror books
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
got any tales from the crypt or vault of horror books

I only own two EC horror comics. Both are slabbed and I wouldn't mind grabbing a few more myself. I saw that you picked up some nice raw copies recently. Made me jealous!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks, @poka. I will check with the Post Office on Monday about shipping to Hong Kong.
Hong Kong or US is fine. will pm you
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
If I was still in the buying business I would snag those Charlton/Ditko's

@esaravo cool stuff you got there, brutha!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

You’ve posted tons of great stuff. I would definitely consider a trade with you. Send me a PM.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

You’ve posted tons of great stuff. I would definitely consider a trade with you. Send me a PM.

Thank you very much for taking notice!

Just prior to 2016 I had 65 short boxes which is by no means a large collection. But early '16 I dumped 49 to thin the herd and what I have left I just can't bring myself to part right now. LOL

2023 I plan to start selling,... piece by piece. If I was just 10 years younger, I would be buying/trading with a lot of you guys here. Anyhow, sorry to OT your sales thread.

Let's get back to business here!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Strange Adventures, Charlton horror comics, and Dark Mansion are no longer available. Does anyone want me to post a few more items today?
Post 21 IP   flag post
yaaas
Post 22 IP   flag post
Okay, Kaptain, do you like Adams? How about a run of the Phantom Stranger with some classic Neal Adams covers? To misquote Matt Damon, “How do you like them Adams?”

Here are issues #’s 14 through 18. I’d put them in the VG range with a few in the VG/FN range. First $35 takes the lot.

SOLD!

Neal Adams version of the Swamp Thing?

Would you believe Brother Voodoo?

Old Man Xavier?

Drivin’ that train,...

What’s Kraken?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Okay, let’s try something different. A high grade (9.2 or better) run of Alien Legion #’s 1-4 from 1984. $10

SOLD!

Post 24 IP   flag post
Deputy Dawg Presents Dinky Duck and Hashimoto-San #1 (1965 Gold Key) in G/VG condition - $8.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
alien legion and phantom stranger
Post 26 IP   flag post
@donho - Thanks, they are yours. I will send you a PM later this evening.
Post 27 IP   flag post
A few more; two high grade runs of the Shadow. The first is the 1987 DC series with some all-time great covers by Sienkiewicz, Rogers, and Baker. Includes issues #’s 1-9, all should grade at least VF/NM with most higher. $40 for all 9 issues.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Here’s a few more of the Shadow. Issues #1, 3, and 4 of DC’s limited series from 1986 (how did I miss #2?); and the first issue of the 1987 Annual. Great Chaykin covers on all of them and again all will grade VF/NM or higher. All four for $16.

Post 29 IP   flag post
How about Strange Adventures featuring Adam Strange. These four books present nicely, but the collector I purchased them from had the bad habit of writing his purchase dates in ink on the bottom of the insides of the back covers. I have issues #220, 223, 224, and 225. I guess I would say VG for condition, but they look better than that (and a pair of outstanding Joe Kubert covers too). $15 for the four issues.

Beautiful cover with almost a Golden Age look to it.

Funny, I don’t remember this battle.

Never give a suped-up super vacuum to a blockhead.

Perhaps the inspiration for a scene from Independence Day?
Post 30 IP   flag post
598074 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?