Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Avengers: Infinity War Spoilers...5797

COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody catch it in the new IW trailer?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that’s just messed up! Obviously Black Panther should have the Soul Stone.
I have been betting on Infinity Gauntlet, Warlock, and Thanos books as speculation for a number of years. Two out of 3 so far.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn missed that
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Look at his eyes when he's struggling with Thanos. He's supposed to have blue eyesor dark eyes and they are yellow/gold as hell when he's holding into Thanos's hand
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't the yellow just be the reflection of the gold Infinity Gauntlet in his eyes?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ok let me look again. Brb
Post 6 IP   flag post
Man not sure
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Rufalo said that "everyone dies". Then was shushed.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said that "we need to kill off some characters and bring in some new ones", or something similar to that.

My guess is that everyone will die at the hands of Thanos, except Dr. Strange. Who can control time.

Thus how some will come back.

I still can not explain how Black Widow is in the mix at all. Sure, she could beat up Hulk Hogan. But any super villain? Maybe Batroc or the Toad. She should die first. Even if I do like just looking at her.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Mark Rufalo said that "everyone dies". Then was shushed.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said that "we need to kill off some characters and bring in some new ones", or something similar to that.

My guess is that everyone will die at the hands of Thanos, except Dr. Strange. Who can control time.

Thus how some will come back.

I still can not explain how Black Widow is in the mix at all. Sure, she could beat up Hulk Hogan. But any super villain? Maybe Batroc or the Toad. She should die first. Even if I do like just looking at her.

Everyone could die... and then be brought back with the Time stone.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, in make believe, anything is possible.

But the point I was making is that the Marvel Studio President said they need to get rid of some old established characters and bring in new characters that maybe no one has ever created yet.

As much as I like him. Captain America is old hat. Same with Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and a couple of other well established Marvel characters.

You just can't go up against space invaders or Thanos, using a bow and arrow or a 9mm.

It's been fun though for the last 50+ years.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Due to a complete absence in marketing materials (trailers, posters, no action figure or LEGO presence at NY Toy Fair) I'm guessing its RIP Hawkeye. No Ant-Man or Wasp either though, and they have a film coming out a month or two later, so there may be some wiggle room. Still, when Wong gets trailer/poster placement over Hawkeye...does not inspire much confidence in his survival.

Considering the contract(s) some of the actors/actresses have:

- Baron Mordo: Where the hell is Chiwetel Ejiofor (Baron Mordo)? I get it that he was butt-hurt w/ Doctor Strange over his use of the Time Stone, but if Thanos is going to eradicate half the planet, methinks he might want to get off his magical arse and do something. Plenty of time though, he's on the same multi-film contract as Cumberbatch.

- Steve Rodgers: Either/or. Could be done for, since Chris Evans has said repeatedly that he wants out, so they may transition to either Bucky-Cap or Falcon-Cap for IWp2. However, recently Evans said he would be willing to stick it out at least one film past IWp2, depending on the script.

- Black Widow: Is on a contract extension as is; but after the success of Wonder Woman, Kevin Feige has said several times that now might be a good time for a Black Widow stand-alone. That would be post-IW, which pairs up nicely w/ Mark Ruffalo's post IW remaining film if they want to do the BW/Hulk romance arc.

- Ant-Man & Wasp: Are on fresh four-film contracts, so w/ AM, IWp1, AM&W, & IWp2 pretty much guarantee they live through the end of the arc. It was weird they didn't get the six-film deal the mainline Avengers did, but perhaps Marvel wasn't willing to bet as heavy on a less-serious tone at that time. I assume they'll get contract riders for post IWp2.

- Thor: Contract is up w/ IWp2; but Chris Hemsworth has said repeatedly that he loves the role & will stay on so long as Disney wants to make Thor films.

- Loki: Tom Hiddleston's six film deal is up w/ IWp2. In fact, all the Thor folks are up after IWp2. Depends on the box office I suppose, but I'd like to see him stay on; especially if they could work in the Enchantress as part of his arc w/o running into issues w/ DC over the character name. Would probably have to cut a deal for exclusive rights to the name in film like they did w/ Captain Marvel.

- Hulk: Mark Ruffalo is on a six-film deal; cameo's don't count. So he's a contractually guaranteed IW survivor, with at least one film after IWp2.

- Hawkeye: The *only* thing saving Hawkeye is his six-film contract. If they kill him off in IW, they have to either buy out his remaining film, or do something stupid like clone him or a long flashback sequence (possible if BW gets an origin film). Either way, he might be done for, but not quite done.

- War Machine: Gweneth Paltrow let slip that she's enjoyed working w/ Don Cheadle on the IWp2 set. He's also under a six-film contract, so I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing War Machine around for a bit.

- Falcon: Anthony Mackie let slip that he already signed a second full contract; but didn't spill details. His original contract was for six, and he's been in 5 as of IW; so he has either six or seven remaining depending on if his new contract takes effect immediately, or following the completion of the original. This reinforces my thought(s) that Marvel is going to transition to Falcon-Cap after IW.

- Scarlet Witch: Six film contract. She's been in two. She'll be around for a while.

- Vision: Another guy who can't keep his mouth shut. He told an interviewer from Collider that he's already signed his new contract; so its another guy who'll be around past IWp2.

- Black Panther: Chadwick Boseman signed a five film contract. So he's due at least one post IW. Given the success of Black Panther, and if it can be replicated in goodwill towards the IW films, I assume he'll be given an open-ended contract & blank check privledges like RDJ.

- Spider Man: Six film contract w/ play-nice agreement between Sony & Marvel. That gives him three after IWp2 (Sony confirmed that Cap3 didn't count). The only issue is when his contract is up; Sony & Marvel would need to do another play-nice agreement to continue using Spider-Man. Or, Disney being Disney, they could just buy Sony Pictures & problem solved. Considering the financial issues Sony is having at the corporate level, that may not be an unattractive option.

- Doctor Strange: Six film contract, cameo's don't count (sorry Thor:Ragnarok). We'll have plenty of deadpan smarm for years to come.

- Captain Marvel: Six Film contract. 'Nuff said.

- Guardians of the Galaxy: Through IWp2 & Guardians 3. At that point they're all contractually done-for, and probably the end of that version of the guardians. Vin Diesel is picking up Valiant Comics Bloodshot film, Zoe Saldana's Avatar & Star Trek commitments will start filming around that time. I expect new blood w/ Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel, and whichever Avengers want to take a trip into space.

- Red Skull: Hugo Weaving did sign a six-part contract...and he's been just as vocal about never wanting to do a Marvel project ever again. I can't see them forcing someone who was unpleasant to work with to come back; easier to re-cast the role for someone who wants the job (SEE: Edward Norton, Terrence Howard).

- Winter Soldier: Nine film contract! Sebastian Stan went big. I'm betting on Bucky-Cap at some point, or US-Agent; either way he'll be around for a bit.

- Shuri: C'mon, after Black Panther? I bet they knocked the dust off the template for Sebastian Stan's nine film contract, filled in the blanks w/ "Letita Wright", and had that thing in the mail about two seconds after the opening weekend box office numbers came in. If RDJ decides to hang up the armor, or take a less-intensive cameo-centric role like Samuel L. Jackson, Shuri has Ironheart written all over.

- Valkyire: Again, a no-brainer after the positive reception Tessa Thomspon had in in Thor: Ragnarok. I'd assume she rides out both IW films & goes on to the next iteration of the Guardians, probably filling in Zoe Saldana's roster spot.

...did I miss any?

- Iron Man: Coin toss. RDJ has said that he's getting "too old" for the character, has a lot of other projects going that he'd like to focus on; then he turns around and says he's game for another entire phase as Iron Man. Disney is going to keep writing him blank checks, so his participation depends on how he feels on any given day.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Well I heard a rumor that Marvel's huge build up to Infinity War is going to then use the Time Stone and is going to bring everyone back to life... and then switch into Secret Wars.

Hawkeye isn't in the marketing stuff because he is changing into a new character, Ronin. They don't want to give that away. They have already given it away that Captain America is changing into Nomad.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Marvel Studio President said they need to get rid of some old established characters and bring in new characters

Contracts. It's hard to maintain a 15 year old contracts with dinosaurs like Downey Jr, Evans, and etc. They getting older, tired, and want more money. Makes sense and cheaper for Hollywood to bring in young guns for the young audiences perhaps?

This list below is a huge payroll for contracts on a 15 movie film committment from MCU producers. Do the maths and we are talking about MULT-MILLION dollar contracts per actor in just paying the actors.

That is a lot of contracts and a lot of stars:

Karen Gillan

Chadwick Boseman

Letitia Wright

Danai Gurira

Sebastian Stan

Scarlett Johansson

Chris Hemsworth

Elizabeth Olsen

Tom Holland

Linda Cardellini

Tom Hiddleston

Winston Duke

Benedict Cumberbatch

Chris Evans

Robert Downey Jr.

Kerry Condon

Zoe Saldana

Chris Pratt

Jon Favreau

Angela Bassett

Idris Elba

Pom Klementieff

Josh Brolin

Vin Diesel

Jeremy Renner

Paul Rudd

Bradley Cooper

Dave Bautista

Benicio Del Toro

Peter Dinklage

Paul Bettany

Florence Kasumba

Mark Ruffalo

Gwyneth Paltrow

Benedict Wong

Terry Notary

Anthony Mackie

Don Cheadle

Sean Gunn

Callan Mulvey

Tiffany Espensen

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor
Post 13 IP   flag post
600488 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?