Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

Moving Some Books Out Of My Collection5783

Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to get rid of some books from my collection to fund buying more books. I've lost interest in the 50 billion variant covers of modern books unless it is something I really really like. So, I'm now looking into getting some of the books I had when I was a kid and also late Golden to early Bronze age books.

I don't have a lot of graded books because it wasn't something I was interested in until the last year or so. I'll start with this one signed by Chad Hardin and Adam Hughes:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
how much..... ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
how much..... ?

What he said.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I've had a lot of people asking. I'm not sure what number to put on it so I'll say $250. If that seems crazy please let me know as I have no idea what it's value is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
$90 plus shipping

Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
I've had a lot of people asking. I'm not sure what number to put on it so I'll say $250. If that seems crazy please let me know as I have no idea what it's value is.

considering it's the german lootchest edition. What's the print run on that? It's not the regular 1:25 cover. I would say $40 for the book, $30 for hardin, $50 for hughes, and another 50 for grading, so what, like, $175? But you gotta have some meat on the bone too so $250 isn't crazy in my opinion.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
that metal 1 is pretty
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
"considering it's the german lootchest edition. What's the print run on that? It's not the regular 1:25 cover. I would say $40 for the book, $30 for hardin, $50 for hughes, and another 50 for grading, so what, like, $175? But you gotta have some meat on the bone too so $250 isn't crazy in my opinion."

PLUS Harley looks SMOKING CRAZY HOT

$300 sounds fair
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ

considering it's the german lootchest edition. What's the print run on that? It's not the regular 1:25 cover. I would say $40 for the book, $30 for hardin, $50 for hughes, and another 50 for grading, so what, like, $175? But you gotta have some meat on the bone too so $250 isn't crazy in my opinion.

It's actually not even the same book. The Harley Quinn Special is a German printing of the Harley Quinn Annual #1, which Chad Hardin was actually not involved with, though it does use Adam Hughes' original artwork, without the corporately mandated shorts

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
It's actually not even the same book. The Harley Quinn Special is a German printing of the Harley Quinn Annual #1, which Chad Hardin was actually not involved with, though it does use Adam Hughes' original artwork, without the corporately mandated shorts

What I said still applies, it's still a $40 book I would think, then add up all the sigs and grading fees... but still very cool nonetheless.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector agrkdj private msg quote post Address this user
$50 for Hughes? Since when?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Batman #1 - Dynamic Forces Jae Lee Sketch Variant - Signed by Jae Lee - CBCS 9.2 - $45 plus shipping

Post 12 IP   flag post
Wolverine #7 - Signed by Jae Lee - CBCS 9.6 - $40 plus shipping

Post 13 IP   flag post
Harley Quinn #1 - Cincinnati Comic Expo Variant Set - Signed by Chad Hardin - CBCS 9.8 Both - $175 plus shipping

Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcJ

At Boston Fan Expo, Tom King signed my copy and asked me who the figure in the bottom right corner was supposed to be. Shortly afterward when Jae Lee signed the book for me I asked him Tom's question. Lee said that it was supposed to be the Joker but he kind of messed it up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Interesting, I had no idea who it was either.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I thought it was joker. I like it
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
nice stuff
Post 18 IP   flag post
600782 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?