Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Misprinted Comic5766

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Hulk #191 (I think) off the newsstand with a double cover. I think it had Glorian & the Shaper in it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The story inside is complete.

But the all the pages are missing of said cover. Chicken/egg concept I guess.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The story inside is complete.

But the all the pages are missing of said cover. Chicken/egg concept I guess.

Well, the grade label is totally wrong. That isn't a Wolverine comic with Ghost Rider guts; it's a Ghost Rider comic with a Wolverine cover. The guts IS the comic. Or, are the comic. Whatever. Point is, the cover just advertises what's inside.

I'm really surprised CBCS made such an error. I wonder if they still do it that way.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few double covers. This is my oldest one. And it is a pedigree copy.

Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The only error I own (that I'm aware of) is a copy of Witchblade vs The Darkness 1/2 where the centerfold was incredibly off center and miscut, exposing the registration marks and losing nearly a page of the story

Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
The strangest misprinted comic I own has a Wolverine cover, but a Ghost Rider story inside. I bought it graded at an auction.

I've always thought it was a little weird how CBCS notates these books. Seeing as the indica is supposed to determine the book's title, shouldn't it be identified as the interior book with the label indicating that it has the wrong cover? Especially since work of the writer and artist written on the label isn't actually present
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of misprints, not production mistakes like double covers. Here is one I have shown before.

It is missing all color on the cover. Front and back. But the interior is "normal".

My misprint and how it is supposed to look.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieCPA4646
In all my years of purchasing comics (since 1966, maybe), I don't think I ever bought a book with a double cover,so, IMO, they must be pretty rare out there.

In the overall scheme of things this is true (millions of comics out there). But you can get some for reasonable prices. Go to ebay search and type in double cover and it will automatically take you to comics. There will be about 380 results. I then hit 'buy it now' button and it drops to around 350. Sort Lowest Price and you can pick up some for $10 or less. Watch out for the sellers that say "no double cover". Seems Punisher #57, Spiderman #98, and Batman foil #500 slipped several past quality control. I picked up around 10 different ones for a very reasonable price. Mind you these aren't going to soar in value, but for a cool comic book in your personal collection it's great! If you are looking investment grade you'll have to break out some extra Benjiis and do some homework. You're in the right Forum for that!!!😎
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
hard to find are the ones with a Quintuple Covers on them, and yes there are very rare. i would one day like to own a key issue with more than 3 covers. not mine

also there have been comics with 5 covers.

Post 34 IP   flag post
600880 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?