Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

And the winner is....(red goblin debut)5764

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i dont like buying doubles or triples of variants
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the red goblin hype is starting to subside on recent ebay sales.. As expected, while 798 is first full appearance there are way to many copies to save it from the dollar bin and the virgin cover is possibly cooling off too. 797 cold 796 cooling fast and 795 still holding its high value OK.

Will be interesting to see what will be considered the key must have comics in this run in a year or two.. There has been so many books over the last couple of months. Im being on 795, 796 comic xposure and no idea which of the 798 variants

But I won't be selling any of mine.. Got the ones I intend to keep
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
i wonder if the 797 Mayhew cover will retain its value long-term. Prob not much...
Post 78 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
i wonder if the 797 Mayhew cover will retain its value long-term. Prob not much...
will be interesting. Some regular 797 covers are being left unsold with $1 starting bid.. The scarcity of the Mayhew probably has value, but the actual issue does not have any.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
will be interesting. Some regular 797 covers are being left unsold with $1 starting bid.. The scarcity of the Mayhew probably has value, but the actual issue does not have any.

That's what I don't get about this variant craze....if the underlying book/story has little to no value/importance how can people reasonably expect the value to hold?
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
F the Red Goblin.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
F the Red Goblin.

Whoa brah. Don't be a hater!
Post 83 IP   flag post
What ever happened to S&M batman...are people still going crazy for him??
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
....if the underlying book/story has little to no value/importance how can people reasonably expect the value to hold?

if this were true then coverless comics would be a lot more value and covers not as crucial a part of the comic grade and thus value.

Good cover art sells.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:

Think I saw him on the cover of an upcoming comic...immortal men?
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
....if the underlying book/story has little to no value/importance how can people reasonably expect the value to hold?

if this were true then coverless comics would be a lot more value and covers not as crucial a part of the comic grade and thus value.

Good cover art sells.

No doubt that good cover art sells, just kind of think for a real win you need both. One without the other just isn't as good as those that have both and is likely to not hold value (if that is what you're looking for).
I like to read comics/series for the stories and art - if it is a popular story that other people like then maybe the "value" goes up...if others don't like it at least it was a good read - if the only thing driving the book though is a series of variants then....well...I already lived through the 90's (foil, glow in the dark, embossed/debossed, die cut etc.)
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Lol i think s&m batman is fantastic. But its still new to me so im scrambling to pick them all up.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfitch77
Quote:

Lol i think s&m batman is fantastic. But its still new to me so im scrambling to pick them all up.

I just got my #6 Frankie's Mattina variant today! But I'm done now with the BML's. Time for a break.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

That's what I don't get about this variant craze....if the underlying book/story has little to no value/importance how can people reasonably expect the value to hold?
agree.. For me, first propriety is key issue, then I try to get the coolest cover for that issue

Unless the cover itself is significant in some way.. First time artist draws a character or something.

The mayhew cover is terrible to look at imo, but that's a taste thing.. Its on a book with nothing happening inside.. Its just rare.... But some people pay lots for that
Post 90 IP   flag post
"New Character" being introduced in ASM 799...and it's not the Red Goblin...

Well...at least for this issue...

That's all I'll say. Will not spoil anymore...
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio question is - will the ASM #2xx heat up?😆
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good cover art sells.

No doubt that good cover art sells, just kind of think for a real win you need both. One without the other just isn't as good as those that have both and is likely to not hold value (if that is what you're looking for).
I like to read comics/series for the stories and art - if it is a popular story that other people like then maybe the "value" goes up...if others don't like it at least it was a good read - if the only thing driving the book though is a series of variants then....well...I already lived through the 90's (foil, glow in the dark, embossed/debossed, die cut etc.)

I will say the fact the ASM 797 homage cover sells for more raw than a graded 9.4 or better ASM 238 (w/tattoos) is just wrong. Would rather have the original.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Drogio question is - will the ASM #2xx heat up?😆

Already grabbed my NM 2xx on eBay...will look for more high grade copies at my lcs this week.

EDIT: 23 copies of ASM 2XX sold today...that's as many sales as in the past month prior.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Got mine
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
One of the sleeper covers may be Ramos this week, since it's an exceed variant. Midtown will have plenty, but a lot of retailers may not bother with it. It's a connecting variant, which you all know, but it's nice anyway! I mention it, though, because places "should" be selling it for cover price (many won't), some won't have it at all, and some will have limited quantities. It's a sweet spot, since it's not going to be a 1:10, 1:20, 1:100, whatever...

Anyway, this week is particularly cool, because it's his Red Goblin cover. While all of them connect, this one stands out.

Post 96 IP   flag post
@Drogio @Wraith so ASM 263 is now a $20+ book. Crazy 😜
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
What is the significance of ASM 263?
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM

It is the first appearance of a person appearing in ASM 799
Post 99 IP   flag post
It went from a $1-$4 book to $20+ overnight
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

And that said person is "playing dress up," putting on a costume that will raise some eyebrows...I still say he's going to a cosplay event...and this is not a big deal (snicker).

"Nothing to see here...keep moving along..."
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! 😀 I didn’t know that.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:

One is about to end on eBay...near mint $40 shipped 5 minutes remaining.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

One is about to end on eBay...near mint $40 shipped 5 minutes remaining.

Even more crazy
Post 104 IP   flag post
We need CFP to come back with a new crazy thread
Post 105 IP   flag post
598088 195 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?