Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

20% off CGC's new case regrading deadline576

COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
In consideration of our loyal, existing CBCS customers, we have decided to place a deadline on our 20% discounted rate for those CGC customers wishing to re-grade books that had been placed in the new CGC holder. The discount offer will end on July 1, any books in the new CGC holder that are received after July 1st will still be regraded but at our regular prices based on the appropriate tier.

CBCS is deeply concerned about these vulnerable books that are at risk; however, we feel an obligation to our existing customers to prevent our graders from being inundated with CGC “new holder” re-grades.

Once we find ourselves caught up and on-time we will revisit a program to assist those collectors who are still concerned about their prized comics in a CGC case. Until that time and effective July 1, those CGC customers wanting to crack their books out of CGC holders may still do so at our regular price.

Our existing and new clients have our sincere gratitude, and pledge to continue to grade your comics in a timely manner.

We hear you, and we know that without you, we would not exist.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Steve,
What about new CGC slabs that were sent to CFP to be removed, pressed, then passed along to CBCS? Would those be grandfathered in to the 20% off deal? I didn't really want to send wavy and fanned books for immediate regrading. Thank you for any clarification.

Mike
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ChrisInBaltimore private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that is super quick! I wish you'd made the announcement before I won a book in the CLink auction.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
A very good point Studley. In the case of CFP you are dealing with very long waits for services rendered. I hope Steve B addresses this quickly.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Steve,
What about new CGC slabs that were sent to CFP to be removed, pressed, then passed along to CBCS? Would those be grandfathered in to the 20% off deal? I didn't really want to send wavy and fanned books for immediate regrading. Thank you for any clarification.

Mike

I will discuss this with Steve. It would help if those who sent in books in the new CGC holder to contact me at joe@cfpcomics.com and put New CGC slabs in the subject line.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Tookers private msg quote post Address this user
Considering how CBCS usually handles things, I would bet that they will have no problem honoring this discount for anyone who has made movement in the direction of using the discount prior to July 1. I would send their customer service department an email stating your plan (either to receive a newly purchased book and send it on the CBCS for the re-grade, or to have a book sent directly from pressing to CBCS once they are ready). I would put CGC RE-GRADE on the subject line. There are still 10 days (8 business days) to take advantage of this offer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
My sketches were sent to cgc on 4/14. Ten days after the new holder came out. I haven't gotten them back yet. The AW who sent them in has told me to expect an email before they get mailed to me; haven't gotten that either. This 20% off will only apply to the people who were effected the first few days of the new case.

I WAS really impressed with cbcs for this offer.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
The question of pressing is a good one.

CBCS will honor the discount on any book that has been sent to and received by CFP by July 1st.

This offer is only extended to those books sent to CFP.

Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
Can I pay now for the discounted rate then send the books when i finally get them back from cgc?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

You still should be because they didn't HAVE to offer it at all.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus
Thank you very much for clarifying that, Steve! I appreciate it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

You still should be because they didn't HAVE to offer it at all.

your right something is better than nothing. so if the first week's of the new case's comics are the only ones to get this discount then good for them. The whole paying for grading twice is a little bit rougher for collectors rather than people whom make a job of it (for those people they'll just charge 30 more for the comic). Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will be returned before the end of the month or they will come out ok and i'll keep em in the wave machine.
Post 12 IP   flag post
or can cfp write me an invoice so this counts?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
It's not quite just the first week's cases. There have been tons of people posting about later subs they've gotten back. I'd guess all the fast track and walkthrough books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Mr_SigS is right, I was wrong. The offer at all is thoughtful of customers cgc has potentially screwed over.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600776 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?