Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Free books #2, you pay shipping only.5743

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
dc, independents, loved the micronauts and such you had the other posts. and the "obscure" ones like the nam, cops and such were fantastic. I basically like most comics. not so much the overproduced ones like the endless x titles and such, bat man, booster gold, blue beetle, and the like. heck I even love ones like lady death and an occasional Archie comics.

I am going to put together about 20 books especially picked for you. If you are willing to pay exact shipping charges.

If you agree to that, just private message me your name and address.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
to copperage and mrsigs I meant what ever the others did not claim like the roy rogers. not everything he had left. that is what I said, don't read anything else to what I wrote, I maybe wasn't clear enough. and I did post after it was said the roy rogers was still there. thank you
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
No problem Like I said, that's initially what I saw before over-analyzing it lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Don, we're all good. You have my apologies if any offense was taken, it wasn't intentional for sure.

Regarding the PM exchange you and I have gone over the last few days, I am still down to help you out with advice.šŸ˜Š
Post 29 IP   flag post
thanks guys just wanted to let you know that I was not one of "those" people.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I love and respect what @conditionfreak is doing. After he has gone through all his books I may have a few hundred I would be happy to give to the right home for free as well. I think its a nice gesture and Id love to follow in his lead. However, my readers are not 9.2's..more like 5's and 6's.

But to make sure I'm not jumping on his thread, I'll wait a few weeks and put some stuff together if anyone's interested..just PM me next wk so we don't bombard this thread
Post 31 IP   flag post
I just counted. I have 32 long boxes of raw comics left. Plus some in cabinet drawers. If I include the slabbed stuff and oversized books, it probably comes out to about 40 long boxes of comics.

How did I let it get to this point? I'm a reasonable guy. I have a decent head on my shoulders. Heck, I don't even read comic books.

I can't explain it. LOL
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Iā€™m a police officer and would love the cops comics if possible. Thx

I have a full set of Cops: The Job 1-4 early 90's Marvel mini series, all are around NM.

If you don't have it and would get a kick out of reading it, it's yours.

Since media on 4 books is like 2 bucks or whatever, and I'm not offering a ton of books, it's on me. (Long as you're in the USA or Canada).

Just PM me your shipping address and I'll ship Em out this week.

Not as cool as the futuristic Cops 1-15 series looks but you might dig them.
Post 33 IP   flag post
preaching to the choir my good man
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I just counted. I have 32 long boxes of raw comics left. Plus some in cabinet drawers. If I include the slabbed stuff and oversized books, it probably comes out to about 40 long boxes of comics.

How did I let it get to this point? I'm a reasonable guy. I have a decent head on my shoulders. Heck, I don't even read comic books.

I can't explain it. LOL
Have you considered swapping over into the half boxes? I figured it should be lighter and easier to file books in as more books are purchased and need to be filtered in. I hate when the long box gets too tight and then you have to keep shifting books down from one long box to the next. With having a couple extra short boxes on hand this will make it easier. I am currently switching all mine from long boxes to half boxes. Then I have the stick on index card holders to keep me organized. It is a work in progress.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Yes, it makes sense. But I am just going to move the bulk of what I have. Give some away. Sell some.

My goal is to just keep what is in a slab. I have just over 300 I think.

But some of my raw stuff would be hard to part with, for various reasons. Like my Silver Streak #NN. Not many of those around. I guess I should get it and others slabbed. Been waiting on CBCS to get their act together after the change over to Beckett.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak Oh, I am sure it would be hard to part with your raws. Especially ones you bought off the rack back in the day.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
+1000@cf
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
What an awesome thing for @conditionfreak to be doing.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes, it makes sense. But I am just going to move the bulk of what I have. Give some away. Sell some.

My goal is to just keep what is in a slab. I have just over 300 I think.

But some of my raw stuff would be hard to part with, for various reasons. Like my Silver Streak #NN. Not many of those around. I guess I should get it and others slabbed. Been waiting on CBCS to get their act together after the change over to Beckett.

I'd say research "long box of comics" sold listing on ebay.

Sellers like infinity comics and beatstuffcollectibles....basically use their style to love a long box at a time.

With a nice layout, expect an average of $100 per long...of commons. Throw in a a couple minor keys (max $20-$30 books.

Put shipping down as "economy" in the listing, flat at $20 in the US.

Worldwide offer 1st class uses air (which comes with full delivery confirmation. )
Post 40 IP   flag post
I think I have found a home for 25 boxes. Still working on it.

A gift to my single son. He wants them. He is the only of my three sons who collects and reads comic books. He also collects Transformer toys.

Still working out in my own mind what I want to keep and what I want to let go.

He is 38 and in 20 years, maybe some of this stuff will be worth something for him. Maybe not. But my wife will be happy either way. She wants another room in the house freed up.

Pretty sure I am going to keep the following runs for myself. Batman, Detective Comics, Iron Man's and Captain America's. Haven't made up my mind yet about X-Men.

I will also be keeping all of the golden and silver age stuff.

So he will be getting the ASM's, Spiderman's, Punishers, Wolverines. Hulk's, Action's, and everything else copper and modern.

My only concern is that he is single and lives in a house alone. But often he has friends over to party. One time $400 bucks disappeared from his dresser drawer during a party. He is 38 years old, and apparently a bachelor for life.

But once they are not mine. They are not mine.

(Man, this is gonna hurt).
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'd like to ask y'all something.

Would you recommend that I sell things like the Wolverine Limited Series, Punisher Limited series, Omega Men 3, Elektra 3 nude version, and ASM (McFarlane issues), and stuff like that. Before I give associated books to my son to keep for another twenty years?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Yes, sell all of those books ASAP.

That is an emphatic yes, btw.

Pressed and slabbed.

Punisher and wolvie have to be 9.6-9.8's, slabbed.

Otherwise, vf/nm sets catch a nice dollar in raw.

I know coppers like the back of my hand, brother.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Thanks for the opinion.

But if I do, it won't be slabbed. Takes too damn long. They are all probably 9.4/9.6 range. Nothing below a 9.2 and probably only a few would reach 9.8 unless pressed.

I ain't about top dollar. But I ain't a rube either.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My only concern is that he is single and lives in a house alone. But often he has friends over to party. One time $400 bucks disappeared from his dresser drawer during a party. He is 38 years old, and apparently a bachelor for life.

That sucks- I hate that shite on any level. When I was a teen our home was robbed while we were on vacation. Since then I probably started to overthink scenarios concerning security and how someone may try to break in depending on where I lived at the time, but I don't care.

I was going to describe my home/collection security set up, but remembered who I'm replying to LOL

Any measure of comfort is worth it. My grandson will be a teen soon, and that means teen friends. I've concluded he has no interest in my comics [yet], but I have three young granddaughters and a few nephews I can still try to 'corrupt'
While he understands their importance to me, he's almost too innocent for his own good, and I fear he may let slip what I have here while he's at school and the wrong kid overhears him, suddenly wanting to 'befriend' him. or at least making note of where where he lives.

It's terrifying what kids know these days, and I was thinking that as far back as '97.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks for the opinion.

But if I do, it won't be slabbed. Takes too damn long. They are all probably 9.4/9.6 range. Nothing below a 9.2 and probably only a few would reach 9.8 unless pressed.

I ain't about top dollar. But I ain't a rube either.

Gotcha.

The real bangers are both #1's....Also either Punisher limited #4 (or5) is the 1st microchip, which would be a a couple hundred in 9.8 as well.

The wolvie (limited series) black cover is also a banger in 9.8, forget which # it is.

If you can catch 9.8's on those guys, it'd be a drop in the bucket just buying raw vf's to replace the biggies i.e. raw sets of them are still good for like 100 per set with VF #1's.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak...if your son is a transformers guy...reach out to me when something is new and hard to find...my wife works at hasbro and if the shop carries it, she can get it at a much better price. I don't follow that stuff (go figure) ...but just let me know .
Post 47 IP   flag post
Thanks Watcher. I think he mostly collects Transformer Masterpiece toys. And the original G1 stuff.

And Thanks CAK. Your PM has given me lots to think about.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Popeye private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Yes, sell all of those books ASAP.

That is an emphatic yes, btw.

Pressed and slabbed.

Punisher and wolvie have to be 9.6-9.8's, slabbed.

Otherwise, vf/nm sets catch a nice dollar in raw.

I know coppers like the back of my hand, brother.

Why are you recommending he sells those books right away? Why do you think 20years would affect the selling of these comics then? I just want to understand you position here, since I have about 50 copper slabbed comics, like he mentioned and would like to keep them and sell in 20-25years or hand down to my my nephews. Thanks!
Post 49 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
bc he's always telling everyone to give books a CPR and pressing this and pressing that feliz navi blah
Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Punisher limited #4 (or5) is the 1st microchip, which would be a a couple hundred in 9.8 as well.

The wolvie (limited series) black cover is also a banger in 9.8, forget which # it is.

Black cover is #3, worth a few hundred at 9.8, not worth dump in less.

Way off on the punisher. I paid $10 for my NM+ raw, and here is one graded 9.8 on ebay now for $69 sitting there unsold

Quote:
I know coppers like the back of my hand, brothe

U sure? šŸ˜šŸ‘šŸ»
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Punisher limited #4 (or5) is the 1st microchip, which would be a a couple hundred in 9.8 as well.

Black cover is #3, worth a few hundred at 9.8, not worth dump in less.

Way off on the punisher. I paid $10 for my NM+ raw, and here is one graded 9.8 on ebay now for $69 sitting there unsold

Quote:
I know coppers like the back of my hand, brothe

U sure? šŸ˜šŸ‘šŸ»

Yes, I am.

I didn't say it was worth a few hundred, either.

Black cover (limited #3) last 9.8 was $265, 90 day average is $200.

Last sale in 9.6 was $103, 90 day at $77.

Hence my suggestion of only subbing copies (with fast tracked pressing) will come back at worst as a 9.6.

9.6-worst case scenario is double fast tracked slabbing/pressing fees.

But if you land a 9.8...like I said. It's a slammer.

WRT Punisher's:

I was talking about the limited series issue, not the regular, I did say "limited".Not "regular".

The Punisher you linked was a pump and dump book a few months back.

As I said, the banger (1st Microchip) was in the limited...#4 or #5.

I also said I wasn't sure if it was #4 or #5.

It is #5..just checked.

Last 9.8 at $185...90 day $173.

9.6 last at $65,90 day at $49.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I also said I was unsure about the Pun limited #4 or 5...I remember it being talked about over in the cgc forums coppers heating up thread, a year or so ago.

It was referred to as the legit 1st Micro...and the regular series #4 was referred to as a cash grab.

Which is what it was....at first, raw VF/NM to NM's were $20-$30 BIN's.

Now, it's a $10 book or less, shipped.

Slabbed 9.8's were a $100+, back than.

Now, it's cold.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think I have found a home for 25 boxes. Still working on it.

A gift to my single son. He wants them. He is the only of my three sons who collects and reads comic books. He also collects Transformer toys.

Still working out in my own mind what I want to keep and what I want to let go.

He is 38 and in 20 years, maybe some of this stuff will be worth something for him. Maybe not. But my wife will be happy either way. She wants another room in the house freed up.

Pretty sure I am going to keep the following runs for myself. Batman, Detective Comics, Iron Man's and Captain America's. Haven't made up my mind yet about X-Men.

I will also be keeping all of the golden and silver age stuff.

So he will be getting the ASM's, Spiderman's, Punishers, Wolverines. Hulk's, Action's, and everything else copper and modern.

But once they are not mine. They are not mine.

(Man, this is gonna hurt).

I missed this post yesterday, before I replied to your question about stabbing on here.

Hats off to you for doing this for your son, you're a damn good man,in my book.šŸ™

But considering his lifestyle, I'd hold onto the keys for him...cull a few hundred books out of those 25 longs i.e. The keys.

When he hits 50 or so, I'd give him those better books than. I'd be worried about them getting dinged up/downgraded by friends of his, with his current lifestyle.
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Black cover (limited #3) last 9.8 was $265, 90 day average is $200

Last ine I saw was a newsstand, super rare. Kicked myself for days when that one went by. I missed it šŸ˜•. Woulda paid that in a minute.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600788 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?