Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Best way to ship to CBCS?5733

Collector Thearrow private msg quote post Address this user
What is the best way/cheapest way to send to comics to CBCS. Would it be USPS, FED EX, UPS OR JUST HAND them in at a con?
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I roll mine into scroll shape,.load into a T-shirt air cannon using German WWII long range artillery technology. Measure the wind, adjust trajectory, and start firing.
Sadly, they have failed to say they have recieved any of my orders. However, satellite imagery from Google Earth shows the areas near CBCS are littered with paper.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
usps for faster shipping and better tracking, and if you have a con to hand them in then do that. then they get blame and have to cover the damages to your books.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Thearrow - For me, the most cost efficient way has been to place 10 or 15 bagged and boarded comics into a Gemini mailer, surrounded by bubble wrap, and placed inside a USPS Priority Mail Medium-Sized Flat Rate box. I like to mail on a Monday or Tuesday, so the package arrives at CBCS no later than Thursday or Friday. Priority Mail includes tracking and some insurance ($50), but you can purchase more. It typically costs me around $20 to $25 to ship comics to CBCS this way.

However, if CBCS is going to be at a convention near you, I would definitely fill out your submission on-line and bring your books and invoice to them. The money you save on shipping can cover your cost of admission to the convention.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Not sure about the cost.

That, or what esaravo said
I bomb proofed my books when I sold off some excess some years ago, and I'd do it the same way if I slab a book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thearrow
What is the best way/cheapest way to send to comics to CBCS. Would it be USPS, FED EX, UPS OR JUST HAND them in at a con?
Hand it in at the con for the win.
Post 6 IP   flag post
600882 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?