Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Jessica Jones - Season 25732

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

So I was a little surprised how little fanfare there was in the lead up to this considering how well received the first season was as well as for Krysten Ritter's portrayal of the character. This is also the first post-Defenders season for a character featured in that show (Punisher was the first Netflix Marvel series after Defenders but the character was not involved in that show so it was starting fresh).

I'm just about to start the first episode of season 2 but has anyone else started (or finished) the new episodes? Any thoughts? Where do you think the series and the Netflix universe go from here?

Let's keep spoilers light and announced well ahead of time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the first season. I did think they failed miserably with Nuke though. Krysten Ritter is frustratingly hot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Watching now!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia I thought Nuke was fine from a "this will be Nuke but isn't quite Nuke yet" standpoint. It would be cool to see him crossover into Daredevil and see him a bit more fully-formed, which could be the idea since Daredevil season 3 is supposedly tackling the Born Again storyline.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I'm still waiting for Bullseye
Post 5 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia I think we all are but I know the actresses who play Elektra and Karen Page aren't looking forward to it since his appearance likely means one of them will die.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Loved the first season. Probably start binging it tonight.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
About halfway thru. Good so far. I think everyone already knows where they are going with Patsy, but will be cool to see her in action. Who knows, she might segue into her own series?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Bullseye kicks ass. He is in Old man Hawkeye but looks a lot different in #2. They don't come out and say it but you can tell it is him.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
That Patsy song is going to be stuck in my head for a week.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Bullseye kicks ass. He is in Old man Hawkeye but looks a lot different in #2. They don't come out and say it but you can tell it is him.

I'm going to have to check it out now.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
First episode looked promising
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm going to have to check it out now.
I really like it. I put it on my pull list.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Krysten Ritter is frustratingly hot.

True but she has very very small boobies. (she gets a 8.5 Check mark)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Is it just me or does Trish’s boyfriend look distractingly similar to Jon Bernthal?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

They're perfect for her body type. They can't all be, and shouldn't be, DD's.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't started watching yet, been too busy w/ work; but I can't wait. I was hoping they would save Bullseye for Daredevil or Punisher, but I don't mind him making cameo or guest appearances. With Infinity War going down soon, I hope the later episodes either have a build up to, or aftermath from; something to tie the MCU & TV worlds together. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the TV characters move up to the MCU either; ideally I'd like to see The Thunderbolts in a film. The foundation(s) for a decent roster are there: Punisher, Venom (if Sony plays nice), Abomination, Vulture...
Post 17 IP   flag post
@BabaLament You bring up a good point. The Netflix shows have been frustratingly resistant to acknowleging the MCU movies exist, outside of a few scattered lines of dialogue.

This makes me wonder how they’re going to handle the events of Infinity War if they’re too big to ignore. I’m also curious, as the film is split in two parts, how the MCU material released in the gap between films will handle it. I guess part of that depends on how much of Infinity War takes place on Earth, how localized the events are, and if the films will be one continuous story just split in two or if they will represent some extended lapse of time (days, weeks, months).

I’d love to see some of Marvel’s tv characters make appearances in the films and vice versa; mostly to see Black Widow and Daredevil share the screen. I’ve lomg felt that if the movies’ Black Widow won’t make an appearance on tv, the tv shows should introduce the second (or third, depending on how you’re counting) Black Widow, Yelena Belova, to provide some spy action on the tv shows.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are deliberately slow-rolling the MCU/TV interaction until after infinity war for two reasons. First, contracts; they want to see who’s going to be around and at what price, to see if further integration is possible/affordable. Second, the pending deployment of Disney Streaming; no reason to give Netflix a boost by having high dollar talent cameo or guest when it would be better served as a hook to get people to switch to the in-house streaming service.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@BabaLament I think I’m going to have to disagree with your reasoning. Agents of SHIELD has in the past interacted, or at least acknowledged the events of the movies, directly tackling the events of Winter Soldier and guest starring Nick Fury and Sif. Basically, tv shows could interact or respond to the movies without involving characters from the movies or requiring a long-term commitment from it’s actors. I think it’s more a case of the netflix shows, either by contract or by the desires of it’s showrunners to stand apart from the movies and not letting them so directly dictate the content of their shows. This is something we’ve also seen with Fox’s mutant-related tv shows.

As for Disney streaming, while they have announced that it will include a Marvel live-action series, they have also stated that the platform will be family friendly and lack any R-rated content, which they will continue to license to other providers, so it seems unlikely that the Netflix shows, which are very much for a mature audience, will be direct competition for Disney’s nee Marvel show. Additionally, Disney’s streaming service isn’t expected to launch until late 2019 and even then, no guarantee that the new Marvel show will launch with the new service on day one, meaning at least four years since the Netflix universe began so if they had done some interaction with the films or guest stars, a bump from something like that would have disippated long before it could pose a threat to any Disney streaming exclusive Marvel show.

I’d say that the reluctance to cross over is, again, the showrunners wanting to keep their shows distinct and not beholden or overshadowed by the events in the films and definitely logistics to some point as scheduling actors (both movie and Netflix actors are constantly working on other projects) and being able to afford them for more than a brief appearance may not be worth it for the smaller budget shows.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Gentlemen, I must say that I redpectfully disagree with both of you on your commentary regarding Ms. Ritter.

She used to be frustratingly hot.

She lost a good bit of weight since she was on Breaking Bad. I think she than went on to lose even more weight between season 1 and 2 of Alias were filmed.

Dunno but being conservative, I'd guess she lost close to 15-20 pounds since she was on Breaking Bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if her weight loss was more than 20 pounds, since she was in Breaking Bad.

Back than, she was frustratingly hot and cute AF.

Now, her facial features look fairly gaunt and drawn out. Body wise..rail thin isn't my thing.

She ooks like she could use a good nutritionist, her body fat percentage is scary low.

Home girl is cute and all, but she be lookin' like Skeletor wifey material.

Nothing that adding on a few spoonfuls of peanut butter
onto whatever diet that her agent or an abusive ex b/f got into her head...but yeah, home girl needs to be eating 500-1000 more calories a day to get back to her former glory.

Just sayin'.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Shameless plug lol
My review is below
(1 spoiler i will give is ... I didn't think it was that great)

Post 22 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids I only watched a couple episodes of Breaking Bad. I was not aware that she was on there.I may have to check it out. I agree that she does seem a bit thin.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to watching it, but must finish Peaky Blinders first. Ton of great TV on these days.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids I only watched a couple episodes of Breaking Bad. I was not aware that she was on there.I may have to check it out. I agree that she does seem a bit thin.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Shameless plug lol
My review is below

**Minor Spoilers**
I definitely think it had issues. Unlike other critics, I felt the first half was stronger, as Jessica tried to figure out why people were being killed and why, and then the show spun it’s wheels far to much in the second half, which seemed to drag on and repeat the same emotional and story beats before ending abruptly.

That said, I felt it was well acted and produced and even the writing, outside of the overarcing plot missteps, remains strong within the episodes themselves.

What really annoyed me is that they pretty much wasted, what was a decent start to a future Nuke character, for very little payoff in this season
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, the first half of the season was decent. Second half? Snoozefest.

Pretty disappointed.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Shameless plug lol
My review is below

**Minor Spoilers**
I definitely think it had issues. Unlike other critics, I felt the first half was stronger, as Jessica tried to figure out why people were being killed and why, and then the show spun it’s wheels far to much in the second half, which seemed to drag on and repeat the same emotional and story beats before ending abruptly.

That said, I felt it was well acted and produced and even the writing, outside of the overarcing plot missteps, remains strong within the episodes themselves.

What really annoyed me is that they pretty much wasted, what was a decent start to a future Nuke character, for very little payoff in this season

Agreed.

I hope the death of Simpson in Jessica Jones, does not mean that Born Again will no longer be the premise of the next season of Netflix's Daredevil. While never confirmed, that was my understanding and would make sense IMO.

The character Nuke from,Millers' Born Again, run was virtually nothing like Simpson in Jessica Jones.

I actually think using a character based on Nuke was a marketing ploy by Netflix to get more hits/views on the first season of Jessica Jones.

It is not as if a more true to form Nuke (a roided up, drugged/brainwashed soldier who had surgically enhanced skin and so on) would make Netflix's Daredevil actually worth watching.

Hand, Stick and Electra may be on Netflix's Elektra, but it all totally misses Miller's mark.
Post 28 IP   flag post
600701 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?