Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Mail Call - TGIF Edition5730

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these books I submitted at the Rhode Island show in November. CBCS tried to deliver them last week while I was away on vacation. Really disappointed with the grade on the Nellie the Nurse # 1, was expecting about a 5.0. The ASM book got a 9.0, didn't realize the grade got cut off in the picture until I uploaded it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
nice planet 56!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I see Deadman!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
nice planet 56!
That grade was also disappointing. Seller had the raw as ab6.5 when I bought it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos very sweet haul

That "Worlds Of Fear" really grabs my EYES
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Hey Corey, my order from RICC was delivered today too! For some reason (maybe the storms here had something to do with it) they left CBCS last Thursday, so they took over a week to be delivered.

I have always loved the cover of that Planet Comics. I remember you showing me that Nellie the Nurse and from what I remember, it looked a lot better than a 3.0. Do the notes say anything about interior or rear cover problems? Staining can also knock a grade down pretty hard.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - Hey Corey, my order from RICC was delivered today too! For some reason (maybe the storms here had something to do with it) they left CBCS last Thursday, so they took over a week to be delivered.

I have always loved the cover of that Planet Comics. I remember you showing me that Nellie the Nurse and from what I remember, it looked a lot better than a 3.0. Do the notes say anything about interior or rear cover problems? Staining can also knock a grade down pretty hard.
I am going to look over the book with my pressing guy this weekend to see if it makes any sense to crack it and send it to the other guys for regrading.

From three or four of the gradea I strongly suspect the grader's girlfriend dumped him the day before he got a hold of my books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Just got these books I submitted at the Rhode Island show in November. CBCS tried to deliver them last week while I was away on vacation.

Nice books! You know, Neal Adams also did the interior art on that Deadman / Strange Adventures. Did you know he left a secret message inside for his buddy Jim Steranko?
Post 8 IP   flag post
The following books have been listed and are available in my eBay store:

Amazing Spider-Man (1963) # 84 - CBCS 9.0 - $145.00

Showcase (1956) # 23 - CBCS 4.0 - $380.00

The Spectre! (1967) # 10 - CBCS 9.4 - $135.00

Wonder Woman (1942) # 20 - CBCS 5.5 - $375.00
Post 9 IP   flag post
598065 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?