Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Comic Book Recommendations5723

Collector kbutcher private msg quote post Address this user
I want to get my wife into reading comics. Any recommendations for someone who loves mary higgins clark books?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Bitch Planet
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@kbutcher So I’m not 100% familiar with Mary Higgins Clark’s style but leaning on the side of mysteries and suspense:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Watchmen

Batman: The Long Halloween

Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the recommendations!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's a bad idea to try and push comics on someone. I think it's better to let books inspire people on their own. My girlfriend likes comics... but not the ones that everyone tells her she ~should~ like.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I think it's a bad idea to try and push comics on someone. I think it's better to let books inspire people on their own. My girlfriend likes comics... but not the ones that everyone tells her she ~should~ like.

What do they tell her?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Depends what they like

My wife likes Lenore also Y-The last Man and Paper Girls
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I agree and I don’t think anyone is trying to push anything. I’m just looking for help finding something that may inspire her. And I truly appreciate everyone’s input.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

What do they tell her?

They tell her to draw.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbutcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I agree and I don’t think anyone is trying to push anything. I’m just looking for help finding something that may inspire her. And I truly appreciate everyone’s input.

Does she comment on anything you own? Does she watch cartoons?

Manga?

Is there a TV show that she really likes and has a comic adaption?

You should know what she likes.
Some people just aren't going to be interested.
Someone who already likes art might be more likely to pick one up and thumb through one.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I agree not to push the comic media on anybody. But exposing the media of various genre's can plant the seed. It's up to the media itself to fertilize the seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
They tell her to draw.

This is your girlfriend's work?... I like it!

Got anymore?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I agree not to push the comic media on anybody. But exposing the media of various genre's can plant the seed. It's up to the media itself to fertilize the seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
They tell her to draw.

This is your girlfriend's work?... I like it!

Got anymore?

Yes. She's been practicing in different styles and mediums. I'm trying to coax her into publishing an art book. I don't want to fill up the messageboard. I can't get her to draw a comic for me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600667 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?