Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCScomics Youtube Channel...572

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
It is a gratifying thing to be able to look at the last two years starting when CBCS launched. When CBCS opened its doors we easily became the hottest topic of discussion in the industry. One might say that the launching of CBCS dominated the industry as collectors, dealers and competition adjusted to our presence in the marketplace. The industry immediately drew comparisons between CBCS and CGC, highlighting differences in our services, products, pricing and cultures.

There was a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt in the marketplace when CBCS first opened our doors. Collectors and dealers now had a choice of grading companies, and there was an ongoing debate about the pros and cons of each company.

The launch of CGC’s new holder has eclipsed that two-year debate in terms of attention and polarizing impacts. CGC, after years of complacency was forced to redesign their holder, for two very important reasons. First, because when CBCS launched we did so with a well-engineered holder that offered both protection and a crystal clear showcase for comics. CGC had to try to keep up. The second, is that CGC’s plastic supplier stopped manufacturing Barex plastic, forcing the issue.

Two years after our launch, the industry is once again looking at our two companies and drawing comparisons, this time the focus is on our holders. Unlike CGC the CBCS holder does not need to be defended, nor do we have to shy away from, and suppress discussions regarding the quality, clarity and unparalleled protection our holder offers.

We are proud of the CBCS holder and the engineering, and testing that went into its creation. We invite you to watch the first part of a video series we made, highlighting the benefits of our case.

Enjoy

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations for putting together a fantastic business module and getting off the ground.

I wish you many years of success.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
An inner well you say? No unnecessary pressure on the book you say? I'm sold. All kidding aside, I applaud you all for being a stand up group.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! I was hoping you guys would start a YouTube channel. And that video did a good job of pointing out everything wrong with CGC's case while remaining professional and not putting them on blast. Any chance we can get a video tour of the CBCS facilities?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Yay! I was hoping you guys would start a YouTube channel. And that video did a good job of pointing out everything wrong with CGC's case while remaining professional and not putting them on blast. Any chance we can get a video tour of the CBCS facilities?


So this is a thing? lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Love it!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Yay! I was hoping you guys would start a YouTube channel. And that video did a good job of pointing out everything wrong with CGC's case while remaining professional and not putting them on blast. Any chance we can get a video tour of the CBCS facilities?


So this is a thing? lol

The lingo these kids use nowadays lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Hero_Restoration private msg quote post Address this user
If that doesn't qualify as a burn, I don't know what does.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
More professionally produced than the competition's video and better pointers as to why it's the superior case .. I didn't need to be sold on it anyhow, but .. WOW! Excellent start to the Youtube channel! Well done, CBCS!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Great Video and explains how CBCS is taking the hobby a lot of folks love to better invest there books or resale. This is another reason that I never was a member with CGC and a huge fan of CBCS Comics. Keep up the great work and be sending some more comics in a couple of weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Thorrodin private msg quote post Address this user
Well done!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Fix your forum
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I was sold before with CGC's horrible way of treating the customers and saying we were fabricating evidence of the new cases damaging out books.

This new video just solidifies why you deserve my business.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
I was sold before with CGC's horrible way of treating the customers and saying we were fabricating evidence of the new cases damaging out books.

This new video just solidifies why you deserve my business.


That's a good point. Do you think CGC is going to come out and say that the video is a lie? They might say that pressure on the book is not a bad thing and doesn't damage the book and have seen no evidence of this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
I was sold before with CGC's horrible way of treating the customers and saying we were fabricating evidence of the new cases damaging out books.

This new video just solidifies why you deserve my business.


That's a good point. Do you think CGC is going to come out and say that the video is a lie? They might say that pressure on the book is not a bad thing and doesn't damage the book and have seen no evidence of this.


It would make for an interesting week if they did.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
They are apparently making an official statement tomorrow
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Even if they admit that they see waves forming, one of the Mods will be standing by to poof the thread.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
They are making an official statement to deflect the statement from said statement, tomorrow.

Or perhaps not. They lie, may as well make lairs out of everyone who tries to relay what they say
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
In other news today: CGC released a statement that they would soon be putting out a press release, announcing a future announcement, about something, at an upcoming date, sometime.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector SleepyZ private msg quote post Address this user
You guys have a product that stands on its own, but I did have to chuckle while watching the video. Salting those wounds up real nice-like.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Point6God private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent video Steve, something that retailers/dealers can even show a complete neophyte to collecting. What other type of videos can we expect?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your transparency, figuratively and well... also literally.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector sterlingcomics private msg quote post Address this user
So, what's controversial about micro chamber paper?
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingcomics
So, what's controversial about micro chamber paper?

It's long term benefits are questionable, and it could possibly leave indentations in the comic paper over time if under enough pressure.

Personally I use MC paper in my raw books.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JeepinJesterJon private msg quote post Address this user
I never thought they could take a item of beauty and make it a item of perfection. I just didn't think that was possible anymore. Two thumbs up CBCS. I would give 3 but I only have 2 hands. haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
184546 27 27
destitute