Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

YOUR MOST VALUABLE COMIC5681

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
That's graded from before everyone was pressing books, right? Wow... wonder what that would press and grade at now!

Yup, I was thinking of cracking it open and doing just what you're thinking too It would be interesting to find out if it bumps up a grade.

Both of you two should have your X-Men 1's CPR'd.
Post 76 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@Badger BTW, post that runner up! Love that All Select.
Here's my possible runner up

FANTASTIC!...how could I have missed this one on the newsstand?

Marty
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@Badger BTW, post that runner up! Love that All Select.
Here's my possible runner up
Man, Hangman #3 is such a great book! Here's my runner up.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Pretty sure that only archival tape is the deciding factor on whether a book gets a Restored label.

Tape will not get you a restored label, no matter the type.

I have seen several books with PLOD labels that had no CT , tear seals or any other forms of resto.

All they had was tape.

Haven't seen the same on older CBCS slabs but it is not as easy to tell as the label color stays blue.

But yeah, the stance on tape has changed more recently.

I do not believe the stance on Archival tape has changed as much though.
Sorry but you are mistaken. CGC has never considered tape of any kind, or amount, restoration; regardless, CGC and CBCS do not currently consider tape, restoration. If I am wrong, feel free to post a book in a restored label with only tape. In the meantime here is CGC's offical, current, stance on tape. See 1:18 into the video.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Overstreet copy.

Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Overstreet copy.

Very cool! Never seen this one before.
Post 81 IP   flag post
My most valuable by quite a bit. Purchased it raw one year ago. Was sold by mycomicshop years ago as a 3.0.

I personally drove 4 hours round trip to Sweet Home, Oregon for Mike Dechellis to press it, he did a great job.

Seems like the values on 3.5’s are hovering around 17-20 but I have no clue what a Kirby/Lee signed copy could possibly fetch now.

I’ve dreamed of adding Ditko someday but I have vivid dreams and an active imagination.

Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
My most valuable by quite a bit. Purchased it raw one year ago. Was sold by mycomicshop years ago as a 3.0.

I personally drove 4 hours round trip to Sweet Home, Oregon for Mike Dechellis to press it, he did a great job.

Seems like the values on 3.5’s are hovering around 17-20 but I have no clue what a Kirby/Lee signed copy could possibly fetch now.

I’ve dreamed of adding Ditko someday but I have vivid dreams and an active imagination.

That is Awesome!!
Post 83 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
Quote:

That is Awesome!!

+1 Awesome Indeed!

I'm not a sig collector, but a Ditko would make this copy totally complete.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I would never turn down a Steve Ditko signature. It's almost as rare as a Ditko photograph.

Post 85 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Probably tha Batman Adventure 12 - a few spine ticks ( 9.4/9.6 as is? press might help?)

Shout out to Carlos at Gotham Comics - turned me onto this book like a decade ago - got mine for $30

Or this one - one of the first 2 or 3 books I ever submitted - remember being upset that the grade fee was more than the book - think I paid $50 to $70 for this - will never get to 8.0 but should press to 7.5

Have others that might go for more that $700 to $1000 - depends if I ever got them graded and they pulled a 9.8 - people are crazy (batman 232, New Teen Titans 2 , NYX 3 cover price!, B&B 54x2 no higher than 6.5, Teen Titan #1 x2 highest 8.5?)

Hands down my most valuable run is Teen Titans from Brave and Bold 54 through to the first few issues of the 1984 series
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I would never turn down a Steve Ditko signature. It's almost as rare as a Ditko photograph.

Ditko's art seems to have some resemblance to his photo...
How Classically Cool!

As I stated earlier, I'm not a sig collector, but would I crack open my ASM 1 if I had the opportunity for a Ditko sig?... HELL YEAH!. But on the splash page of course.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

How Classically Cool!

As I stated earlier, I'm not a sig collector, but would I crack open my ASM 1 if I had the opportunity for a Ditko sig?... HELL YEAH!. But on the splash page of course.

Of course.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user

Pretty Much my most expensive book! One of my coolest too!
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

How Classically Cool!

Of course.

The completest in me would rejoice for the historical significance not to mention the added value. However I have come to accept it will most likely never happen.

I don't want to completely divert the attention away from the OP topic but for what can be said about Ditko's impact on the medium, I just cant wrap my head around why he doesn't sign anything ever! Not to bash the guy, to each is own but he could offer a limited amount of signatures every year. Even if he didn't want to keep the money for himself, he could freaking hand it down to his kids or family or charity. Idk, I respect his contributions as a creator but I think some of his personal philosophies are strange and bleak.
Post 91 IP   flag post

First print and signed by Kevin and Peter
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by docstrange

Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Very cool! I'm green with envy sir What is the story? Are you the orig. owner? Did you have it signed or buy it that way?
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Very cool! I'm green with envy sir What is the story? Are you the orig. owner? Did you have it signed or buy it that way?

Went to the San Diego comic con back in 1987 Kevin and Peter were both there looked for a first print TMNT which I found ONLY 1 copy paid $20 had them sign it boughtTMNT# 2-8 First Prints and had them sign and sketch those also, went back in 1989 and bought art (not by them)

still have everything but I page which I sold for $200 a few years back
Post 95 IP   flag post

Favorite EC cover
Post 96 IP   flag post
I believe I could consider this as a second "most valuable"

OO

mm
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I know its not as big as what you guys have but here are my FF 45, 46 and I also Have Marvel Spotlight 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 in 8.5 to 9.4. Still looking for a well priced Marvel Spotlight 5 or a trade.

Post 98 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The completest in me would rejoice for the historical significance not to mention the added value. However I have come to accept it will most likely never happen.

I don't want to completely divert the attention away from the OP topic but for what can be said about Ditko's impact on the medium, I just cant wrap my head around why he doesn't sign anything ever! Not to bash the guy, to each is own but he could offer a limited amount of signatures every year. Even if he didn't want to keep the money for himself, he could freaking hand it down to his kids or family or charity. Idk, I respect his contributions as a creator but I think some of his personal philosophies are strange and bleak.

I don't mind digressing. Pablo Picasso, later in life, hating signing things. His signature was literally worth thousands of dollars. On day, on the beach, this kid came up and asked for his autograph. Now the kid was only 5 or 6, so no way he knew who "Picasso" was. He figured the father had sent the kid over, in hopes of getting a valuable signature.

So Picasso said "Sure!" He got out a marker, turned the kid around, and wrote a big, bold signature across the kid's back. And enjoyed the dilemma of the father having to watch thousands of dollars slowly fade away...

Picasso's pal Salvador Dali took a different tack towards signatures. Instead of never signing things, he ALWAYS signed them. And he had over 150 different ways of signing his name. AND, he routinely ran off thousands of his own "counterfeit" copies of his drawings and etchings, flooding the market to ensure that none would have ridiculous value just based on scarcity.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
I believe I could consider this as a second "most valuable"

OO

mm
Gem Marty!
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector BM_Cruz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
If we're tossing in runner ups, this is my 2nd and (a quick GoCollect check says) 3rd (T).

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
i'm in the same boat, just different cabin as Odins Raven...here is mine..
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
After going through my collection I've found that the most
valuable (monetarily) comic in my collection is a graded
copy of THE SPIRIT #22.

OO

mm

It appears that the 4.5 graded copy was sold for $2,750.00 on
COMICLINK...guess the estimated value for my copy of $2,500.00
was a little low.

Marty
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a couple of my most valuable...nothing too impressive lol

My top 9. The majority of these I got SUPER cheap

Has some rat chew damage, but still very awesome

Recent pickup of mine

2018 birthday gift to myself

Post 105 IP   flag post
600908 137 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?