Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Should I open my ASM 700 for signatures?5659

Collector ronvaughan private msg quote post Address this user
I have a 9.8 Amazing Spider-man 700 currently unsigned. Trinity comics has a signing with Stan Lee coming up and then they are going to be at C2E2 5 days later. I mention this because Humberto Ramos is going to be there and I can get 2 signatures in a short period of time and send it back to be resealed. I'm really torn cause I know there is not guarantee it will regrade at 9.8 and Stan Lee had nothing to do with this book directly but I'm definitely not going to open for anything short of 2 signatures.
Post 1 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
why not? do it because you love it and not because of the resale value. if its the 700, get multiple sigs on it for fun. there are other people there to get more sigs on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ronvaughan private msg quote post Address this user
Oh I'm never selling it. I don't know if I'd get random signatures on it but these are the relevant signatures for it.

Writers: Dan Slott, J.M. DeMatteis, Jen Van Meter
Artists: Humberto Ramos, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stephanie Buscema
and since it's Amazing Spider-man: Stan Lee
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
It is not too hard of a book to get. I would keep the 9.8 sealed. Then purchase another one to get signed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
It is unlawful to have a 9.8 signed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
It is not too hard of a book to get. I would keep the 9.8 sealed. Then purchase another one to get signed.

+1
If keeping the 9.8 is important to you, then this is what I'd do.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

+1
If keeping the 9.8 is important to you, then this is what I'd do.

+ another 1
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
After years of lugging around all of those Long & Short boxes and dealing with make shift shelving, I finally decide to get serious about building a complete wall unit.

I initially thought I would be able to recess it into the wall further, but after removing the drywall I discover the interior wall there was actually concrete blocks. Not to be detoured I laid out and framed the cabinet out further into the room.

I put up a vapor barrier and then insulated the back wall with 2" Foam Insulation board. Being in the lower level of my house I made the base 4 inches of the floor. The finished base is sanded 1/2 inch plywood which was sealed & water proofed. So I now had a Super solid base. After relocating the light switch and some electrical outlets I now had my base and roughed in cabinet framing done.

I also framed a recessed "shadow box" on the right side that would be used for displaying some of my figures and other items.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
After years of lugging around all of those Long & Short boxes and dealing with make shift shelving, I finally decide to get serious about building a complete wall unit.

I initially thought I would be able to recess it into the wall further, but after removing the drywall I discover the interior wall there was actually concrete blocks. Not to be detoured I laid out and framed the cabinet out further into the room.

I put up a vapor barrier and then insulated the back wall with 2" Foam Insulation board. Being in the lower level of my house I made the base 4 inches of the floor. The finished base is sanded 1/2 inch plywood which was sealed & water proofed. So I now had a Super solid base. After relocating the light switch and some electrical outlets I now had my base and roughed in cabinet framing done.

I also framed a recessed "shadow box" on the right side that would be used for displaying some of my figures and other items.

Is that the ASM 700 on the dresser top?
Oh, wait- that's a dvd.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I think you meant to post this in the other thread.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@ronvaughan Is it this one? It just looks SO good with his sig on it... I've been tempted myself, since I have one set aside. BUT, I had a choice the last time I got him to sign things and I chose a couple of X-Men books. Don't know when I'll have the funds to get more books signed. If this is your passion book (ASM in general) and it feels right, why not?!?! His fingerprints are all over the cover.

Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This really is not a hard book to get. Cracking this one for the cigs you want is probably your best chance at 9.8, and you can always get another one if it downgrades.

Unless its a newsstand. Then its certainly not pocket change, and at 9.8 you’d be crazy to chance the downgrade.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600882 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?